This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

Just ordered ZMA that should last like 300 days and multi vitamins that should last for about 2-3 months. Decided Vitamin C and extra magnesium wasn't THAT necessary.. or my wallet decided :lol:

Razz

Today I had DOMS from hell in my triceps and shoulders, so I decided to work on planches :D

1 may 2010

RTO Dips

3x3 these sets were all PR's I think. RTO between 60 and 90 degrees, full ROM :twisted:

2½+concentric bulgarian dip.

Planche leans

5x5 with 5s hold on last rep. Focus on pushing out shoulder blades.

XR straddle planche

-10lbs x 5-7s x 5sets

XR tuck/adv tuck planche

bw x 5-7s x 5 sets

Parallettes turned out tuck planche

bw x 5 x 10s

XR rollouts, one arm one leg, bent arm support with other arm.

5 each side

Bridge wall walks

5

30 shoulder dislocations with elastic and some skin the cat stretching.

Joshua Naterman
XR rollouts, one arm one leg, bent arm support with other arm.

5 each side

What does that mean?!

Razz

Imagine an ab-wheel rollout

then imagine a one arm one leg ab wheel rollout

imagine the above but using the rings

one arm one leg ab wheel roll out (replace wheel by ring) and hold one ring with the hand not rolling out just for balance. Good core exercise

Razz

½ hour soft tissue work this evening

Razz

Including todays workout which I'm in the middle of right now I've had 9 days in a row working out, and one day where I had 2 workouts for a total of 10 workouts in a row :D

Razz

2 may 2010

Iron cross

-10lbs x 10s PR

-10llbs x 10s

-5lbs x 8s PR

-5lbs x 5s

-10lbs x 10s

-10lbs x 10s

-10lbs x 5s

left biceps or brachialis started feeling a bit weird..anyways workout continued, as this is a feeling I've had before and I believe one day break from training that involves biceps, along with massage,stretching,tennisball and ice will fix it. It's not a pain in any way, feels sort of like a triggerpoint discomfort.

Front lever

3 dropsets of ~10s straddle-->10s adv tuck

a few more sets of straddle or adv tuck

Back lever

some sets of ~10s straddle

1 full lay 5s

Think I am squeezing a bit on lats..

XR bulgarian rows feet elevated

10lbsx10 [x311] PR

7 normal tempo

Razz

Today I slept after school and accidentially set my alarm half an hour later than I thought so I was late for training..This training caused a lot of cortisol production in the beginning as Ido would've said it..then it got better and now uni is causing biiiig cortisol production :P

3 may 2010

trainings in a row:11 (something ill keep track of to track work capacity improvements)

feeling overtrained/reached: No

Trampoline

worked back layouts and back flips and some baranis. Worked the sequence: tuck jump, back tuck, pike jump, back pike, back layout

didn't succeed in putting the layout directly, had to put one jump after the back pike.

Tumbletrack

worked back layouts and they clicked today, they were at least above a 95 %perfect! Going to start working double backs now. Also had some good fulltwists today, but the twists were slow. If I keep the layouts as they were today and improve my twist speed there should be for a double.

Razz

currently it looks like University of Nebraska Lincoln is the first choice in the states.. looking forward to this

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&KEY=&ATCLID=1552880&SPID=41&SPSID=107628 if I go there :D Especially "The Landing" and the competition fueling one.. and yes the people in the vids doesn't really seem to have a clue but I'm guessing the nutritionists do :mrgreen:

did about 30 mins of soft tissue work this evening.. tomorrow I have my AP statistics exam which starts at 12 so I'm expecting to fit a workout in before and one later in the day..oh yeah :D

Razz

Trainings in a row:12

overtrained:don't think so

bailed on my morning workout to get more sleep :oops:

shoulder, scapula and wrist drills..

RTO dips Love this exercise!

3

3

3 +10s support

3+ 10s support Set PR

3+ 10s support Set PR

Planche leans with 5s hold on last rep

4..FUCKING LITTTLE BROTHER CAME IN AND FUCKED THIS SET UP GRRRRRRR :evil:

4x5

XR straddle planche

2 x -10lbs x 5-7s think the system supported unevenly.. it felt weird at least and i kept swinging sideways

1x straddle planche attempt

1x balls to the walls dropset with rest pause and more of that cool stuff

30 band dislocates

internal rotator stretch

10 wrist pushups

clock hit 00:00 which means it's bedtime. Had so much stress today that there was no time to workout until late, but I'm cutting it off at midnight. Waking up at 8 tomorrow, school starts 9.35 so I can make a core+manna workout in the morning and an IC and lever workout after school.

