This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

Yeah that's also the reason I didn't want to spend too much money on it. We'll see hopefully the extra fishoil for a week will help, if not then I'm gonna have to do something cause my joint crackings have been really intense and loud lately and sometimes even with slight pain.

1 feb 2010

Wall handstand

30s

1 min

1 min

1 min

wrist handstand

20s

20s

20s

straddle front lever pulls

5 some shoulder discomfort so stopped here.

HLL

5

4

3

Manna

5x 10s MSH

also some stretching of shoulder and ofcourse my pre/rehab for all upper body joints. Need to start working more back flexibility aka bridge wall walks and bridge walking.

Joshua Naterman

Your handstands are amazing! I mean, I haven't seen them, but doing handstands on a straight bar is pretty awesome. Far beyond what I am capable of anytime in the near future!

Emil Brannmark

From what I've seen there is pretty solid scientific evidence for supplementing with : 1) Protein of some sort (including BCAA) 2) Creatine 3)Fish oil and 4) Vitamin D (although if you're in Qatar and getting out a little not sure about this for you specifically. In Denmark sure)

Most other things the science seems sketchy at best. I mean it could work but who knows really. Could be bad as well. So I would go with the fish oil and maybe upping calories from non-carb sources for your joints. That and maybe reducing workload for a while.

Razz

Yeah you forgot to add beta alanine to your list :D It is true I haven't felt any huge difference with vitamin D but I started it around the time when I started working harder so it is hard to say what impact it had, however I'm sure I dont get out for 20 minutes without clothes every day. Funny how 2 days ago i upped fishoil to 20 grams and today the cracking has been much less, may be a coincidence though.

Razz

2 feb 2010

Planche

5 x tuck x 10s

the cramps on the 5th set were so bad that I decided to stop, rlly intense cramps.

Manna MSH superset with l-pullups supinated.

10s-->10

10s-->6

10s-->5

short but good workout. Was VERY tired before starting but had to do something so I kept it short and simple. Tomorrow is rest day which is needed alot. Started taking videos of my exercises so I can compile a progress video every one month or so.

Jeffrey

Why dont you buy your supps online? For me its way cheaper than buying it in a store.

I'm with Emil on the glucosamine. Not much evidence which backs it up though it depends what you shoulder problem is. If I remeber it correctly it was shoulder instability? If so glucosamine isnt going to help you. You need to take on the main problem not the secundaire problems which are a result of the instability.

Razz

Well I'm in qatar so the shipping to here is pretty insane. I did however buy BCAA, vit d, and beta alanine online. Fishoil I have my family bring from Denmark when they visit here. I'm not taking the glucosamine for instability, my shoulder is fine now. The reason I would take it is for my joints clicking and making noises every single time I move. I disturb my classes in school with my cracking joints, no joke.

Razz

Spend my off day measuring my arms.. here we go :mrgreen:

arms:

12 dec 2009. right: 34cm, left 34,5cm.

23 jan 2010. right: 35,5cm left 35,1-2 cm.

3 feb 2010. right: 36,2-3cm left 36cm

i dont know what the heck is happening but this growth is insane :twisted: :twisted: unfortunately i'm scared it won't continue for too long.

Søren

that's a very nice progress :) are you measuring the same time of the day every time? I usually do it in the mornin when i'm low on carbs hoping that it will make the difference is as small as possible if you get what I mean. But no matter what 2+ cm in less than 2 months is VERY nice. keep up the good work :)

Razz

never thought of that with the carbs, maybe i should start measuring in the morning.

