This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Seiji

I think I'm going to start doing the WOD's as my exercise, have you ever done this? (I'm not going to read 22 pages to find out lol)

Also, how do you keep changing the name of the thread? o.O

Seiji

Figured it out :P

Razz

Never tried the wod's, they don't really fit my workout style and needs. I'm however certain that the programs coach lays out will give good results for anyone thats just a bit dedicated.

Cole Dano

Hey Razz nice to see the shoulder is back in shape! Enjoy getting back to it and stay healthy!

I'm staring a test of the WOD's for a 6 week cycle as a way of getting familiar after that its though i think you are on to something to come up with your own program.

Razz

Thanks brady :D

haven't been bothered to come up with an actual program yet, but I have some ideas now that i'm going to create a loose program around.

monday:

planche intensity

press handstand work

HSPU work

tumbling and some vault.

tuesday:

iron cross volume

planche volume

front lever intensity

back lever intensity

pulling intensity

manna 5-10 mins of work.

wednesday:

iron cross intensity

front lever volume

back lever volume

pulling volume

manna 5-10 mins of work

thursday:

planche intensity

press handstand work

HSPU work

tumbling

vault

friday:

handstand work

XR handstand work

ring series - Iron cross intensity, front and back lever intensity,

technical rings work.

tumbling

vaulting

saturday:

XR handstand work

manna work

lots of core work

this is a general outline that I'm going to try and stick to, may throw in some core work on some days but depends how pressed i am for time with the high volume days. Feel free to comment and critique.

Razz

Today I warmed up with handstands, press handstands and planche training. Felt a bit weak in the press handstands and planche.

Afterwards did trampoline for a bit, knee was fine. Then went to do tumbling on the airtrack. Was good for my first day tumbling with the use of my hands in ONE year. Can still do front handspring-front layout, backhandsprings continuously. Thats all I got around to, also did one full twisting front layout. Looking forward to thursday where I'm hoping to do: front handspring->flyspring->front layout (maybe with twist) Also hoping for twisting back layouts soon.

Razz

Today's training:

Iron cross volume

6x8-10s assisted iron cross

planche volume

5x8-10 XR tuck planche

1x4-5s XR tuck planche (dead)

Back lever intensity

3x5s straddle back lever

1x3 straight negative back pulls.

front lever intensity.

3x3 straight body front pulls

pulling volume *should have been pulling intensity, oops.

pullups with different grips (neutral, pron, sup, bulg) 5,5,4,5,5,4,4,4. =36 pullups.

rest between pullup sets 30s-1min. only 1 set was actual 1 min rest.

core

XR rollouts 3 sets of ~5 forgot count.

5 bridge wall walks

followed by shoulder stretching.

I really like this type of program where I can choose what i want to do as long as it fits my category (volume or intensity) now I just need to see if it gives results or not. Realized after the workout I should've done manna.....

Razz

No training today, too many extracurricular activities :? I will take today's training on my supposed off day on sunday.

Razz

Today's training

first handstands

then 10 standing straddle press handstands in sets of 2

10x1 handstand lower in pike position to v-sit, press back to straddle stand. on 2 benches.

few HSPU's

5x3 momentary straddle planches. probably 1-2 seconds each.

trampoline:

back layout full twists

front layout 1½ twists

tumbling:

in 20 minutes i worked up to doing front layout-front layout full twist. next time I want a handspring in front and possible make 1½ twist.

Razz

Todays training was AWESOME :D

warm up:

handstands

press handstands (did my first ever l-sit straddle press handstand!!!) felt so easy! hoping for sets of 5 soon!

handstand piruette work

rings:

6-8 series of:

muscle up---l sit---press to shoulderstand--- pushup to handstand (some pike some hollowback presses)---slow reverse muscle up---swing swing swing 1½ back flip.

pommel horse

5 series of:

20 bucket circles

10 mushroom circle attemps

STUPID pommel :P

more rings

partial iron cross pullouts superset with feet on block cross pullouts.

about 5-7 sets of 2-4+2-4 with some static holds.

bunch of manna work self assisted in manna position. 20 mins.

trampoline (while still doing more manna stuff)

some 1½ front twists

managed to do double pike full out in my first attempt

general strength work

5 sets of 5 front pulls straight body (aprox sets and reps cant remember)

some circular front lever pulls straight body

aprox 5 sets of HLL reprange 5-10

may have done more stuff that i can't remember. VERY good training. time for a video if im bothered tomorrow :D

Gregor

GREAT!

