This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Joakim Anderson

Congrats on the new record! Maybe the gas made you lighter..

Joshua Naterman

Nice work with the FL!

Razz

Off to workout as soon as my mom leaves the house, if she sees me working out today (stayed home from school, but I'm significantly better but still a bit of stommach problems) she will just start the whole "if you work out you can go to school" shebang..

Razz

Did a few strength tests today, I'll definately be ready for tomorrows training. Here's a video :D

ESwXgWPclrM

-Front lever form is more a feeling than a strength problem.

-In manna my hips look below horizontal but it is because of the loose shorts.

-Planche :D

-Back lever is slightly high in the end, but again this is a feeling and not a strength problem.

Søren

Cool vid Razz, though I guess I would have preferred another angle for the camera, doing the manna work :roll: But nice skills anyway

Razz

HAHA it is the best angle for viewing progress, buuuuuuuut maybe it might also be the best angle for viewing something else :lol:

Søren

I'm not shure I get what you mean by that.. could you elaborate? :mrgreen:

Razz

Hmmm I realized you can't see anything you're not supposed to, but if you want ill film it with a nice wide straddle from the front next time :mrgreen:

Søren

Guess this position of the camera is good enough for me anyway :mrgreen:

Razz

I'm glad to hear that :P

Daniel Jorgensen
Razz said:
Going to go back up to 10k IU vit d/day for one more month aswell as supplementing with magnesium (something we already have here in my house that noone used) unfortunately it is magnesium oxide but i wont be getting new supps until juni i think. Also upping fishoil to from 10g to 15-20g just to see if there are any effects. In june I'm probably adding vit C, zinc, magnesium and possible casein again, may give beta alanine another try aswell. this will make my full list at:

vit D 5-10k IU/day

creatine 5g/day

beta alanine 5g/day

whey PWO shake and morning shake

magnesium 2g/day

zinc 30mg/day

vit C 2g/day

BCAA 15g pre/during WO

fish oil 10-20g/day

Casein PWO, morning, evening

and yes in summer break im expecting to train REALLY hard, as I got accepted into college the other day and they have a gymnastics team. wow that was supposed to be a few lines of writing but got caught up :P interesting to just sit down and think about stuff sometimes

I'm trying to work out why people do BCAA(and some leucine) pre and/or during WO. WHat logic do you follow for doing so? In my mind they are too simple and will be used as substance for energy...

Why do you take vit c?

Razz

BCAA seems to reduce DOMS, aswell as prevent catabolism of muscles during workout. Nothing major though, it just all adds up once you are working hard 6 days a week. Vit C is from recommendation of Ido and Gregor , I'm not into the science behind it, but it should be good for immune defence. Wouldn't mind if I got a little less sick.

Also take note that, that list is what I want to take and I'm not taking any vit C yet. Atm it's just:

whey

BCAA

fishoil

vit D

creatine

Joshua Naterman

Once you get past 2g of vitamin c per day for more than a few days it can actually suppress the immune system according to quite a number of studies I've read, so that's probably why the recommendation of 2g is what it is.

The BCAAs get burned by muscles for energy during workouts. If you don't have them in your blood, along with glutamine, then your body is going to start consuming existing bodily protein, which means that some components of muscle will be ripped apart. Then when you're healing between workouts your body will have to heal that extra damage as well as compensate for the workout itself before it can supercompensate, or grow new actin and myosin fibers(or lots of sarcoplasm and noncontractile proteins as well, if you're working out like a bodybuilder). When you supplement, your body burns the BCAAs in your blood instead of ripping apart your body tissues, which means you have less total damage to recover from, which means your body can spend more time between workouts of a given frequency supercompensating.

The reduced DOMS probably comes from, and this is pure speculation because I am basing this on rationality, not empirical evidence, the fact that when bodily proteins are broken down and the BCAAs are consumed the rest of the protein is useless and ends up floating around until it can be cleared out, irritating nerve endings in the meantime and producing DOMS. We know DOMS is caused by protein fractions irritating nerve endings, this explanation is just a rational derivative of that process and the function of BCAAs in the body during exercise.

Daniel Jorgensen

Sweet! Thank both!

The reason I asked about the vitamin c was just because there is quite some evidence, that it (and other anti-oxidants) inhibit hyperstrophy (don't now about mere strength). However, i'm not sure anyone ever concluded anything about the dosage...:)

Razz

23 april 2010

shit training.. PR in l-sit straddle press with pike negative couple of sets of 2 reps, felt progressively more sick during training and almost killed myself a few times, no air sense..

Razz

24 april 2010

much better training today, despite having been tired and out of energy all day aswell as still having some stomach problems.

Iron cross arms trough straps

10lbs x 10s

10lbs x 10s

10lbs x 10s

10lbs x 8s

10lbs x 10s

10lbs x 7s

10lbs x 5s

The observant reader will notice a huge set and volume PR here. Previous goal was 5x10lbsx10s. New goal is 10x10lbsx10s. I still believe in doing an iron cross before summer break.

Jump through iron cross to support

did one rep and failed, was absolutely out of energy from the above.

360's

4x2 FL adv tuck/half lay BL half lay/straddle

bulgarian row feet elevated [x311]

10lbs x 7

10lbs x something

10lbs x5ish

wall manna

5x 10s

found a new surface to do this on so my hands don't slide, gave a much better feeling. Being near crying about my manna progress lately I upped volume in this exercise. This exercise also works as active flexibility. I think.

MSH

3x5-10s

best holds I've ever had here, higher and more consistent (not bouncing up and down).

Gregor

I love increasing the volume when I'm prepaired for it and you can easly meassure improvement.

Now I'm experimenting with Mon, Wed, with lower volume (more basic holds of maltese, inverteds, cross nothing fancy)and bigger adds on my weighted belt and more exercises on belt but lower volume. On Friday is in other hand: lower intesity (with belt and main hold positions) and with higher intesity and more fancy stuff like victorians, azarian maltese-lover to back lever-press to maltese stuff.

I will write about my feelings about that when it will show some improvements or not.

Joshua Naterman

Razz: will you please make a wall manna video? I'm having trouble visualizing what you do.

Razz

Gregor: Increasing volume is amazing, I love it. Looking forward to hear about your progress. I will be pleased the day I can call inverted crosses and maltese with extra weight: nothing fancy :lol:

Slizz: yes sir it will be up tomorrow :D

Razz

going to do ½ hour of soft tissue work before bed.

Seiji

Perhaps you COULD take a break from your workouts? It's not the end of the world, you can always come back stronger than before.

I AM LIKING YOUR WORK! Your straddle planche is looking better than the one in the profile picture now :D

I find it funny how we seem to be opposites in a way. I've got high l and v sits for extended periods, but you have better planches. I can't do either lever, but the back? (one like victorian, I forgot) I can straddle shortly. :P I like watching your progress videos when they do come out :D

Razz

Seiji: Breaks are for the weak :P HAHA no it's good once in a while :D and thanks a lot! I have no idea how high I can v-sit atm, maybe I should try :P

its now 22:18 and I finished (most of) my hwk, time to work out :D

Seiji

Hah :P

Razz

25 april 2010

Wall manna

5x10s

MSH

3x~5s

Some stretching in between sets, but I'm scared of stretching my right shoulder too much so unfortunately that may be halting my manna progress but thats life.

Pressed for time as I wanna get a decent amount of sleep, decided to do only manna. Iron cross training was out of the question anyways since my chest felt like it got ripped apart yesterday, could be from the soft tissue work but I blame it on the iron cross anyways. Did film a set of wall manna which I will put on youtube tomorrow.

Razz

26 april 2010

In ze gym...

warmup

endo presses, a few succesful and a lot of failures

straddle planches, very low volume kinda high intensity

HeSPU's

'back kip to HS' but from laying on floor. Had some good ones with perfect timing and hold in HS

10xHS lower to l-sit press to stand, not much rest between reps

tumbling

worked round of-BHS-layout full twists

for a while I was so frustrated I was about to hit someone but then it clicked and I had some decent full twists, starting to feel it a lot better. Still it's far from perfect and I had a lot of crappy ½ twists aswell.

Might do a small second workout some time before bed.