Yeah that's what has been my own self diagnosis aswell, hopefully it won't take 8 months ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Razz's log, video p. 63
Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views
Change of workout plan. Going to do 3x week the cable stuff which is basically the rotator cuff and scapula stuff plus delts and bi's. then 3x rings workout just by feeling. Will probably be one routine coupled with 2-3 push and 2-3 pull exercises. then also 2-3x week weights workout with light intensity. At the moment I'm doing 3x week cable stuff+rings balls to the wall intensity. I will decrease intensity per workout a little bit now.
If I feel minor pain in my shoulders (through workout) I almost always take a litlle brake with stuff where it hurts (usualy all strength moves or swings). For few days I take care with alot of massage, creams, alot of warming, elastic work and maybe pully work just for muscle tension if it doesn't hurt.
IT'S WORTH IT!!!! For last couple of years I never had a serious injury (max two weeks off and two weeks slowely work on recovery/increasing intesity).
Razz said:Yeah that's what has been my own self diagnosis aswell, hopefully it won't take 8 months
You'll be up and running much sooner, mine was really bad.
Gregor I agree, however I don't feel anything during my workouts and the little weird thing is almost gone. My knee is also getting better and im taking good care of it, still not good though.
Todays workout
17 jan 2010
"6 rev fly"
3x10 each position @ 14lbs
Abducted external rotation
3x10 @ 18lbs
abducted internal rotation
3x10 @ 34 lbs
Cable lateral raise [x210]
3x10 @ 26 lbs
Cable curl 21's
2x(7,7,7) @ 46lbs
medicine ball planche lean (Gregors exercise but with feet on ball) fingers backwards
3x5 +5s hold
18 jan 2010
workout 1 11:30
Lat pulldown
10x58kg
10x58kg
10x52kg
DB seated shoulder press
10x30lbs
10x30lbs
10x30lbs
Bench press
10x60kg
10x60kg
10x60kg
and ready? CURLSSS
standing alt. db hammer curl
10x25lbs each arm
6x25lbs each arm
db preacher curl
10x25lbs
10x25lbs
10x25lbs
10x25lbs
and 5 reps with an EZ bar but dont know how much weight
Tricep pushdown
10x20kg
10x20kg
Workout 2 19:30
1 round of
20s inverted hang
10s XR support
2 rounds of
20s inverted hang
10s XR support
15s wall handstand
10 wrist pushups
5 ring flyes from knees + 5 XR bulgarian pushups
3½ (F) ring flys from knees +5 XR bulgarian pushups
5 ring flyes from knees + 6 XR bulgarian pushups
XR bulgarian rows feet raised
10
10
10
shoulder stretching afterwards
notes: nice with 2 workouts today, gonna up my calories big time with all these workouts. the 2 workouts a day is only this week and next week since I then will be in semester 2 where i dont have room in my schedule for strength and conditioning in school.
todays nutrition
07:00
white bun with peanut butter
10k IU vit D
calcium
11:00
fish
12:45 post WO
fish
banana
15:00
homemade white-ish (but not full of sugar) bread with peanut butter
18:00
lamb
potatoes
vegetables
19:00
12.5g BCAA
½ l orange juice
20:30
20g casein and whey mix (ran out of my whey powder so im taking the caseine which also has some whey)
small piece of cake
5g creatine
21:45
2 eggs
22:00
cashew nuts
notes: ran out of fishoil which i will have back in 2 days. This is probably a bit below an average day, normally I dont have white bread unless its homemade and normally dont eat cake. Going to start my beta alanine now that I'm more and more into 'proper' working out with a higher total volume.
19 jan 2010
"6 rev fly"
3x10 each position @ 14lbs
Abducted external rotation
3x10 @ 18lbs
abducted internal rotation
3x10 @ 38 lbs
Cable lateral raise [x210]
3x10 @ 26 lbs
Cable curl 21's
3x(7,7,7) @ 46lbs mightve missed a few reps in the end
notes: Started beta alanin today and unfortunately I get the side effect of the prickling.. wtv.
Razz said:19 jan 2010"6 rev fly"
3x10 each position @ 14lbs
Abducted external rotation
3x10 @ 18lbs
abducted internal rotation
3x10 @ 38 lbs
Cable lateral raise [x210]
3x10 @ 26 lbs
Cable curl 21's
3x(7,7,7) @ 46lbs mightve missed a few reps in the end
notes: Started beta alanin today and unfortunately I get the side effect of the prickling.. wtv.
That's very common. Almost 60% of users get it, some people even like this feeling. I don't have this efect thou.
Good to see that your strength is coming along so well, and that you have finally started doing handstands again.. Have you tried any free balancing yet?
and ready? CURLSSS
![]()
I did one freebalancing one day when i was drunk at a school dance.. no problems
the ones near the wall are also free balancing as much as possible.
