This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

june 20 2010

#1

Started out with 10 minutes of scapula work..

Iron cross high hold+ negative

2x1

2x3

XR Bulgarian Rows[10X5]+supported negative BL curl

5x5-7 +1

Biceps were absolutely fried from last night at Søren's house (that sounds incredibly wrong) and now this training.

video from some of the iron cross training: IMO it is a recognized cross receiving .1 deduction.. what do you think? (yes i know it's a shitty angle)

pMcSFdwY5YY

Joshua Naterman

Pretty good Razz!

Razz

Thanks :D If just my front lever would have the same progress :(

Razz

20 june 2010

#2

~10 sets of front lever stuff, maybe more. negatives, cranks, holds etc.

1 set of strap cross pullouts but there was no energy here.

Razz

FRUSTRATION

21 june 2010

AM workout with weights.. felt like shit with 6 hours of sleep and early morning workout

25kgx3reps DB overhead press, no help to press it up the first time

not really any highlights

PM workout

1 hour of rings HS, rings press handstands are so damn frustrating.. and so is rings planche. :evil::evil::evil:

Razz

22 june 2010

#1

10 hill sprints with Søren plus cycling there and back..definately wasn't for babies

junior

Do you have any pictures of those wood parallets?

Razz

Sorry, I promise I will upload one tomorrow. Completely forgot.

Razz

Left shoulder feels weird, but I think it's just insane doms. Decided on a new workout schedule that I will use after the festival which is:

day 1 AM:

Iron cross high hold +slow negative

XR press HS work

XR HS cycles of 30s

external rotation work

day 1 PM:

Iron cross hold with counterweight system or elastic band

XR planche

XR HSPU

external rotation work

day 2 AM:

Front lever negatives

Back lever holds

XR bulgarian pullup

day 2 PM:

Front lever hold

Negative back pulls

XR bulgarian rows

will figure out sets and reps on a daily basis, not a fan of planned on the paper progression but rather "I feel like making a PR today progression"

pics of my parallettes:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2020/img1732g.jpg

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/577/img1733p.jpg

Razz

Not working out today, shoulder feels too painful. Think I slept in a weird position.. massaged it and hopefully it's better tomorrow.

Razz

24 june 2010

first a workout where i did one set of 'everything' for filming purposes.. went somethign like this:

XR l-sit

12 bulgarian dips (warm up, not all out)

XR extended adv tuck planche

XR bent arm planche lower to back lever..think i can do this but this attempt only went half way

XR cross..high hold

XR strap cross pullout 9 PR well I did 7 reps with pauses in cross each time so might nto be that big a PR, but still the most reps I've ever done. And this was with small rest breaks from all previous exercises

5-10s back lever

5 rope pullups

then immediately after drove out with Søren to do hill sprints. Did around 5-6 I think..damn tough.

Razz

Shoulder feels really bad today, can't even support on it. Anyways now I'm off for 9 or 10 days to the Roskilde festival so everything except my liver will get a rest :D

Søren

Sorry to hear about your bad shoulder, it's probably good with a break.. Have a nice trip to Roskilde, even though you're probably already off :)

Joshua Naterman

Hahaha, I hope you share some embarrassing stories with us!

Razz

Yo I'm back here's a short update.. Still some shoulder pain but I believe I can work around it and slowly make my way back into pressing. It's fucking weird cause it came out of nowhere just from sleeping, and it still hurts in the mornings mostly so I'm gonna try to sleep on my back even though it's a pain in the arse. Festival was FUCKING CRAZY and I guess Ill share some stories once I'm bothered :P No working out the past 8 or 9 days. Today did 2 sets of pullups, probably gonna do a few more. Tomorrow most likely not working out as I'm travelling all day to visit my gf, but I'm bringing my rings so ill be working out from wednesday again. Once I come home from my gf I'm going to start beta alanine and creatine, if I'm able to train properly that is.