Razz

Bailed on the morning workout again.. need a proper sleep schedule before I can get up for morning workouts

5 may 2010

In todays workout I didn't do more than just a few sets of crosses before that weird feeling came again. Stopped workout and decided I'm taking saturday and sunday off. Can't take thursday and friday off as they're practice sessions in the gym. Wanted to do more shoulder prep but the stretch from the dislocations seem to bother it aswell so for now just rest.

Joakim Anderson

Nice RTO dip work. I also do sets of three at the moment. Where are you heading with this? Going for more reps per set or integrating them with other movements in the set (I noticed you finish off with support...)?

Razz

I'm using it as a supplemental exercise for planche and now that I did 5x3 I'm going to move up to see how many sets I can get with 4-5 reps, as soon as I can't do 3 reps ill stop that exercise. In the future I may integrate it but right now all ill integrate it with is going to be support or l-sits. Oh and it also helps for my back kip to support on rings.

Razz

6 may 2010

training days in a row: 14 (may 5 was very deloadish)

feeling overtrained: no

muscles: feeling small overuse type of injury in left biceps near armpit.

no strength work this day, just tumbling and trampoline

Trampoline I did double back flips and double pike backflips, never did double pikes before :D

Tumbling I worked on backlayouts and twists. back layouts are good but my twists are onconsistent, I can do ½ anytime but full twist is inconsistent.

Razz

May 7 2010

training days in a row: 15 (may 5 was very deloadish)

feeling overtrained: no

muscles: Today I didn't feel anything at all

Parallettes

some l-sit press HS's

couple of sets of HSPU's made one set of 3 PR

spotted 5 l-sit pike press HS

spotted 2x10 half ROM explosive HSPU

learned a straight arm kip to support on bar PR

learned a kip to support on pbars but couldnt do 100% straight arms PR

5 bar muscle ups PR couldve done 1-2 more I think

Rings

I ripped my hands doing the kips from the bars so swings were limited, tried to tape up my hands but they ripped more..

lots of muscle up->l-sit->bent arm press HS->lower to inverted hang (negative elevator)

I can now lower to a 90deg bent arm inverted hang and pull back to shoulderstand but couldn't do a HSPU afterwards,soon ill do it. PR

probably did more stuff

EDIT: did 5x3 self assisted cross pullouts on short rings and assisted 1x6 rest pause 2 rest pause 2. REALLY close to holding the cross for about 2s on the short rings, just a matter of 10-15 degrees I think but I need to film it. No pain what-so-ever in my left arm so thats perfect :D

did a bit of tumbling

trampoline

made about 7 consistent back layout full twists :D

some forward 1½ twists

did one double front half turn just to see how it felt. felt perfect.

20 mins of rings handstands and l-sits

Razz

8 may 2010

training days in a row: 16 (may 5 was very deloadish)

feeling overtrained: no, but I was sore as hell from yesterday

muscles: feeling good

Today I was pressed for time so I only had time for front lever work, left out back lever and manna.

Front lever

straddle x 5s [bar] filmed this one and it was flat. Easier on bar than rings for sure

Straddle XR FL pulls [1111]

3x5

Lay FL pulls bar

2x5

Notes: Added one more set of external rotation to my warmup. Before I did 12 external rotations in 3 positions now I added one more set with more resistance and about 6 reps in each position. Wanna do cuban presses they seem like a really good exercise.

Razz

9 may 2010

training days in a row: 17 (may 5 was very deloadish)

feeling overtrained: no

muscles: feeling good

XR half press

3x3

XR self assisted elevator to 90deg[cluster]

3x[1+1+1] 20-30s rest between reps

RTO dips

4 PR

2x3 +10s support

XR pseudo planche pushup

3x[8s lean, pushup, 8s lean, pushup, 8s lean]

XR tuck/adv tuck planche to l-sit

5x[15s->10s] this has to be some kind of volume PR

Next time I'm going to do weighted adv tuck planches, I want that rings straddle planche!!

