This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Razz

HAHA yeah I still crack up once in a while thinking of it..what's worse is that it smelled of fish oil too.. besides that, thank you very much :) I just looked at an old cross video from april and I definately improved so that made me happy :P

Razz

14. july 2010

#1

Front lever

4x15s Finally getting better at retracting scapula.. something I didn't know about until about a month ago. No wonder I got stalled at max 5s straddle front lever.

T=60s -1set

Back lever

6x10s

T=60s +10s

Bulgarian pullups

7

6 with 10s hold

5 with 10s hold

Think I'll increase front lever volume and then try to decrease amount of sets to reach that volume afterwards..thinking 100-120s total. Back Lever I won't go past 60s for now, until I have 3x20s. Then it might be time to start working full lay. Had long rest breaks in todays workout as I was playing football in between sets.

Razz

14 july 2010

#2

3x

5 tuck FL rows

rest 15s

rep-out or long time hold bulgarian row.

2x10x25kg EZ bicep curl. pain in left bicep after second set so called it a day.

Razz

15 july 2010

edited this post because i wrote i was going to do prehab but ended up working out.

Cross - intensity

5*L-cross lower to slightly high 2-4s cross

+1 set

press HS work

5x1 press HS with straps, lower to 10s straddle-l. starting to use straps less on the negative

2x1 Press HS rings parallel only touching straps slightly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay! to me a RTO l-sit press HS is a bigger achievement than iron cross so to know that it might be possible soon is great news!

Planche

2*open tuck*10s

deloadish workout today. Only one workout and not 2 as normal. That's what I like about being used to 2 times daily: If you feel you need a deload just do one workout, that way you won't have bad conscience for not working out.

And by the way here's a smoothie that I can recommend:

400ml organic full cream milk

handfull organic wild nordic blueberrys

1 organic banana

add whey protein as needed

from what I can see should be pretty good PWO and tastes amazing.. carbs, antioxidants, protein if you're not a milk person then that sucks :P

Razz

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean?

Razz

I just lower from inverted hang with my shoulders shrugged and then keep pulling the rings towards my body when I'm lowering. If your upper back is rounded you're not doing it right

Razz

Shit workout today, could barely hold 10s straddle BL, and in FL my fingers were tickeling so I couldn't grip the rings :evil: Comeback tomorrow!

Razz

You probably won't in the beginning, but who knows. It might be harder this way for a start but in the end it's worth it.

Razz

Had 5 days off from training to try and rest my wrist.. got a bit better but not much. starting wrist series before and after training now. New training tactic is more ring strength series, follow some of the WOD's and besides that just go full intensity. Got quite fat and weak lastely and it's time to change it.

today 3x ring strength series

3 sets curls

3 sets external rotation

3 sets body levers

2x wrist series

Razz

24 july

workout #2

1x5 wall assisted PL press HS

bunch of straddle presses

I'm SO close to doing a straddle-l press HS

Razz

25 july

6x10s band assisted straddle front lever

3-5 sets of embedded back levers. Definate improvement in BL strength, so moved on to embedded BLs.

3x10s assisted crosses. just a test.

finished with bicep curls and external rotation

Daniel Jorgensen
Razz said:
11 july 2010

hegcA-B1-xg

Sweet!! Buffness looking good on shoulders and arm - what is your guns measure atm?

And lets hear some of theose roskilde stories?

Regarding your new routine - how many cycles (day 1 and day 2) do you do per week?

Razz

Thanks :)

think right arm is 37.5 and left is 36.5

not bothered to write stories right now but maybe soon :P

I decided I was being too nice to myself and now I'm back to an all-in every day, minimum 6 days a week. most days whenever I find time its 2x per day aswell.

Razz

hmm yesterdays workout was ring flyes, bulgarian pushups, some pullups and fooling around.

today was planche and iron cross. managed a 5 sec XR adv tuck planche, going to include these in the warmup in the future. volume on cross was prob 90s.. finished with 3x5 XR dips and then scapular protraction, reverse curls and external rotation.

going to log consistently and properly from tomorrow. tomorrow is band assisted front levers + back levers + pull work

Razz

26 july

workout #2

Planche

4*adv tuck*10s

~7 press handstand attempts, was too tired.

