This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

24 jan 2010

workout 1 11:30

benchpress

10x60kg

10x70kg

8x70kg lost concentration so not sure if it was muscular failure or just the concentration.

4x80kg

pullups UH superset with dips

10-->10

6 in L-->6 stopped because of a bit of discomfort in shoulder during deep dips.

DB preacher curls superset with tricep pushdown

dropset with 25/20/15lbs--> dropset with 3 drops

dropset with 30/25/20/15/10/6lbs--> dropset with 3 drops

a few normal sets-->few normal sets

oh lord that long dropset killed me..

workout 2 18.30 :

"6 rev fly"

3x10 each position @ 18lbs PR

Abducted external rotation

3x10 @ 18lbs

abducted internal rotation

3x10 @ 38 lbs

Cable lateral raise [x210]

3x10x30 lbs PR

Cable curl 21's

3x(7,7,7) @ 42lbs missed a few reps here and there

notes: 2x curls in one day..poor biceps thats all im saying

Razz

25 jan 2010

planche on parallettes (hands sideways)

tuck x 10s

tuck x 10s

tuck x 10s

planche on parallettes turned out 45 deg (fingers poiting back 45 deg)

tuck x 10s

tuck x 10s this was harder but still surprisingly strong.

back lever

tuck x 10s

tuck x 10s

front lever

tuck x 10s

2 x (front lever tuck 10s pull to tuck back lever pull back to front lever tuck 10s pull to back lever)

Front lever felt very strong, felt like I could do full front lever.. very good connection to my lats. Tried body levers but these still aggravate my very small discomfort in my armpit so none of those yet. Shoulder is a bit sore so if it is still sore tomorrow, then tomorrow is a rest day. Today my arms were in pain, not usual DOMS just pure pain. pure little biceps better keep on growing :P

Razz

weight update:

14 jan: 68.2kg

18 jan 68.8kg

26 jan 69.4kg

pretty steady increase.. definately not getting heavier than 75kg before i start 'cutting' so to say. Just need the extra food for starting out training and then I can cut back a bit again. Planning on some cardio aswell once my god damn knee heals

Jeffrey

Great progression there Razz. Do you follow a strickt eating schedual?

Razz

I usually eat quite healthy and try to get as many fats and proteins as possible and with heavy supplementing aswell. On a bad day I eat one unhealthy thing ( one cookie or one small piece of cake etc.) for example today i had a cup of hot chocolate...

Jeffrey

Youre bulking and choclat milk is by far the best supplement on the market to get bulked up with over 900 calories per l. So your doing a good job :D

I just ate about 300gr sugar coated peanuts which is quite bad :( . Need to get myself some structure in the nutrition department. After my exams it will be the first thing I will change.

Razz

haha yeah well im totally off milk products for as much as i have control over myself. today was first time in aaages i drank a milk based drink. An example of a good day which most days generally are is something like this:

breakfast

5g fish oil

10k IU vit D

multivitamin

protein shake with olive oil OR bread with peanut butter (wish I could get organic peanut butter here but i cant)

2 hours later

meat with potatoes... sometimes only meat

2 hours later

meat with potatoes..sometimes a banana aswell

2 hours later

bread with peanut butter OR 1 can of tuna with olive oil OR 2 eggs

pre workout

10-15g BCAA

400ml orange juice

post workout

20g whey prot

5g creatine

5g beta alanine

1-2 bananas

dinner whatever mom serves.. if theres not enough protein i go and eat eggs or tuna afterwards.

2 hours later

whatever i can find of protein rich food in the fridge

before bed

2 eggs

5g fishoil

handful nuts

during the whole day i also eat cashew nuts between all the meals. Peanut butter is not the best but at least theres no trans fat acids, still I wish they sold organic here.

Razz

Ok so I talked with the doctor the other day and he said I was a success story and I can pretty much do whatever I want now as long as I'm careful in the extreme positions.

27 jan 2010

workout 1 14:00-15:30

muscle ups semi wide

3x4

planche paralletes turned out

5x10s

some tuck front lever pull ups

some tuck front and back lever sequences

some tuck front lever :arrow: muscle up (never tried before but I can do it :D )

pike press handstand at wall, on parallettes for a bit of extra ROM

4x3-4

Today's workout was with a friend so we tried some different stuff. My friend could muscle up the first time he tried and this is his second time ever on rings. First time was about a year ago so guess that doesn't really count. pretty beastly.

workout 2: 18:10

6 rev fly

3x10 each position @ 18 lbs

abducted external rotation

2x10 @ 18lbs

abducted internal rotation

2x10 @ 38lbs

cable lateral raise [x210]

2x10 @ 30lbs PR

10 @ 26lbs

cable curl 21's

3 sets....

2x

Jeffrey

Get the guy into gymnastics asap :D

Solid work there Razz!