Pommel horse is not as easy as it looks :lol:

Joshua Naterman

Nice work Razz! It's been a while since I stopped in on your thread. Good work with the press! I'll be stoked when I get my first HS press of any kind lol! I'm not holding my breath. I did just get my first slow straight bar muscle up! Not even close to Mr. Aguilar's form yet, but one day!!!

Razz
Gregor said:
GREAT!

Pommel horse is not as easy as it looks :lol:

Pommel horse is unbelievable hard haha

slizzardman said:
Nice work Razz! It's been a while since I stopped in on your thread. Good work with the press! I'll be stoked when I get my first HS press of any kind lol! I'm not holding my breath. I did just get my first slow straight bar muscle up! Not even close to Mr. Aguilar's form yet, but one day!!!

Thanks :D and congratulations with your muscle up! just wait one day it will come for sure

Razz

ECS0fsvuuc8

video time :D

errors im aware of:

pulley system, too many to mention

front pulls form is not so good

ring swing is shitty but I can not swing to hard with my shoulder, would still like pointers on this.

arms move backwards in block-cross-pullouts

probably 10000 more

Pointers on anything is appreciated, but pointers on the pulley system would be a waste of 'ink' :P

Gregor

VIDEO COMENTS:

1. Pully system:

- about bent elbows I won't talk about as you already know

- don't be so arched in cross positon and in maltese (if you look your toes it will help to correct body position)

- for the begining I would suggest you to do just a perfect holds for 10-15s duration. Not azarians and preses to malteses, but just basic positions of cross, maltese, planche and inverted. Why? Because you will learn how to hold a position. Or you can do one day a week basic holds with perfect form wich I described it above.

- maltese: make up your mind what kind of maltese do you want (1. arms close to body - like I do; 2. arms wide - Gelder style), choose the one where you feel maltese better and where it looks better and the STICK TO IT.

- put some box near to a pully system, so you can kill the swing with your toes.

- nakayama: at the "bounce" start putting your toes forward

2. Parralets:

- don't lean so much forward at back swings

- stradle press to HS: less lean with shoulders, to quick stradling-wait until your hips are under shoulders

- planche: do a HS hold before you start declining, it's easier

3. Still rings:

- you probably know all about your strength issues, so I won't coment

- wrong camera angle to give you any serious advice, but I'll give a try:

:arrow: head position on a back swing must be neutral (look forward and not down)

:arrow: bent elbows and legs

:arrow: you are not susspended on your shest at the back swing (you are susspending on your lower back- common back injury issues from swings)

:arrow: swing is not guided to the cables and decline must not be with arch back but with nice hollow back

:arrow: double must leave trough straight body and then in the air you can pike (leave like you want to do straight salto)

4. Uneaven bars:

- make sure you have more rest between rings and front levers (probably the reason why the swing is so great)

BOTTOM LINE- GREAT ACHIEVMENT

I hope my advices will help you in further training and I hope I was clear enough (not complicated).

Razz
Gregor said:
VIDEO COMENTS:

1. Pully system:

- about bent elbows I won't talk about as you already know

- don't be so arched in cross positon and in maltese (if you look your toes it will help to correct body position)

- for the begining I would suggest you to do just a perfect holds for 10-15s duration. Not azarians and preses to malteses, but just basic positions of cross, maltese, planche and inverted. Why? Because you will learn how to hold a position. Or you can do one day a week basic holds with perfect form wich I described it above.

- maltese: make up your mind what kind of maltese do you want (1. arms close to body - like I do; 2. arms wide - Gelder style), choose the one where you feel maltese better and where it looks better and the STICK TO IT.

- put some box near to a pully system, so you can kill the swing with your toes.

- nakayama: at the "bounce" start putting your toes forward

Thanks alot, I probably won't be using the pulley system again since i broke it 2/2 times that I used it :lol: too heavy for it :P

2. Parralets:

- don't lean so much forward at back swings

- stradle press to HS: less lean with shoulders, to quick stradling-wait until your hips are under shoulders

- planche: do a HS hold before you start declining, it's easier

it's not supposed to be a planche, i just lost balance and sorta planched it down because i didnt go all the way to HS in my press. :oops:

3. Still rings:

- you probably know all about your strength issues, so I won't coment

- wrong camera angle to give you any serious advice, but I'll give a try:

:arrow: head position on a back swing must be neutral (look forward and not down)

:arrow: bent elbows and legs

:arrow: you are not susspended on your shest at the back swing (you are susspending on your lower back- common back injury issues from swings)

:arrow: swing is not guided to the cables and decline must not be with arch back but with nice hollow back

:arrow: double must leave trough straight body and then in the air you can pike (leave like you want to do straight salto)

Thanks I'll work on this for now and get someone to film me from a proper angle.

