This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

Jesus christ didn't sleep well since prom night and today I fell asleep after school and woke up at 19.30 (now) ZMA arrived so if I can still sleep around 10-11 it's definately working :lol: Going to edit this post with whatever workout I do, not going to do anything too intense now, but at least some support holds and joint prep.

EDIT:

Today was testing day, testing days are good days :D

16 may 2010

Days in cycle: 1

test days: 1

workouts: 0

GPP sessions: 1

DB Cuban press[4040]

2x8x12lbs

6x12lbs wanted to keep good form

DB lying external rotation

2x6x10lbs

seated external rotation

10x10lbs

some shrugs...

Tested iron cross, planche, front lever, back lever, rings planche and manna.

Significant improvement in cross, decent improvement in planche and front lever. Back lever there was some improvement, but I'm still squeezing on my lats, think I could have done better than what I did in the video as rest breaks and warmup weren't as good as they could've been. Rings planche improved but there is some way to a true rings straddle. Manna regressed but no wonder, didn't train it lately due to my wrist.

Info for next cycle:

Goals

5s Iron cross

5s straddle planche on floor

momentary straddle planche on rings

5s full front lever

20s full back lever

fully rehab wrist

Exercises

Planche

planche leans alternate rings and floor focus on pushing out shoulders and rounding upper back

gallimores

Iron cross

Iron cross with elastic band

Cross pullouts in straps

Front lever

Front pulls, front lever pulls, alternating these exercises every other workout

gallimores

Back lever

back lever holds

GPP

DB cuban press 3 sets

DB lying external rotation 2 sets

DB seated external rotation (poliquin style) 1 set

shrugs standing, seated

DB lying prone front raise

wrist series

reverse curls

Workout plan

Every single day of the week is a workout until I feel overreached

Alternate push/pull as much as possible

3 GPP sessions per week, monday, wednesday, friday

Video is here:

-ec1ZUSmBE4

pics are here:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3450/vlcsnap2010051622h00m34.png

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8859/vlcsnap2010051622h08m13.png

scottmo

Razz, I noticed you stated during planche your are trying to push out shoulders and round back. Could you elaborate. Do you mean to lean more foward? thanks

Razz

I'm not into the biomechanics of it, but it is important to push your shoulders out and when you do this you will feel your back rounding. think of the end position of a scapula pushup, you wanna do this while in a planche.

Razz

Todays training

17 may 2010

Days in cycle: 2

test days: 1

workouts: 1

GPP sessions: 1

todays training was what you call a shit training

started with planche training then HSPU's handstands etc

trampoline managed to do 2 doublebacks but travelling backwards then i did like a gazillion jumps but couldnt jump straight up and down which means i couldnt do my doublebacks.......fuckfuckfuck. And i have to do a bunch of jumps because our trampoline is not really bouncy, it's crap like all the other equipment here. Can't wait to start training in a proper gym that's not full of immature little girls and where I'm not the only guy so there is actually some focus on mens gymnastics! :evil:

besides, i decided to start some introductory maltese training instead of my planche at home, because I already do planche 3xweek at gymnastics practice. I'm hoping there will be some carryover aswell. Oh and my multivitamins arrived, have to pick them up at the hospital tomorrow.

Razz

18 may 2010

Days in cycle: 3

test days: 1

workouts: 2

GPP sessions: 1

overtrained:wondering if I should've taken more days off before this cycle. Hopefully it's just me being tired lately. or maybe spending 2 hours at my gf's today made me extra tired.

Iron cross with elastic band ~-10lbs

5x5s

Feet supported strap maltese

4x15s focus on hollowback and full body tension

3x

3 straddle FL pulls

10s adv tuck FL

10 feet elevated rows [11X3] mixing up bulgarian and normal grip. tempo is excen, pause, concen, pause.

Back lever

4x5s full lay

Joshua Naterman

Making good progress!

Razz

thanks slizz :D

note to self and readers: doing 2 doses of ZMA which is 1000mg mag and 60mg zinc. Also doing multi vit twice daily from designs for health. Evening feed right now before bed is: 2 doses ZMA, 1 multi, 3g fish oil, cod roe.

Razz

19 may 2010

Days in cycle: 4

test days: 1

workouts: 3

GPP sessions: 1

overtrained: nooooooooo

Iron cross pullouts with straps [11X0] [excentric,pause,concentric,pause]

4 PR

4

3

4

3

aiming for 5x5 then adding weight.

Front lever pulls

3-4 sets of 5-8 full lay and straddle.. some I paused in front lever full lay but with like 1 degree bend in my arms.. locked out still can't hold a proper full lay.

XR planche leans

5x[10s+10s]

XR back lever full lay

8s think this is a PR

5s

8s thought something was gonna pop here.

10s PR bit arch towards the end

Razz

19 may 2010

Days in cycle: 4

test days: 1

workouts: 3

GPP sessions: 2

overtrained: nooooooooo

Today's GPP session 1 hour after my workout.. slept in the afternoon so had to do both my workout and GPP after dinner and still make it to bed in reasonable time. Not optimal but at least I got it done.

Cuban Press[4040]

3x8x12lbs 2 reps improvement, few more sessions with this weight until I do 3 sets of 12 because next dumbell available is 15 lbs.

External rot. Poliqiun style

3x6x15lbs

Lying external rot.

3x6x12lbs didn't manage all reps with left hand..

external rotator stretch, this got a lot better.

shoulder dislocations

elbow pushups

Razz

Training in ze gym today

20 may 2010

Days in cycle: 5

test days: 1

workouts: 4

GPP sessions: 2

overtrained: your mom is overtrained

strength

2x~1min wall HS

some free standing HS

5 x HS lower to l-sit

4 x [2x10s] PL lean

HSPU wall assisted for balance. 3,2,2 This was very narrow grip so quite hard

assisted HSPU 9,6

trampoline

10 double backs

10 front 1½ twists..these were pg=pure garbage

5 back full twists.. one good one

Razz

21 may 2010

Days in cycle: 6

test days: 1

workouts: 5

GPP sessions: 2

overtrained: yes.. no im joking.

Cross with elastic band

first one excentric without band to test, pretty good.

4s

4s

4s

2s

Think I counted too fast last training, usually my counting is exact though. Realized this is not a big volume on this exercise. so I did another exercise aswell.

Cross arms through rings

10s ~7cm past elbows, pretty easy.

10s ~10cm from wrist. bit past middle of forearm. Could've done more

7s ~5cm from wrist. this was all out

one set with wrists resting on rings, lightly jump off the ground about 10 times and try to hold. like running in place but just tapping lightly each time enough to lift into cross for .25s interesting exercise and quite tough

360 pulls

5 adv tuck - warm up

2 adv tuck/straddle grip set out. slow tempo. about 40s for these 2 reps.

3 reps adv tuck faster tempo.

1 rep full lay bad form :lol:

XR bulgarian pullups 1 min rest since it's a 'support exercise'

10 PR

5

3 fail on 4th

felt like right arm worked way more than left. imbalance from operation I'm guessing. same reason my left arm is still stronger but my right biceps grew 1-1.5 cm bigger than left.

done deal time to go to the swimming pool. Putting music for a girls gym competition later and tonight there's a bday party in the desert, should be good fun :D The fact that a girls competition is taking up the gym today is another reason I can't wait to go to a place with a proper men's team.. really can't wait.

Daniel Jorgensen

Damn, I envy your progression!!! :cry: :lol:

Razz

Thanks a lot! Always nice to get comments like that :mrgreen:

Razz

22 may 2010

Days in cycle: 7

test days: 1

workouts: 6

GPP sessions: 2

overtrained: yes.. no im joking.

too much empty-stommack morning cardio with my other half today.. pressed for time in this workout but I will update later with the second part including GPP

pre dinner:

cross pullouts in straps[11X0]

5 + 5s hold PR

5 + 3s hold all out!

4 + 5s hold

3 fail on 4th rep :oops:

1 less rep than last time I did this, but in 1 set less. and I added static holds this time so good improvement.

Inverse muscle up, self assisted.

1 x almost full ROM + 1 x 3/4 ROM +10s XR HS

1 almost full ROM.. dead + 10s XR HS

definite improvement in the HSPU part, also an increased ROM since last time, less reps though.

Razz

22 may 2010

Days in cycle: 7

test days: 1

workouts: 6

GPP sessions: 3

overtrained: nonono

late evening prehab.

DB Cuban Press[4040]

3x8x12lbs going for 9 reps next time. did a few sets of body levers in between

90-90 lateral raise with external rotation performed immediately after last set of cubans. amazing superset!

5x12lbs

DB External rot. Poliquin style

8x15lbs

7x15lbs

6x15lbs

DB lying lateral raise to 45 deg

6x12 lbs

2x8x12lbs

DB lying external rot.

6x12lbs

4x12lbs external rotators were fried

DB pullover alt. lying prone front raise

2x[6x20lbs each hand + 10x5lbs each hand] all 4 sets alternated no rest.

DB hammer curl[5010] alt. 'elbow pushups'

3x[5x25lbs+6] all sets alternated no rest. Here I noticed my left hand could not hold the dumbell in the neutral grip position. It wanted to move sideways, this made me happy to realise as I think it's a weakness that could be causing some of my left wrist pain. Therefore I performed:

DB hammer grip hold at 90deg

3x15sx15lbs left hand only.

after I left the clubhouse gym I realised I forgot ancle walks for my poor ancles..next time!

Razz

23 may 2010

Days in cycle: 8

test days: 1

workouts: 7

GPP sessions: 3

overtrained: nonono

Cross with elastic band

first one excentric without band to test, pretty good.

4x5s definite improvement. These were actually 4-5s and not 3-4 like the last ones.

Cross arms through rings

10s 7cm from wrist

8s 4cm from wrist PR this was ALL OUT, damn nice cramps.