Razz

Yeah well he is a bboy and does gymnastics conditioning and he would never go into gymnastics :P and thanks :D

Going to design a workout plan now that I had my last physio session today and I'm basically free. Thinking of 6x week training with push/pull alternating but there is the issue about gymnastics in the gym aswell so it will probably be something like this for a start:

(week is sunday-thursday here)

sunday: pulling work

monday: gymnastics (lots of handstand conditioning,FX, pommel for fun?)

tuesday: pulling

wednesday: off

thursday: gymnastics (lots of handstand conditioning,FX, pommel for fun?)

friday: gymnastics (SR, FX, VT, and then sometimes occasional highbar and pommel)

saturday: pull/push/ring series wtv.

Gregor

Great to hear about your shoulder :D

Razz

Thanks :D Been a while waiting and I still have to control myself but thank god I can start doing stuff again :D

Gregor

Have you ever tried glucosamin?

Razz

Yeah I had some glucosamine/msm/chondroitin a while ago, it is hard to say whether it helped or not because i took it in a period of injury with my shoulder and then i went to denmark and when i came back to qatar i took the rest of the bottle while i was rehabbing. All the doctors were amazed by my fast recovery in the first few weeks though so maybe that could have been a reason. Going to buy some in a few days though because supplements are 20% the first week of every month here so i need to buy new protein, creatine and then glucosamine.

Do you have any experience with it?

Gregor

Yes, I'm supplementing it now and I think I can feel it's good effects. My shoulders seems to be more "greased" and feel less clicking.

Razz

Sweet I'm looking forward to that, my shoulders crack like a motherfu.... at the moment!

todays workout

29 jan 2010

partial cross pullouts (support to 45deg support and back)

2x5

muscle up

3 or 4 can't remember. decided i was out of energy for this exercise.

3 rounds of

3-4 pike press against wall

3-5 partial (10-20deg above horizontal) ring flyes (from feet now)

8-12 XR bulgarian pushups.

some tuck front lever supsetted with close grip l pull ups and normal l pullups.

notes: LEFT shoulder felt very loose and almost like popping during front lever pullups. need more rotator cuff work for sure, dont want that one to tear aswell. Think I naturally have loose shoulders.. Think XR handstands and rotator cuff work will keep it solid though.. and some more flexibility so it wont have to turn and pop out of the socket for certain exercises.

Razz

29 jan 2010

FIRST TRAINING WITH SHOULDER

did loads of parallel bar swings to handstand.. never tried those before but i could do them after a few tries which was nice. Then some kips to handstand on high bar and then some rings muscle ups and handstands. Then some handstand piruette and single bar balance work. my piruette work is ridicously bad. Today my left shoulder has been hurting a bit.. funny how the injured one is perfectly fine now. Going to start manna work tomorrow. need to make a kind of a program with room for variety.

Razz

todays messy but good training.

31 jan 2010

5 minutes of handstand drills

muscle up

3

4

3

3 rounds of

20s XR handstand

2 ring flyes (3rd round was 5 but from knees)

10-12 XR bulgarian pushup

3 rounds of

10s front lever pull to 10s back lever pull to 5s front lever pull to 5s back lever. all done in tuck position.

front lever pullups

tuck x 5

tuck x 6

tuck x 4

manna MSH

2x10s

4 pike press against wall + 1 HSPU

rotator cuff work.

did some other random stuff in between aswell but nothing to mention. Good training. expecting to do some arm curls later tonight :mrgreen:

Razz

todays training #2

31 jan 2010

3x

hammer curl dropsets with 2 drops SS with tricep pushdown dropsets with 3 drops

5 min crosstrainer.

felt some strain in right elbow when i did my first normal curl so i changed to hammer curl and voila: no problem. Think the strain was because of todays back levers. Going to up fish oil to 20g/day for a week and then tomorrow im buying new protein and some chondroitin/msm/glucosamine. Think I'm buying weightgainer instead of whey prot depending on the price.. dont wanna pay too much for carbs. Took some videos from todays training but doubt I will upload them. Will however upload some pictures one of these days.

Gregor

Buy whey and carbs and mix it to get gainer. It is cheaper.

Emil Brannmark

Vn workouts. Where were you at before your injury?

Jeffrey

Weight gainers are a waste of money Razz. Get yourself some protein and try to add some solid food for the extra calories.

Razz

Thanks guys, ill see to buy protein and carbs seperate or just buy only protein.

emil: Before I was a 3s straddle planche, full front lever 3s, straddle back lever 10s. Rings handstand could do freestanding for 10s or so on average.

Razz

Bit disappointed back from the supplement store but that's how it is here. Protein was much more expensive than I remembered it to be and gainer was too expensive considering what i'd get out of it. Chondroitin was also too expensive so none of that. Only bought protein and creatine. When I run out of my current creatine (which i will do soon) I'm going to take 2 weeks without it before I start the box i bought today and i will then try to use a loading phase to see how that works, because I only tried not using a loading phase. Didn't make it to gym today so ring training at home which i will post later.

Emil Brannmark

I think you're probably better off skipping the chondroitin and glucosamine. Not much science to show any effect beyond placebo, and your placebo is probably maximized already :)