2 rounds of

5 cuban rotations 7 kg DB

3 7kg front raise protracting scapula

slow reverse curls 15kg

10s MSH (20s in 2nd round)

followed by SMR of upper body and lower body stretching.

in every PM workout from now on I'm going to include low intensity planche and MSH, no matter which day. also in every warmup, no matter which day.

Razz

27 july 2010

noon

front lever

20s adv tuck

4x10-15s band assisted straddle

2x5s band assisted full lay

back lever

3x inv. hang-->german hang-->straddle back pull--> 7s full lay back lever

and some more back lever stuff

BL curls

3x2 feet on chair. preparing for back roll to support, once my wrist is ready to hold a false grip again..

1x6 body levers, getting better.

1x6 lying lateral raise 45deg 7kg

forgot my 5x15s german hang that I was going to do :S

Razz

27 july 2010

evening

7.25km walk with Søren

some pullups, human flag attempts, front and back levers on the way...

Razz

28 july

afternoon

5x8-10s adv tuck planche

1 straddle planche attempt..

press HS attempts..again too tired, will save these for workout #2

2x1min wall HS..some freestanding aswell. goal is 5x1min

1 rounds of:

5 cuban rotations 7kg

20s scapula protraction in planche position 7kg, standing

20 scapula pushups

modified wrist series

10 wall slides

Razz

low carb lately is killing me.. trying to lose the fat I gained in the festival. Wanna get ripped. carb-up day tomorrow..

edit: consumed 25k IU vit D, 1000mg vit C, one multi and a blueberry/banana/full cream milkshake because I was feeling really sick, forgot things, stumbled over a bunch of different things, walked into things, dropped things. Either it's the low carb or I was actually getting sick. Either way I consumed the above in hope of still being able to do a second workout today. And walk about 5km of course. Think Ill screw the low carb and just walk 5+km every day and lose fat like that.

Razz

28 july 2010

evening

~5km walk

3 or 4* standing press HS superset Straddle-l press onto bed

2*1* straddle-l PRESS HS YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

1x6x7kg cuban rotation

Ez curl dropset: 2x45kg+1x42.5kg+1x40kg+?x35kg+?x25kg

shake..beta alanine...creatine..stretching and rehab.. time to sleep. Most likely rest tomorrow. no iron cross today because it rained all day.. want to start working iron cross every day.

Razz

29 july 2010

off day

6.2km walk

joint mobility, SMR and stretching later

Razz

30 july 2010

3x5s straddle planche..not piked anymore

some random HSPU and press HS

shitty rain is preventing me from setting my rings up outside

today was a good and a bad day.. seems like i've broken some plateau in pressing strength with my recent straddle-l press HS and now noticeable better planches. Think it might be the scapula protraction work with DB's that helped. Bad day because Copenhagen university declined me and for that I'm pissed off about the Danish fuckshit system.. I have plenty good grades to make the standard but the chances of getting in with a foreign exam was just ridicoulous.. 11 spots for 250 applicants. What's pissing me off is that the uni and danish government always proclaim that they want people to do some education in foreign countries and now i've done it and i can't get anywhere :S

gotta stop being pissed off online..lulz

Razz

31 july 2010

AM:

4x 2-4s iron cross (got some decent l-crosses actually)

6x10s band assisted front lever superset 10s straddle back lever

3x15s german hang

3 rounds of

20 band pull aparts, overhead

10 band pull aparts

6* 5kg lying external rotation

slow reverse curls 15 kg

10s MSH

Razz

31 july

afternoon:

4 rounds of

30-40m hill sprint

3 SLS each leg

10 explosive step ups

tried jumping SLS but that was impossible after the run.. my leg strength went down a lot lately i think, but no wonder haven't done anything about it. This was suicide, only thing that kept me alive was the thought of the blueberry/raspberry milkshake I made after training. Oh and this was done rocky style shorts and t-shirt in the rain..

Razz

31 july 2010

evening

Wide grip fingertip chins superset body levers

8+5

8+5

8+5

8..no body levers in this round

now gonna do some prehab