Søren

hmm, just tried to measure my arms in the morning and then later the same day once, and surprisingly they had grown a little, so i guess its because of the carbs but not sure... or maybe i'm just a retard at measuring my arms :mrgreen:

Razz

Yeah i was thinking probably I'm retarded at measuring my arms.. but each time i measure they grow so if the trend keeps going up and the difference is never smaller then it means they are growing. 40cm by end of summer is my goal! :P

Søren

Yeah, with that progress you've had until now 40 cm shouldn't be impossible for the summer, even though you probably wont be able to keep the growth as good as until now.. good luck, hope you are able to keep the damages away for good :)

Razz

Yeah it's sad but most likely true that my arms won't keep growing like this :lol: and thanks ill do my best to hit 40 by summer, especially after our dr doom project :twisted:

Søren

that will be great, and should give at least 1-1,5 cm i guess if done correctly.. so ill just hope that my present elbow problem isnt too serious and that its just caused by my medicine cure, which i hope that my doctor will tell me that is over by next week :P In addition i've just started taking fish oil in small doses again, and ordered some glucosamine/msm/chondroitine, and some celadrin, so i really hope it will do, placebo or not :)

Gregor

If you measure after workout, circumference can be 2+ centimeters higher then before workout.

Jeffrey
Razz said:
Well I'm in qatar so the shipping to here is pretty insane. I did however buy BCAA, vit d, and beta alanine online. Fishoil I have my family bring from Denmark when they visit here. I'm not taking the glucosamine for instability, my shoulder is fine now. The reason I would take it is for my joints clicking and making noises every single time I move. I disturb my classes in school with my cracking joints, no joke.

Hmm didnt knew that. To bad I save arounbd 10 tot 20 euro's by bying supplements online.

Its normal for joints to pop though. It is mainly from cartilage rubbing in the joint, sometimes it is from not having enough synovial fluid in the joint, sometimes it is from too much tension in the ligaments of the joint or excessive loading at the joint. If it dont hurts its fine but in your case it might be different because the clicking is abnormal. This could indicate an imbalance bacause of maltraction.

Razz
Gregor said:
If you measure after workout, circumference can be 2+ centimeters higher then before workout.

All the measurings have been done on an off day with no workouts or before I did any work. so that shouldn't be an error.

Razz

Today I had my second training of the year. started out with warmup and lots of handstands, then did about 20 straddle press handstands with an avg of 30s (guesstimate) rest in between. Then did some straddle planche work, had some good momentary straddle planches..maybe some 1s ones. Then pommel horse for 1 hour (I never train this so i suck) managed to get one circle down but the mushroom was so small and I'm sure tomorrow when I have access to a bigger mushroom I can do more.

Razz

Picture from last weekend:

136wt.jpg

no comments on the form :P

Razz

Todays training

warmup inclusive press handstands and planche

10x10 bucket circles 10s rest between sets.

more bucket circles

5x10 bouncing in planche and inverted planche

rings pulley system:

lots of routines with: muscle up to cross(about 5s hold here), press to planche (planche is not 100% vertical, need to do straddle), back to iron cross(about 10s hold here)

lots of iron cross holds for 10-20s

some maltese holds for 5-10s

2x azarian (first time ever im on pulley system but this skill felt very easy)

stretching.

Todays training was with a former olympic medalist, WOW it makes a great difference to have a coach like this. Hopefully he will come in more. There are lots of ex-olympic caliber coaches in different sports here in Qatar because there is so much money involved in sports in qatar compared to everywhere else (qatar is very rich country and they pay lots to attract people and they have big focus on sports.)

Joshua Naterman

Nice pic!

Razz

Thanks :D

Razz

6 feb 2010

wanted to work but every upper body joint (read shoulders wrists and elbows) was sore from the training the day before. Did 20 minutes of stretching and pre hab instead

7 feb 2010

today I felt cold and tired all day and still had sore joints so decided to work easy but ended up being a good workout

XR support

5x~20s

front lever

6x10s adv tuck

- felt my weak link here was abdominals and not lats/shoulder power.

played around with some iron cross setups but decided it was a no-no

XR strap handstand

10x10-15s

half of the sets was with feet inside straps and half with feet around straps

manna

5x10s MSH some sets superset with reverse planche lean for tricep

Razz

7 feb 2010

workout #2

10 sets of bicep curls rep range 6-10