This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Søren

Hey Razz

Are you still using beta alanine, and if so, do you think its working?

btw, got the reply nr. 300 :mrgreen:

Razz

I'm using it and I think I feel less fatigue during workouts and I'm getting stronger all the time. The problem is that I started using it when I started training so I would expect strength to go up quickly anyways with muscle memory. All I know is that my overall diet with supplementation is working very well.

8 feb 2010

2 hour gymnastics training

started with handstands then headstand pushups then back kip to handstand (sort of an explosive headstand pushup variation) then planche training and then 1 hour of circle training which i still suck at. Still haven't passed 1 circle :S my goal is to do 5 at gym this friday. Finished training with handstand piruette training. This is getting better quickly but still not nearly as good as I want it.

Søren

Ok, then it's probably not that easy to conclude anything. Just curious because of the positive mention of it :)

Razz

Yeah I probably can't tell you anything until another 2 months, then ill take 1-2 week break and then start it again. :D

Razz
Razz said:
weight update:

14 jan: 68.2kg

18 jan 68.8kg

26 jan 69.4kg

9 jan 69.6kg

diet has been slacking so no wonder. Been eating less and it's damn hard not to eat cake when your girlfriends mom keep coming up with it.. :( Ill survive I guess :mrgreen: Wouldn't mind be 70kg ripped (not 6% but 8-10) in summer. This is probably not going to happen though.

Razz

Today prehab, yesterday was complete rest. Resting my joints and think I'm overreached, however I wanna try to smash myself the next few days because saturday night I have a friend from Denmark arriving which means I can't work out as much.

Razz

scratch the rest thing.. here comes todays workout

10 feb 2010

front pulls straddle + tuck/adv tuck FL

2+10s

3+10s

2+10s

4adv tuck+10s

l chinups + XR bulgarian rows feet elevated

4+10

5+6-8?

HLL

4

Razz

yesterday

12 feb 2010

handstand training

planche training

hespu's

mushroom circles for ½ hour, getting better hoping to start doing more than 1 next time :mrgreen:

some tumbling drills that didn't involve my knee

notes: the reason im doing all this pommel work is because we don't have either parallel bars or rings on mondays and thursdays and my knees still hurt. going to shoot a video today hopefully, since today i'm in the 'good' gym :D

Razz

Todays training

-handstand work, press handstands

-rings handstand work, had a few 10s freestanding.

-rings pulley system: crosses, planches, malteses, azarians. then the pulley system broke but luckily i was in cross position so nothing happened.

-mushroom circles, average circle quality improved alot + I made some 1½ circles so it's coming.

feet on rubber band bounce to handstand

feet on rubber band bounce in reverse planche position. tried to bounce to manna but didn't work :mrgreen:

front and back kips to l-sit on rings :arrow: l-sit bend arm press handstand :arrow: negative reverse MU.

some front and back lever work on rings, had some good 7s straddle back levers.

notes: overall great improvement :D

Razz

Decided not to upload the videos from yesterdays training because there are many things I can easily perfect next friday training and then upload a better video where I can get more useful critique.

Razz

Today

13 feb 2010

5 rounds of:

5 XR dips RTO descending and bulgarian dip ascending.

4 HLL

XR bulgarian l-pullup

4x4-5 I lack the shoulder strength to pull out of the bottom of the hang, really need to keep focusing on full ROM in pullups.

XR band resisted bulgarian pushup+ FL pulls

3x7-10+3-5 different positions

think thats all i did. not the best workout but the next 2 weeks will be chill since i have a guest from denmark, so hoping for some 'supercompensation' in those 2 weeks.

Razz

Today went to the gym with my friend

did an all time PR of 6x80kg bench on my 3rd set so maybe there is for 7 or 8 reps there. bunch of other stuff nothing worth noting. Also trained the other day and managed 3 free standing HSPU on my ~10th set so there is for many more reps on a good first set (had to feel balance and get proper into it). straddle l press handstand is very close aswell. straddle planche is still momentary but improving.

My right shoulder exploded in growth after I got back into training. Biceps, front, middle and rear delts are much bigger on my right side now, my left side is still as strong or stronger though but its annoying me with the imbalances.

Søren

Very impressive strength gains Razz. But weird about your unequal hypertrophy gains. It will probably equalize sooner or later.

Joshua Naterman

Bodybuilders often take 1-3 months off once a year or so for just this reason. Their growth afterwards, due to nearly total detraining combined with good drugs, has enabled the massive growth some of them achieve. I've never tried it, personally lol!

Jeffrey

We all have some muscular inbalances. Get some unilateral work done aside from that their isnt much you can do.

Joshua Naterman

Over long periods of time it might even out, but it's not something to be concerned over. If nothing else you can make masturbation jokes!

Razz

Thanks for the responses guys. The growth is definately good so I can imagine why bodybuilders would do it. Not going to do any unilateral work just yet, unless the imbalances get even bigger. And believe me there has been quite a few masturbation jokes made already :lol:

Razz

Today's training was very good just posting the highlights:

first i felt very weak and dizzy because i had bad sleep last night and I was in the desert quadbiking and at the beach all day. THEN suddenly everything felt normal or even better.

- rings handstands feel much much better, I can do reverse muscle up negative without straps now.

- full lay back lever 2s, straddle back lever for 10-15s without maxing out.

- lots of ring series with little rest.

- iron cross negatives with no spot, felt the false grip perfect but had a problem with slight bend in left arm but I have a feeling this will go away soon

Razz

Yesterdays training was not so good. Felt very weak but now my friend is back in denmark and this means its time for serious diet and training again. Expecting an iron cross before june aswell as full front lever. My press handstands need lots of work in the future aswell!

Gregor

Be very strick on your straight elbows, YOU DON'T WANT TO LEARN A BAD HABIT :) Trust me, I have some problems with that and it's very very hard to correct it.

Razz

Thanks for the heads up, will definately be :)

Gregor

For spotting, I liked the tehnique where the spoter (when you are in the position of course) let go your legs (or hips, feet if he is holding you there) for a slight of a second and regrasp you. He is doing this a few seconds (3-5s).

With that you are in moments with whole force that you need to hold a cross.

Razz

Thats a very good idea Gregor, need to try that for sure :D my coach did the same for my straddle planche and it is really tough

Razz

Tonight just GPP. tomorrow training starts.

Razz

Todays training

28 feb 2010

first experimented with some IC training and decided the best way is arms trough straps or elastic band.

did about 10 sets of different things here.

3 sets of back lever superset with front lever.

mostly straddle back lever 10s and tuck/adv tuck front lever

FL pulls full lay

3x5

XR half press

3x3

XR handstand superset ring flyes

5x 10s +3-4 reps.

took about 40 mins