20 jan 2010
Workout 1 12:35
bench press
10x65kg
10x65kg
workout 2 13:35
pulldown shoulder width overhand grip
10x58kg
10x58kg
10x58kg
seated db shoulder press
10x35lbs
10x35lbs
8x35lbs
alt. db hammer curl
10x25lbs each arm
10x25lbs
10x25lbs
seated db preacher curl
10x25lbs
10x25lbs
10x25lbs
tricep pushdown
10x25kg-->10x18kg-->10x11kg
2 more similar dropsets dont remember the reps.
1 set of wrist curls and wrist extension (name?)
bench press again ![]()
10x60kg
10x60kg
workout 3 20.30:
3 rounds of
20s inverted hang
10s XR support
20s handstand
10 wrist pushups
3 rounds of
5 XR bulgarian dips (no support with feet anymore)
10 XR bulgarian rows feet elevated
3 rounds of
5 ring flyes from knees (rounds 2 and 3 failed on 4th or 5th rep)
5 XR bulgarian pushups
5 planche leans
notes: tested bf today got about 14% which is 1% more than last time.. seems plausible but I dont trust the measurements too much becaues we measured 4 places and all went down except on my scapula which went up by 4 mm. Anyhow I'm trying to gain weight. Will edit post later with workout 3. EDIT: after looking myself in the mirror I did get fatter, but also more muscular. Hopefully I can shred some fat next week after I change my current crazy workout schedule.
weight update:
14 jan: 68.2kg
18 jan 68.8kg
21 jan 2010
"6 rev fly"
3x10 each position @ 14lbs this is now so easy I'm confident moving back up to 18lbs
Abducted external rotation
3x10 @ 18lbs
abducted internal rotation
3x10 @ 38 lbs
Cable lateral raise [x210]
10x30 lbs PR
10x26lbs
10x22lbs
Cable curl 21's
3x(7,7,7) @ 42lbs missed a few reps in the last 2 sets.
notes: everytime ive been writing 46 lbs in curls it has been 42....DAMN every muscle in my upper body except lower back and abs are sore as hell.. my arms seem bigger but I don't know if its just a permanent pump from doing curls 4 days in a row and crazy tricep dropsets ![]()
just did 10 sets of 10 reps + 10s static hold seated pike compressions.. ouch my hip flexors
Razz could you eleborate why you are taking that much Vit D? I know there are a lot of peopel with a vit D deficiency but 10k sounds a bit much to me.
Yeah no prob, basically I listened to forum member braindx who wrote this article http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/10/a-closer-look-at-vitamin-d/
So any more questions you should probably try to ask him ![]()
Today was supposed to be rest but when I was coaching little kids i did some handstands and then decided to try a straddle press handstand which i can still do
:D
no pain! These are going to be in my workouts from now. Also talked with my coach that i should start ring handstands again soon
Razz said:Yeah no prob, basically I listened to forum member braindx who wrote this article http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/10/a-closer-look-at-vitamin-d/So any more questions you should probably try to ask him
Thanks! Gonna read it right away.
arms:
12 dec 2009. right: 34cm, left 34,5cm.
23 jan 2010. right: 35,5cm left 35,1-2 cm.
not bad growth taking into consideration my alcoholic winter break and whatever other excuses i could come up with
more curls!!!!
23 jan 2010
3 rounds of
2-4 pike HS leg lifts against wall. ( I could probably make 3 rounds of 5 if my sweaty hands didnt slip on the floor.. need to find solution)
~10s XR l-sit
~10-20s XR support
10 wrist pushups
muscle up
3
2+1 (regrip) could probably make sets of 5 here if my grip didnt slip, gonna go searching for chalk or athletic tape tonight.
3 rounds of
6 pronated pull ups
10s tuck planche
notes: OH YES i feel strong! muscle ups are good, planche was good for the first time aswell, gave some nice delt cramps. Pressed for time but thats alright with a deload-ish workout after last weeks volume. Next week is exams so no crazy volume..can't go around feeling sick all the time.
Great workout Razz! I got some upcoming exams as well next week I'm always glad when its over. Keep up the good work! ![]()
Thanks
Always good when exams are over.. can't wait!
Razz said:arms:12 dec 2009. right: 34cm, left 34,5cm.
23 jan 2010. right: 35,5cm left 35,1-2 cm.
not bad growth taking into consideration my alcoholic winter break and whatever other excuses i could come up with
more curls!!!!
WOW! I got get my curls going again!!
I guess you are a right hand drinker ![]()
HAHA yeah I'm right handed but the big growth I think is due to the injury so the right hand comes back to normal quickly. :roll: