This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

Today was a weights workout with uncle, chest and back, that was some intense stuff! followed by a nice brunch on a hotel, damn i ate a lot :D

did some shrugs (bar behind back) in the workout which felt great for my scapulas. Think my scapular retractors (spelling???) are still lazy and i need to work on them for good shoulder posture, more shrugs in the future for sure!

Joshua Naterman

MAAAAAN, you need some "tuff feet" BAD! It is an herbal topical solution originally made for sled dogs, it toughens tissue without making it stiff. It's all natural, basically plant balsams(a type of resin) dissolved in rubbing alcohol. They build up in your epidermis and form a protective barrier. After two weeks of daily use you can scale back to 3x a week and maintain the protective effect, and you'll find it to be nearly impossible to get blisters, much less rip skin. They have formulas for people too now, and a lot of sprinters and other runners/hikers use it. It works! I'd imagine this would work great along with salt water soaks, since the stuff is not water soluble.

Ah, the shrug work. It's so important to shrug in every direction! Just doing these as warm up and cool down every workout can be a powerful prehab and rehab tool!

Razz

Wow had no idea there was stuff like that, right now im doing salt water and some herbal cream, works ok but no miracles. Damn my budget is just not there for shipping stuff from the states all the time, but in the future that's something i'm gonna have to try for sure! right now im just regretting i didn't buy more of the tastes from trueprotein as i'm gonna run out in a few months i'm guessing :(

and yeah more shrugging is to come in the future for sure

Razz

Thanks mate :D

Razz

11 april 2010

HLL 10-180deg[/b

7x10

5 rest pause 1 rest pause 1½

after that 5th rep in the last set there was no energy and my heels slammed down into the floor. In the second rest pause set that last half rep was almot a tucked FL pull with piked legs and I couldn't finish it, decided it was time to terminate ab workout.

half an hour of lower body stretching. japana almost down!! front splits felt terribly easy today which they usually don't do, think it's because my hip flexors gave in to the stretch so easy because they were so smashed.

Søren

im so envious on your flexibility :) it must have required a lot of work. I definately need to improve my own :mrgreen:

Razz

Thanks :D Required lots of work, and pain :mrgreen: Your flexibility is probably one of the worst cases I've seen :mrgreen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 april 2010

gym session.

managed to do 2 perfect endo presses with 2s HS hold and then lower down to straddle-l. After this I couldn't get the timing right anymore, but strength definately improve, barely any momentum used in the second one. improvement here for sure, even though I did 5 before but they were ugly.

My roundoff backflick layout sequence is annoying the shit out of me because I lost my roundoff during my injury time...more practice...... Felt a slight improvement in back layout full twists on the trampoline though.

edit#2: ½hour soft tissue work aaah this was good.

now I'm off to buy a wrist guard for my left wrist as it is starting to bug me a bit, more prehab and icing coming up aswell!

edit: decided I wanna GtG manna work while also doing it in workouts because manna is relatively low intensity but needs A LOT of work.. lets see if it works...

Søren

Hehe instantly it sounds like an insult... but unfortunately I believe its soooo true :mrgreen:

Razz

Wasn't meant like an insult, but rather a friendly push in the right direction towards becoming more flexible :P

Søren

I know it wasnt (an insult) :mrgreen: im definately going to work on it as soon as i start working out again, but im afraid a split is going to be even harder for me to achieve than the planche :lol: but thats not a reason not to go for it!

Søren

Just a thought: but it would be hilarious to make a side-forum where people could upload vids of things they really suck at, just for fun, an then my flexibility could be a sticky called: "the definition of FAIL" or "stretch, or youll end up like this!" :lol: Some people might find that last one very motivating :roll:

Sorry, but im really tired :oops:

Razz

HAHAHAHA that would be pretty funny :P

Razz

Been feeling slightly sick for like a week now.. and lately I've been waking up before my alarm every morning, seems like I wake up to take a piss as I always have to and I then fall asleep pretty quickly again, but it is weird anyways..

13 april 2010

looong warmup.. just didnt get warm properly..

iron cross through straps +10lbs

8s PR

6s

5s

4-5s+(3s without weight)

jump through cross to support

3x3

some front lever stuff

some back levers got a full perfect shape BL PR

more weighted tuck front levers

1x3 muscle ups (really dont like muscle ups on the XR, prefer normal rings 100 times)

some bodylever stuff

From today I'm going to work: iron cross, front lever, back lever every day I work at home. This means an increase in volume on these exercises. Back lever will soon move on to maintenance work once it gets a little stronger. Planche work will only be done at the gym and manna will be GtG. Front lever will be superset with a pulling exercise to have some bend arm pulling. Video from today should come soon..

EDIT: no video coming, accidentially deleted the vids.. lol

Razz
Søren said:
I know it wasnt (an insult) :mrgreen: im definately going to work on it as soon as i start working out again, but im afraid a split is going to be even harder for me to achieve than the planche :lol: but thats not a reason not to go for it!

Can you not stretch at the moment either?

Joshua Naterman

Why don't you like XR muscle ups?

Razz

The grip sucks compared to wooden rings with chalk :P I sweat like a nasty mofo after 2-3 MU's..it helped a bit to put tennis racket 'tape' around my rings but it's still not so good..maybe I'm just a sissy :lol:

Joshua Naterman

lol! gotcha.

Søren
Razz said:
Can you not stretch at the moment either?

It might seem like a poor excuse, but I really hate stretching without working out first, cause I never feel like properly warm and that easily kills my motivation. Besides my body is still acting a bit weird as a side effect to the threatment, so I dont wont to challenge myself physically until the side effects are completely gone.

Razz
Søren said:
Razz said:
Can you not stretch at the moment either?

It might seem like a poor excuse, but I really hate stretching without working out first, cause I never feel like properly warm and that easily kills my motivation. Besides my body is still acting a bit weird as a side effect to the threatment, so I dont wont to challenge myself physically until the side effects are completely gone.

Alright... Having stretching sessions without working out is what have given me the best results, just start with some active dynamic, then active static and then passive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 april 2010

highlights from gym:

strength

no endo presses :(

10x HS pike lower to l-sit press to stand

1x10 (with some rest pause due to falls) HeSPU

some planche training

tumbling on airtrack

handspring-layout full twist, need to get 1½ here soon

trampoline

back layout full twists got alot better

worked on some front 1½ twists not the best but had some good ones.

also did some vaulting and everytime i hit the vault it made a huge jump :twisted:

Søren

Ok. I think I'll give it a try in a couple of weeks when the side effects should be completely gone :)

Razz

Going to go back up to 10k IU vit d/day for one more month aswell as supplementing with magnesium (something we already have here in my house that noone used) unfortunately it is magnesium oxide but i wont be getting new supps until juni i think. Also upping fishoil to from 10g to 15-20g just to see if there are any effects. In june I'm probably adding vit C, zinc, magnesium and possible casein again, may give beta alanine another try aswell. this will make my full list at:

vit D 5-10k IU/day

creatine 5g/day

beta alanine 5g/day

whey PWO shake and morning shake

magnesium 2g/day

zinc 30mg/day

vit C 2g/day

BCAA 15g pre/during WO

fish oil 10-20g/day

Casein PWO, morning, evening

and yes in summer break im expecting to train REALLY hard, as I got accepted into college the other day and they have a gymnastics team. wow that was supposed to be a few lines of writing but got caught up :P interesting to just sit down and think about stuff sometimes

Søren

Congratulation with your admission!!! so where are you going to read? Guess you are still up for reading sport?

Søren

Sounds very exiting :) Can't follow the link... It´s in Nebraska right?

EDIT: The link works now