This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

29 march 2010

Went to gym but it was a silly training. Coach planned some playing with the girls since there was only 6 of them and they're young.. I myself did a deload-ish training highlights are 1 endo press with bent legs and 1 straddle l press to straddle planche and some standing back tuck and back pikes.

30 march 2010

Block Iron Cross

6 or 7 x 8s Iron cross only heels on block.

3min rest between sets

3 rounds of

5 FL pulls full lay

3-4 XR Bulgarian HSPU

10s XR strap HS

5x Manna MSH

3x Wall manna

Razz

Today was recover day since i'm most likely working weights with my uncle tomorrow... did one straddle planche today hope that won't mess with my recovery too much :P

Razz

1 april 2010

hmm can't really remember but here's some highlights

10 straight arm ring flys feet elevated PR (last PR was 9 reps with feet on floor)

bunch of XR bulgarian dips and XR bulgarian pushups

3 muscleups (went all out on dips and pushups supersets so no energy here)

some XR HS

some weighted straddle l work

2 april 2010

short pulling workout

had improvements in lay FL pulls

...?

4 april 2010

weights workouts

bi's, tri's and shoulders got owned big time. couldn't bend my arms after workout.

Joshua Naterman

Nice work Razz!

I'm doing the ol' rehab deal myself now, gonna spend the next 3 months or so concentrating pretty exclusively on shoulder rehab, stability, and stretching. I'm going all the way back to frog stand for my planche work! My elbows are feeling a whole lot better though, thank GOD. How is your shoulder doing? How was the weights workout with your uncle?

Razz

Yeah I'm doing alot of prehab still aswell! It's good to hear about your elbows if they are finally healing :D My shoulder is still sore in some extreme positions and I can't touch it behind my back as far up as my other shoulder but if thats the only ROM I lost thats fine with me.. actually I think my right (injured) shoulder was never able to touch as far behind my back as my left. Weights workout was fun, he is a bodybuilder with some pretty amazing results actually so that makes it more fun to push it with him.. good with some diversity from the gymnastics sometimes :D

Joshua Naterman

Nice! Yea, it seems as if my elbows are getting better. Now I am just starting over from the beginning. I figure I'll work this easy stuff 3-4x a week, see how that goes for a month, and then straighten my arms a little more. They're around 15-20 degrees from straight in the frog right now, so I'm slowly transitioning to advanced frog. I figure if I take a few months to make the transition then I should be doing easy 20s sets of advanced frog with no problems by the end of the summer. I'm hoping that by next summer that will translate into straddle planche lol! Or at least extending out into it.

Razz

I love your patient approach to training and sometimes I wish I could do the same :P

Gregor

Do you use terra-band or any type of elastic band for rehabilitation purposes?

Razz

Today's training

5 april 2010

Iron cross arms through straps

5x5s +10lbs going to work up to 5x10s with 10lbs

Assisted iron cross

2x~5-8s

Played with some planches with arms trough straps..not really a success :lol: Also played with some straddle planches on floor.

XR Planche

4x10s adv tuck need to work up to 20s adv tuck sets.

some XR HS which included a nice fall where i thought for a second my shoulder was gonna pop... thank god to shoulder stabilization training it didn't at all :P

this all took about 1½ hour because i was interrupted a few times and i was exerimenting alot with the straps doing weird stuff :lol:

Razz
Gregor said:
Do you use terra-band or any type of elastic band for rehabilitation purposes?

Before every training i do external rotation in 0, 45 and 90deg positions of abduction aswell as ido's shoulder routine (more or less) and ido's scapula routine (more or less).

Razz

YAY my flavors for BCAA arrived :D:D:D

Gregor
Razz said:
YAY my flavors for BCAA arrived :D:D:D

haha :mrgreen: . wich brand?

Razz

Trueprotein got their double dutch chocolate and their lime taste, that's what the other customers seemed to favor so I went with that. finally i don't have to be almost puking when drinking my bcaa :D

Joshua Naterman
Razz said:
I love your patient approach to training and sometimes I wish I could do the same :P

Don't worry, a few more injuries and you won't want to rush through rehab anymore either hahaha!

Razz

Yeah ill learn with time I guess :lol: No i'm really trying to make as much progress as i can right now without hurting myself, lots of re/prehab compared to before my injury! No relaxed static shoulder stretching either, just active flexibility or at least 95% active flexibility.

Razz

Todays training

6 april 2010

FL 1 leg extended one tugged to chest

3x5s each leg (30s total)

4 rounds of

4 FL pull full lay (slow but still no pause in FL)

4 Bulgarian pullups

Back lever

4x10s straddle+10lbs at hips. PR (first time weighted)

Full lay attempts.. got some 5s holds, some prettier than others PR

managed to do 1 full lay back pull aswell! PR

Some manna work

Manna work feels hopeless but I'm gonna keep doing it and just hope for slow improvement since it's not a main focus atm. For the back lever I knew I was strong enough! Just need to learn how to use the force (haha) in that position. Same feeling I have with cross, although I may still actually need some strength there aswell!

Razz

Video from yesterdays planche training and playing. Remember that I COMPLETELY smashed my shoulders in a weights BB style workout the day before, and that this was after my IC training. Think if I'm fresh I'll have a decent straddle PL for 2-3s at least.

wwOWwcDhk-U

Gregor

great. Are you pressing down rings at the stradle ring planche?

Razz

To be honest I can't remember and I have no clue what I was doing :P Just remember that having the straps all the way at elbows felt very weird and I decided it wasn't a good way to practice.

Razz

This morning 30 mins HS work

later i JUST got to start training then got interrupted and didn't get to train.

btw BCAA with double dutch chocolate fudge taste or whatever that taste from trueprotein is called is amazing! in milk that is.

Joshua Naterman

Nice! Chocolate is always the safe way to go in my book.

Razz

Yeah haha, was just afraid that nasty BCAA powder would be weird in milk, and i dont like chocolate in water, but nope it's perfect in milk :D

Joshua Naterman

kick ass! I'm glad you're pleased!

Razz

8 april 2010

rest. felt sick after school and fell asleep for 2 hours. had shoulder pains and weird DOMS coming out of nowhere during the day (another sign of sickness) so didn't train.

Razz

9 april 2010

Warm up

HS and paralettes strength

some l-sit straddle press HS, improvement in strength here!

few HSPU in sets of 1-2, i lose balance when it gets hard.

l-sit press to straddle planche. had one 5-7s planche which according to my coach was slightly piked at hips. Also had some 2-3s ones which I believe were perfect form as they were much harder and felt more correct.

rings

worked on my swings alot, then i ripped my entire top part of right palm, some of my left palm, left wrist and other small cuts.

45 mins of rings handstands, getting much better here but still no where near good enough.