Razz

Back from gf's. Worked out twice over there with no pain, although I think if I push intensity too much on planches there might be pain. Seems like I didn't lose a lot of relative strength during the festival (9 days of intense drinking and crap food) which is quite good since I'm 2-3 kgs of fat heavier now. Tomorrow serious training starts and continues for the rest of the summer, beta alanine and creatine are getting thrown into the mix. current supplements are then:

Whey prot

vit d

beta alanine

creatine

multi vit

ZMA

fish oil

BCAA

Razz

11 july 2010

Iron cross - intensity

3x l-sit lower to l-cross 4-5s negative with at least 3s within the recognized 10-15degrees.

press HS work

5 press HS using straps, lower to straddle l using straps

5x5s straddle spider HS hold, very straddle planchish=very ugly..

XR planche

3x10s adv tuck =30s T

XR HS

10s

4x20s, 45s rest =90s T

External rotation

2x6x5.5kg poliquin style

2x5x4.5kg lying.

The twice a day schedule I wrote on the last page is what I'm going to follow, maybe with some minor modifications. Planche is going to be twice daily on pressing days, using ONLY adv tuck position. Going to add in 10s volume per day for planche, which is 5s extra per workout. adding one more set of XR HS per day. Cross I'll add sets as work capacity increases.

here is a vid of some cross training at my gf's

2-3kgs heavier and after 2 weeks of rest. not bad imo.

hegcA-B1-xg

Razz

11 july 2010

#2

Iron cross - volume

10s through straps

then decided i would need to mix things up because i was pressed for time so did:

3 rounds of:

10s cross through straps

3 bulgarian HSPU

8-10s tuck XR PL

also started a new rehab program for my wrist. ice for 10-20min after every single workout plus lots of massage and starting wrist series on pulling days.

Joshua Naterman

Very excellent vdeo! You should look into working the wrist pre-hab into your warm up every day.

Nic Scheelings

Nice vid Razz,

I actually think ur technique looked better in the l-cross. Getting pretty close!

Razz
slizzardman said:
Very excellent vdeo! You should look into working the wrist pre-hab into your warm up every day.

Yeah once my wrist is healed that's what I'm going to do. And thanks :)

Demus said:
Nice vid Razz,

I actually think ur technique looked better in the l-cross. Getting pretty close!

Yep I noted that myself aswell, therefore I'm now primarily training for the l-cross instead. It's a bit harder anyways so that's cool :D and l-cross pullout to l-sit is badass :P

Razz

I agreed to share my megadosing fish oil stories here and it's basically that one day I shat my pants 3 times because my shit was so liquid from the fish oil that every time i farted it just flew out.. took me 3 farts to realize :twisted: :twisted:

Razz

12 july 2010

weather depressed me so much I only got in one workout.. worst thunderstorm Denmark has had in years. In the evening it stopped raining and I quickly got my rings set up. Funny because 2 days early it was the hottest day in Denmark for 4 years...Global warming??????

Front lever adv tuck

2x15s

3x10s

T=60s

Back lever straddle

5x10s

T=50s

Bulgarian L pullup

4x5

5 straight body

Finished off with 3 sets of EZ curls and 3 sets of cuban rotations

Can't remember if I did other exercises.

13 july 2010

Iron cross - intensity

4 L-cross negatives +1

Press HS work

2x5s spider HS hold..decided this exercise is not so good with the crappy form i have anyways.

6x1 press HS with negative to 10s straddle-L, +1

Planche - volume

4x10s open tuck - nearly adv tuck but not quite.

T=40s, +10s

XR HS

blah.. 3-4 sets of 20s but left shoulder doesn't like the RTO position so for now goal is just to get that fixed.

Now off to watch tour de france while stretching. This cycle I'm not going to go for PR's but rather volume increasing. So all the green numbers is the amount volume has increased since the last workout.

Razz

13 july #2

Iron cross - volume

4*feet on chair*10s

T=40s

Bulgarian HSPU

3

3x2

T=9

Planche

4*tuck*10s

T=40s +10s

decided I needed some more triceps work..

RTO dips

3

2½

3 sets of high intensity curls

3 sets of cuban rotations

Longshanks
Razz said:
I agreed to share my megadosing fish oil stories here and it's basically that one day I shat my pants 3 times because my shit was so liquid from the fish oil that every time i farted it just flew out.. took me 3 farts to realize :twisted: :twisted:

LMAO! I actually nearly fell off my chair when I read this! Congrats on the Cross training as well. You seem to be improving in leaps and bounds.