pssst.., remember the manna, wall vid ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Razz's log, video p. 63
Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views
It's coming, just gotta be bothered to grab my camera from upstairs :wink:
Manna vid is uploading so I'm gonna leave it now and go to bed, get some quality sleep instead of doing a second workout and then not sleeping until 11-12.. You can find the video in my youtube account in ½ hour or so.
Basically the goal is to get your hands close to the wall and do the actual manna position but I can't do that yet, though I feel it's coming.
thanks! Nice back ![]()
thanks ![]()
edit: thought i'd just put the vid here aswell
G27tYHYaAg0
Todays training
april 27 2010 (I seem to be too used to the american way of writing dates now a days
)
Iron cross arms trough straps
9-10x10lbsx10s PR!!!!! goal reached!!
8x10lbs
bit of playing with jumps to momentary iron crosses and some tic tocs... probably doing another training after dinner. That training will be planche and manna mainly.
That's really smart Razz! Thanks for the video!
todays training #2
Spend some time during the day to create a counterweight system which works pretty well, needs fine tuning though
besides that I spend my time between the first and second workout swimming around in the pool and eating ![]()
27 april 2010 (danish style date again)
XR straddle planche
-10lbs x~10s
-10lbs x ~10s
-5lbs x~10s
and then like 10 sets of 3-5s unassisted XR straddle planche! PR BIG TIME in some sets I 'dropsetted' to adv tuck/tuck planche for ~5s. But okay lets be honest XR straddle planche is close but not 100% perfect, either legs were at proper height but slightly bend, or they were straight and slightly low, couldn't seem to get both at the same time. But that will come soon I'm sure, as I barely ever practive XR planches and can already do this ![]()
then wanted to do manna but wrist was complaning so rested it.
5xadv tuck front lever pull ups
10x explosive HLL
Pics of counterweight system:
EDIT: pics deform so here's the links.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1672/img1555l.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1954/img1554q.jpg
basically whatever weight I put in the bagpack is counterweight against me. Pretty simple system, just a string through a hook and attach one end to me and one to the bag. Need to find a belt to attach it to though, as I attached it through one of the loops for the belt and it ripped half way..
video from the planches
Aup65oflRvE
Kick ass man! I love my counterweight system. Pretty much the same thing, just slightly different parts. I need to make a loading pin to really have it work right.I need to start alternating my planche work between bw in adv frog and heavier assists in XR tuck.
Really great work Razz.. I think it's easy to see that your control gets better with a little assist, so you probably just need a little more strength before the perfect form is there ![]()
Yeah the 5lbs made a huge difference.. within one mont the real one will be there ![]()
Have you ever thought back to what it was like when you started?
I ask this because of the HUGE difference. Great job man! You're going to get a lot of goals completed, I just know it ![]()
Yeah I sometimes think of when I was struggling with 10 bench dips after the operation, or look back at some of my older videos on my computer and I'm like damn something happened
Thanks a bunch man it means a lot ![]()
28 april 2010
Iron cross
-10lbs x 7s
-10lbs x 7s
-10lbs x 7s
bw attempt..slow negative
-5lbs x 5s
-5lbs x 5s
-10lbs x5s
-10lbsx 5s
Manna
1x wall manna
few MSH's
times are approximate as I was completely lost today, been absolutely out of energy so the energy I spent training wasn't really spent counting seconds.. Yesterdays trainings took its tolls
That's how I want it though.. Tomorrow I'm starting school at 9.30 so I might wake up at 7 and do a manna+ring flyes+front lever workout before school and then I have practice after school.
OH good news are I got accepted into University of Iowa the other day!!
That's probably my first choice in the States!
Impressive video. Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing a solid straddle planche soon ![]()
DOOD!
What are you going to study?
Congrats on accepting on a course.
Jocke: Thanks, I'm looking forward to see that soon aswell ![]()
Seiji: In that Uni I'll probably chose this:http://www.uiowa.edu/admissions/undergrad/majors/at-iowa/Integrative-Physiology.html read more here: http://www.uiowa.edu/~iphysio/ I really hope I get into the major because it is competitive.. Also there's the price thing of going to the states.. In Denmark I get free education so unless I get some scholarship and stuff I'm not going to the States.
Gregor: thanks ![]()
29 april 2010
AM:
tuck front lever rows
5x5
chinups
9
7
Full ROM ring flyes lowering down to back lever here, did these with rings at knee height
2
2
cluster:1+1+1+fail
PM:
no real strength training at gym cause of my wrist..
practiced lots of twists on the trampoline then went to the airtrack and practiced twists. Did 3 full turn attempts, 2 succesful and one was 3/4 turn. Lots of half turns and also got some new combos: Round of, back flick, back layout half twist, Front flip or front flyspring or front layout.
What was the aim on the chinups? Max reps? Wide grip? Specific tempo of any sorts?
Goal with chinups was just more volume on the pulling.. It was max reps after the exhaust from the FL rows.
Today's training
Parallettes
shitty strength today.. managed one L-straddle press-HS and some sets of 2 HSPU's
straddle planche is slightly (yes, just very slightly according to my coach) piked but held for a good 5s. It's weird, if I dont push my shoulderblades out I can do it flat, but if I push them out I pike it.
Rings
PR 7 muscle ups
practiced kips to support and swings and double backflip of rings. backflip got better, I do the 2 full rotations now, before I used to do 1½. Kip got better but still can't do it with straight arms.
Pulley system
10 cross pullouts
some sets of 3-5 cross pullouts lowering to 45 deg below horizontal.
3-4 routines of: 10s planche, 2-3 lower to maltese press to planche, 10s maltese, 3-5 cross pullouts lowering 45 deg below horizontal, 10s iron cross.
titties=dead ![]()
Tumbling
FIRST time since the injury I tumbled on spring floor, and it was pretty good. Just didsome passes of: round of - backflick - backflip. Had pretty good height on backflip when my takeoff was right.
Went to the trampoline track and did some backflick, backlayouts. was a bit so-so.
Razz said:Today's trainingParallettes
shitty strength today.. managed one L-straddle press-HS and some sets of 2 HSPU's
straddle planche is slightly (yes, just very slightly according to my coach) piked but held for a good 5s. It's weird, if I dont push my shoulderblades out I can do it flat, but if I push them out I pike it.
This is not strange...It's easier to feel the line in full planche. You are compensating strain forward with piking. With shoulders pushed you are more on delts and less on pecs, so therefore you have more strain forward rather something in the midle if you would hold more with pec (then occours more back arching ). I realy don't know how to explane to you :oops: ![]()
Think I sorta get what you're saying, I guess bottom line is I just need to get stronger
I actually did some extensions into full planche just becaues it was easier to feel the flat line.
Yes ![]()