Razz

Jonny Bowden could not ship my multi vitamin to qatar but I did get info from him so I could buy at Emerson Ecologics which I did. Ended up with 240 capsule of twice daily from designs for health. looking forward to seeing benefits from ZMA and multi vitamin, as vitamin supplementation is never something I've done properly.

Razz

10 may 2010

training days in a row: 18, deload days:1

feeling overtrained: no

muscles: feeling good

Another monday in the gym.

Trampoline

layout and double back and double back pike practice

everything was decent except double pikes.. bit the matress once on a bad pike

Tumbling on airtrack

practicedd round off backflick doubleback for the first time ever. Was decent for my first attempts but could've been better. Think I broke my little toe after the 3rd attempt but I'm not bothered to go to the hospital and check.

20 minutes of stretching with ice on toe.. I'm getting really flexible, japana, front split with head touching toe, front split with front leg elevated. I'm angry about my toe so think I'm gonna go upstairs and do a workout.

Razz

10 may 2010

training days in a row: 19 deload trainings: 1, GPP trainings: 1

feeling overtrained: no

injuries:none

went to the compound gym and did a GPP session

DB cuban press[4040]

2x8x10lbs

6x10lbs

WTF :shock: I thought my external rotators were decent after all the band work at physio, but holy cow they need work

DB lying external rotation[2020]

3x6x10lbs each arm of course

3x wrist series:

10 dorsal pushups from knees

10 first knuckle pushups from knees

10 wrist pushups from knees

3 rounds Scap/rear delt

6 lying reverse front raise [1210]

10 behind back shrugs stack#10

10 seated scap retraction stack#7

internal rotation stretch for right shoulder

God I feel sorry for the guys doing 3xweek fullbody trying to get strong

Razz

11 may 2010

training days in a row: 20 deload trainings: 1, GPP trainings: 1

feeling overtrained: no, although I think it is time for a deload saturday and sunday, but I said that last week too :mrgreen:

injuries:none

5x

Iron cross pullouts in straps [11x0]

5s iron cross in straps

3 mins rest

3 iron cross negatives with ~10lbs elastic band

3x

XR l-sit press to 10s tuck PL

rest 3 min

3 sec straddle PL

Planche leans

3x5s parallettes

3x5s rings

3x5s parallettes

3x5s rings

felt improvement in the lean here.

3 pseudo planche pushups in straddle which i thought i filmed but forgot to press the camera button..........

Razz

Felt sick all day and in the end decided to only do joint prep, then I got a bit of energy and did some front levers. Need that deload soon. Today is last day training and then tomorrow is prom which means shitloads of food and booze. Saturday morning breakfast planned with the crew.. should be gooooooooood. Starting workouts again

yesterdays workout

12 may 2010

training days in a row: 21 deload trainings: 1, GPP trainings: 1

feeling overtrained: possibly overreached

injuries:none

DB cuban press[4040]

3 x 10lbs x 8 reps

DB lying external rotation

3 x 10lbs x 6 reps shorter rest breaks than last time

3x wrist series:

10 dorsal pushups from knees, last set from feet

10 first knuckle pushups

10 wrist pushups

think I overdid this, my wrist is sore today.

20 min of front lever work, straddle cranks, straddle front lever holds. Felt strong. even some PR's

Razz

Today was the last training before deload wuhuuuuuu! expecting to do 2 days of absolutely nothing and then test how I feel. Maybe I will take 3 days of but do joint prep on the third day.. or possibly do some joint prep on the 2nd day. Going to cram down every calorie I can the next few days :D

13 may 2010

training days in a row: 22 deload trainings: 1, GPP trainings: 1

feeling overtrained: possibly overreached

injuries:none

basically did 1½ hour of handstands, press handstands, planches and HeSPU

completely dead this training, no strength although there was some improvement in press HS, lowered 3/4 of the way to straddle l and press back up a few times (½ way being straddle stand and full being straddle L). Couldn't endo press though.. :evil:

went on the trampoline and did back drops double full twists to land on my back. first time I managed to do 2 full rounds so thats a PR

after training ice on left wrist which has been bugging me but is getting better.

Razz

No training yesterday

No training today, although I might do some mobility later.

Tomorrow is probably a light all around testing kinda session. Hopefully The days off made me stronger!

Razz

organic 74% cocoa dark chocolate mmh :D

bad diet over weekend but it was regeneration after all... can't wait to train/test strength tomorrow!