2x10x tapping at wrist, love this exercise no idea if it's good or not but it's damn tough :lol:

360 pulls

2x5 adv tuck ouch my forearms i can barely write right now (yes im logging real time)

3

finished off with some rotations into bridges, bridge pushups (on fingertips to save my left wrist) and bridge wall walks. dynamic leg mobility were done in between sets.

Razz

24 may 2010

Days in cycle: 9

test days: 1

workouts: 8

GPP sessions: 3

overtrained: nonono

Today I had an exam in school and therefore skipped gymnastics training.. did some strength training at home, but was so tired I skipped the GPP session of today and besides that could barely stay awake.

XR press HS attempts this is basically a half press HS with straight turned out arms, then ill do whatever needed to make it to HS and then use the straps to do the negative portion back to l-sit

10x1 in 12 min.. tempted to say there was some improvement here.

Planche leans

5 sets of ~10s alternated rings and parallettes, good improvement in lean angle.

one set of 30s XR HS..

GPP will be done tomorrow instead of today.

Razz

25 may 2010

Days in cycle: 10

test days: 1

workouts: 9

GPP sessions: 3

overtrained: nonono

Fell asleep all day... oh well that means 2 workouts after dinner.

Cross pullouts in straps [11X0]

5 +5s hold

5 +5s hold

4 +5s hold

4 +5s hold

4 +5s hold set and volume PR

3 rounds of

5 towel chins

5s straddle front lever

5s full back lever

felt weaker in front and back lever but well.. thats how it is. Going to rest 1 hour then go and do GPP session.

Razz

The external rotation/ GPP workout did not happen.. instead 45 minutes of tennisball/massage. I have not counted that in my GPP sessions as only sessions were muscles work are counted to show work capacity progress.

Razz

26 may 2010

Days in cycle: 11

test days: 1

workouts: 10

GPP sessions: 3

overtrained: hmmmm

½-.75 hour of XR HS, inverted cross holds and pullouts with feet on straps, XR straddle l-presses and some XRHSPU. Not feeling it lately, skipped gymnastics today because it's such a shitty atmosphere to be there and apparently the girls are doing cheerleading now that they finished their competition. Tomorrow's training is also ruined because there is a competition in the well equipped gym that we normally use on fridays.. oh lord shall be good to have people to train with in a proper place. I will ofcourse do a workout today. Diet is a bit slacking but still decent..

Søren

Sorry for your gym problems.. But nothing's wrong by taking a break once in a while :)

Razz

27 may 2010

Days in cycle: 12

test days: 1

workouts: 11

GPP sessions: 3

overtrained: hmmmm

Planche leans

5x10s alternated XR and parallettes. also did some 5s straddle planches on parallettes, big improvement but still not perfect.

3x

6-10 ring flies (flyers,fliers,flyes,flies???)

~10XR bulgarian pushups

~10 parallettes pushups

in the last round i also added ring flies from knees after the standing ones. these were tough had to lay down and cry between sets.. well almost. Haven't had a proper pump in ages, need more of these workouts as I want to pack on a bit of mass. Now I'm going to a friends house to watch colombia vs south africa football match, should be good fun.

Razz

Jesus christ today I haven't had time to train I'm gonna die :lol: Ok Ill just train twice as hard tomorrow :twisted:

Razz

29 may 2010

Days in cycle: 13

workouts: 12

GPP sessions: 3

overtrained: hmmmm doubt it

Removed the test day as a day in the cycle, it was confusing.

Cross with elastic

5x4-5s

Cross arms through rings

8s 6cm from ring

10s 4cm from ring PR

after this couldnt feel it anymore.......................

Front lever

5s straddle

1 full lay attempt

8s straddle not sure if this is a PR

8s straddle

5s straddle-->5s adv tuck

2x

5 FL pulls (full, straddle)

XR bulgarian pullups thick bar (5+10s hold, 5+10shold)

Chins (3+10s hold, 1+10s hold)

1x

5XR thick grip bulgarian pullups+10s hold + 5chins+10shold

some back levers but they were very weak today...

Razz

Just working out without any program right now, had my last high school exam today and I'm now officially done with highschool :D This means plenty of time to both work out and chill with my friends many of whom I'm seeing for the last time in the next 2 weeks. I'm going to try and squeeze in 2 workouts whenever possible, but friends are first priority these next 2 weeks.

31 may 2010

6 sets of straddle planches, 1-2 seconds. Either extended from tuck or pressed from straddle-l rest 2-3 min between sets

5 sets of planche leans 1-2 reps of 10s rest 2 min between sets

5 sets of 3 jumping press HS with slow negative. 1 min rest between sets.

3 rounds of:

ring flyes (10,6,6)

XR bulgarian pushups (10,?,?)

Pushups (10,10,9+1)

today I started a 1 week cure of 3x400mg brufen to see if it can help my wrist.

loving the BB style finishers, hopefully it'll either add some mass or help me shred some fat :D