This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

22 dec 2009

Scap stability "6 rev fly"

10 each position @ 18lbs

10 each position @ 14 lbs

10 each position @ 14 lbs

abducted external rotation

3x10 @ 18 lbs

abducted internal rotation

3x10 @ 34 lbs

Cable lateral raise [x210]

3x10 @ 26lbs improvement

cable curl 21's

7,7,7 @ 42lbs

7,7,7 @ 42lbs

7,7,7 @ 38lbs buuurn...

XR bulgarian dip feet on floor

3x8

XR bulgarian pullup feet on floor

3x7

XR support position (feet on floor)

3x near max

XR pushup

3x10

"jackknives"

3x15 improvement

notes: cable machine felt weird today, felt like the weight wasn't distributed evenly in each cable. Nice with improvements every workout, this was my last physio session before Denmark so i'm on my own the next 2 weeks time.

Razz

Not typing my workouts from over break but I will share this story:

Over break I have been travelling, consuming ridicoulous amounts of alcohol daily, and eating only mediocre food. One day I went to work out at a friends house and I did bench press for the first time since the operation, (yes I did bench once before but did barely get any weight on the bar due to some pain) it was completely pain free. I then went on a heavy set and did 7*70kg which is in no means impressive BUT it is only one rep from my former PR 8*70kg and I probably could have squeezed out one more on the 7 reps but didn't want to risk my shoulder. Interesting story if you ask me, seeing as I am not even fully rehabbed yet and my strength is already this good! :D Also did some wall handstands and found out I still can feel the balance perfectly, so in a few weeks ill be walking on my hands again for sure :D

Seiji

lol.

Joshua Naterman

Yay! All the rest probably did you some good :) I hope things keep improving!

Razz

Thanks :D

ok time for an update: Had two workouts yesterday, one lower body and one upper body. Bad thing is I dont really remember the exact workout so here's the approximate.

4 jan 2010

Workout 1:

2 rounds of:

10 jumps onto box

10 lunge jumps with one leg on box

Ab circuit with 50lb dumbell

jump rope 20 minutes

stretching 15 minutes

workout 2:

Scapula stabilization 2 sets

internal+ external shoulder rotation 2 sets each.

XR bulgarian pushups

3x10 slow descent, explosive ascent

XR bulgarian pullup, feet on floor

3x10

XR dip

2x4

XR bulgarian dip

3x10ish

XR row

3x10

wall handstand

3x ~15s

wrist pushups

2x10

took 30 mins including warmup and prehab.

notes: Felt really sick in workout 1, think it's because of my winter break which hasn't been easy on me. Then I went home to sleep 3 hours and I woke up feeling pretty good so decided to workout upper body at home.

The second workout was much harder than it looks on paper, had 30s rest breaks and I guess I'm still weak in other ROM's than the bench press. I also started on vitamin D 5000 IU/day and I'm taking 12.5-15g BCAA pre workout along with one banana. Should have listened to Gregor and bought BCAA with taste, HOLY SHIT it tastes bad!!!! If anyone have a good healthy way to consume something with crap taste please let me know :P

also tried body levers but decided it was too tough on my shoulder.

Joshua Naterman

Drink fast! :lol:

Once I had this bottle of creatine ethyl ester powder, and let me tell you it is the worst thing ever. It tastes like concentrated skunk spray plus bleach plus pine sol! It was incredibly bad. My friend says it's even worse than some asthma medicine he used to take. I guess you could try mixing it with juice, probably grape juice since it has a strong flavor, or cranberry. Good luck!

Razz

I'd rather chug a bottle of vodka straight than the amino acids, taste wise at least :P But yeah tomorrow I'm gonna try with juice, the problem is it doesn't really dissolve either.. Oh and I take astma medicine, one of them has a bit of taste but nothing really.

Joshua Naterman

I've never had athsma medicine so I don't know much about how it tastes, but I am known for being able to eat almost anything. The ethyl ester made me gag lol! Sorry you found such a foul mixture :) I'll tell you what though, the old school protein tasted like shit but it worked great! Hopefully this stuff you have does its stuff.

Razz

Yeah if it does its job I'm happy, just wouldn't mind if I didn't have to almost puke it out before each training :P

Razz

took me only 5 minutes to drink 12.5g of powder today. Juice definately helped but its still nasty.

5 jan 2010

5 mins straddle l work :lol:

6 jan 2010

workout 1:

3 rounds of

10 jumps onto box

10 lunge jumps with one leg on box

Single leg hip extension with stability ball

3x10 each leg

ab circuit 50lb dumbell 3 rounds

15 min jump rope

hyperextension

10 straight + 30 lbs with 10s hold in the end, followed by 5 to each side.

20 minutes stretching.. getting pretty flexible

workout 2:

scap stability 6 rev fly

3x10 @ 14lbs

abducted external rotation

3x10 @ 18lbs

abducted internal rotation

3x10 @ 34 lbs

cable lateral raise[x210]

2x10 @ 26lbs set PR

1x10 @ 22lbs

21's cable curl

3x(7,7,7) @ 42lbs

XR bulgarian dip feet on floor

10

8

8

XR bulgarian pullup feet on floor

3x10

XR bulgarian pushup

3x10

wall handstand

5 sets of god knows how many (or few) seconds

Gregor

How do you feel BCAA? Does your tiredness come later?