4. Uneaven bars:

- make sure you have more rest between rings and front levers (probably the reason why the swing is so great)

BOTTOM LINE- GREAT ACHIEVMENT

I hope my advices will help you in further training and I hope I was clear enough (not complicated).

Everything was clear and thanks A LOT for helping! probably will post another video in a month or so with progress :D

Gregor

Can't wait :D

Søren

Great vid, and very impressive considering you've just got rid of your shoulder injury :)

Razz
Søren said:
Great vid, and very impressive considering you've just got rid of your shoulder injury :)

Thanks :D Looking forward to that beer you owe me :mrgreen:

Søren

I hope so, because i've got three boxes of sort slots classic which i cant get rid of :mrgreen: argh just kidding, guess those doesnt count as beer hehe :lol:

Razz

NOO :P cold carlsberg sounds much better :lol:

Razz

todays workout

iron cross intensity

5x5s block iron cross. feet aprox 17 cm from heel and my leg is 1m exactly from heel to back when in an L. oversimplified this means that i did 5x5s iron cross at 83% from full.. just a thought i had :lol:

front and back lever volume

6x (10s adv tuck front lever + 10s adv tuck back lever)

pulling volume and manna

5x (5 close grip chinups + wall assisted manna) ran out of time, was going to do somewhere between 8 and 10 sets here....

Razz

Front delts were fried at training today and they got even more fried.. definately strictly rear delt, bi and back only tomorrow which means no iron cross. Need to be ready for next thursday training.

todays training

handstands warmup lots of HS press exercises.

10 HSPU's on edge of springboard with squeeze against coach at 90deg on last rep.

7 HSPU rest pause 3 HSPU same as above.

straddle planche here i had one good hold prob 2-3s

more press hs work. almost managed a candle roll forward to straddle l press.. was soo close one time.

tumbling worked backwards today. Having a bit of trouble going straight in my backwards tumbling and trampoline..something that came after the operation. Anyways today was first time in a year i was doing round off backflick combinations and ended up doing some perfect layouts and some not-so-perfect half twists so it's accepted :D

Razz

tuesday

march 9 2010

30 min manna work, good improvement already

march 10 2010

REST

march 11 2010

- warmup

- one arm handstand work, one arm on a surface raise 40-50cm and other arm on floor. 20-30 min work with almost no breaks just switch left-right all the time.

- more handstand work

-bit of tumbling, but the girls in this club are so unserious so they just stand and talk so too much waiting in line

- more handstand, HSPU and press handstand work

now eating my meal 1 hour after my pwo shake.. 500g of minced beef with lots of olive oil :mrgreen:

Razz

Today's training was no less than amazing :D

12 march 2010

warmup

arm circles

wrist series

forward rolls to handstand

handstands on parallettes

handstand conditioning

-5x1 l-sit straddle press to handstand lower to l sit. *one time i lost balance at the top. few times i press back to straddle stand after i lowered to l-sit.

-4-5x 3-5s straddle planche. don't know what the hell happened here but last weeks rest from front delt work made wonders!!! wow. Each set was followed by 5s of jumping around and screaming because of front delt cramps.

Rings

-warmup with 2 sets of muscle ups.

-5 series of: muscle up-->l-sit-->bent arm pike press handstand-->negative reverse muscle up-->swing swing swing 1½ back semi. *Ring swing was better, felt better lifting of chest and not lower back on back swings.

- cross pullouts from standing: 5,3,3. The sets of 3 were from 10cm lower than the ones in the video last time, good improvement.

-block cross 3x10s

tumbling on "tramboline track" long track that looks like trampoline with springs in each side, bit bouncier than the normal spring floor.

did some front saltos for technique

worked on double front from running and managed to land my first try. did about 10 more.

circles

5x10-15 bucket circles followed by circle attempts on mushroom. Finally started getting it and progressed into consistent 1½ circles, very soon i will be doing more for sure.

After this i was supposed to coach for 1 hour but there wasn't alot of kids so my coach didnt need help. 1 more hour of work for me where i did some front levers, HLL, manna work, more circle work, more double front work, some body levers and reverse hypers.