Razz

After the workout 3 days ago I was still quite sore, but that makes sense since I had had a 4-5 day break before that workout. Yesterdays workout was with exercises that I hadn't been doing all holiday some of them, and still I'm only a little bit sore today so most likely the BCAA helped me out there.

Razz

Went into gym yesterday for the first time in ages. Managed to do forward layout 1½ twist on a springboard on the floor, also lots of full twists and just general leg work aswell..I still wonder how i managed not to puke, I'm really out of shape!

Razz

My abs and legs are more sore than they have been in ages.. yay for gymnastics :D

Razz

HOLY swear word my abs are killing me.. proof of the core strength needed for effective floor work I guess!

for christmas I got

-Stretching Scientifically – thomas kurz

-Science and Practice of Strength Training-2nd Edition

By Vladimir Zatsiorsky, William Kraemer

-Modern trends in strength training – Charles poliquin

-Girth control – alan aragon

Only have Science and practice of Strength training atm, waiting for the others to ship, can only read one at a time anyways..also got the elite strength trainer which ill buy as soon as it is in stock again! i'm so excited :D

tonight (now) gonna do straddle l work.

Razz

Scratch the straddle l's from last night, got caught up on homework.

10 jan 2010

"6 rev fly" just a note that this is done standing with cables.

3x10 each position @ 14lbs

Abducted external rotation

3x10 @ 18lbs

abducted internal rotation

3x10 @ 34 lbs

Cable lateral raise [x210]

2x10 @ 26 lbs

1x10 @ 22 lbs

Cable curl 21's

3x(7,7,7) @ 42lbs increase weight next time

XR bulgarian dips feet on floor

2x10 set PR

1x8? +/- 1

XR bulgarian pullups feet on floor

2x10

8

XR Bulgarian pushups

3x10

Wall handstand

5 sets of not so long..

Notes: Some weird feeling in my armpit lately so i told the physio and he did some tests which were all painfree, we are just watching it to check if it gets better or worse. Today i tried to swallow the BCAA by taking it on a spoon and putting it directly in my mouth and then swallow with juice, the result was it came right back out into a glass where after i ofcourse drank it again. Gonna try to blend it in a really low bcaa-liquid ratio to see if the blending can dissolve it. Played soccer in school today where I hurt my knee so I won't go to gymnastics tomorrow, don't wanna risk anything.

Søren
the result was it came right back out into a glass where after i ofcourse drank it again.

ahh, delicious :mrgreen: Thats the spirit

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA, why the heck didnt you just mix it to begin with?

Razz

Because it doesn't really dissolve it just floats on top of whatever you put it in, so wanted to try a new way :P But blending next time will hopefully work haha

Razz

Blending the BCAA worked better. Still no pleasure though.

12 jan 2009

"6 rev fly" just a note that this is done standing with cables.

3x10 each position @ 14lbs

Abducted external rotation

3x10 @ 18lbs

abducted internal rotation

3x10 @ 34 lbs

Cable lateral raise [x210]

2x10 @ 26 lbs

1x11 @ 22 lbs small set PR

Cable curl 21's

3x(7,7,7) @ 42lbs in the last set i didnt make 7 in the last part of the 3rd set.

XR bulgarian dips feet on floor

3x10 set PR

XR bulgarian pullups feet on floor

2x10

7-8ish

XR Bulgarian pushups

3x10

Wall handstand

3x ~30s

notes: my knee still hurts, I have a feeling its more than just 'the hit' and I'm actually worried.. shoulder is getting better and better though which is good

Razz

10 minutes into my BCAA atm.. almost done with it, training will come in a few hours

Joshua Naterman

What do you mean, you knee hurts? What happened?

Razz

Played soccer and me and a friend were running towards the ball which was in the air, i kicked the ball and he kicked my knee. Felt like it bend the wrong way but I think I'm feeling slight improvement even though I'm still worried about it :evil:

Razz

14 jan 2010

morning weight: 68.2kg

"6 rev fly" just a note that this is done standing with cables.

3x10 each position @ 14lbs

Abducted external rotation

3x10 @ 18lbs

abducted internal rotation

3x10 @ 34 lbs

Cable lateral raise [x210]

3x10 @ 26 lbs set PR, who wouldve thought you could spend 5s grinding up a lateral raise :lol:

Cable curl 21's

3x(7,7,7) @ 42lbs in the last set i didnt make 7 in the last part of the 3rd set.

XR bulgarian dips feet on floor

2x11 set PR

8-10ish

XR bulgarian pullups feet on floor

2x10

8+½+½

XR Bulgarian pushups

2x11

13, this was a 5 second grinder but I think I couldve grinded out another 10s rep but my neck cramped :lol:

Wall handstand

3x ~30s

Joshua Naterman
Razz said:
Played soccer and me and a friend were running towards the ball which was in the air, i kicked the ball and he kicked my knee. Felt like it bend the wrong way but I think I'm feeling slight improvement even though I'm still worried about it :evil:

As long as you didn't feel and/or hear a pop you're ok. Some of the ligaments probably got strained a little, but nothing serious. I had a bad scare last January when I went snowboarding and fell sideways by the lift, almost tore everything in my knee but I caught myself on my fingertips. Took 8 months to be able to do hamstring work without pain. Just take it slow and be smart about working it and you will be ok :)