This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My Current Focus: HBP/PE2

Started by Nash, February 20, 2015 · 434 Replies · 25,461 Views

Nash
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

You were using your back muscles for the pushup?

Still am, but to a much lesser ratio to other muscles. When you protract retract they hold some weight at the bottom and top positions.

Dani88

i just think to depress and protract at top. keeping strong ppt make scaps go to their natural position at the botton without need to force muscles and wasting energy

Nash
Today: 14r, 13r, 13r, 13r, 13r

 

Total Reps: 66

 

Notes:

 

- The way I setup form now is by placing hands at thumb-length away from shoulders. Then, I,  bring them back an inch or two until I have a semi perpendicular forearm. Keep elbows at 90 degrees throughout the movement.

- Less pausing at the top than last week. About 3 breath max towards the end.

- After the form modification above (about 2 weeks so far) my chest has grown noticeably. Pecs are definitely being used more than before.

Jason Dupree

I noticed something about the elbow flaring recently. If you look on from side view, if the elbows go too far behind the wrists, they want to flare until they are above the wrists - from the side view. Hence the importance of keeping the elbows above the wrists. The chest is more activated too. Nice Nash! I'll need another cycle I think to get 5x15. I got 75 total today but I had to pause way too long for too many times in the last two sets.

Blair Norwood

Nash, thats some serious progress isn't it? I know its been a long time coming but your up on reps now right?

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Nash, you're the man, keep up this good work until now. Stay strong,

 

Cheers

Jon Douglas

Bring it home! :)

Ravn

Getting there!

Nash
Today: 14r, 14r, 13r, 13r, 13r

 

Total Reps: 67

 

Notes:

- Less pauses at the top. It's starting to feel much easier. 

- Will take video of last set next week.

TomParr

So close, 8 more reps!!

wamarler

Haha, that's an awesome way of phrasing it. Nash, can you make it before your thread hits 20 pages?

Alexander Egebak
wamarler said:

Haha, that's an awesome way of phrasing it. Nash, can you make it before your thread hits 20 pages?

That is up for us to decide ;)

Nash
Today: 14r, 14r, 14r, 13r, 12r

 

Total Reps: 67

 

Notes:

- Ahhh was so close on hitting 13 on last one. I just had to rest 0.5 seconds more, but was trying to cut down on rest.

- Included video of last set.

 


korija
Nash said:

 

Today: 14r, 14r, 14r, 13r, 12r
 
Total Reps: 67
 
Notes:
- Ahhh was so close on hitting 13 on last one. I just had to rest 0.5 seconds more, but was trying to cut down on rest.
- Included video of last set.
 

 

awesome!

Nash
Today: 14r, 14r, 14r, 13r, 13r

 

Total Reps: 68

 

Notes:

- Paused about 3 breaths for last rep in last set.

- It felt tough this week. I think mostly because I didn't do any sets since the last workout. I usually work in a few sets before Thur to keep things going. Plus, food coma yesterday.

Nash
Today: 14r, 14r, 14r, 14r, 13r

 

Total Reps: 69  :eek:

 

Notes:

- Paused about 4 breaths for the last 2 reps in last set.

- Last set & reps getting harder. Increased some pausing towards the last few sets to be able to complete them.

dritar

Nice progress. You realize you're only 6 reps away :). Less than half a set !

Nash
dritar said:

Nice progress. You realize you're only 6 reps away :). Less than half a set !

Yessir! Once I hit 75 I still have to iron out the pauses. They're starting to increase towards the end. 

Nash
Today: 14r, 14r, 14r, 14r, 14r

 

Total Reps: 70!

 

Notes:

- Things are starting to get a bit hard on set 3 rep 7. I had to take a couple of breaths at the top to continue.

- Set 4 and 5 had several pauses (2-3 breathes) at the top each after rep 7.

- I'm looking forward to 75 and start eliminating them pauses!

Nash
wamarler said:

Haha, that's an awesome way of phrasing it. Nash, can you make it before your thread hits 20 pages?

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Jason Dupree

Are you still deloading Nash?

Nash
Jason Dupree said:

Are you still deloading Nash?

Not since I've switched F to once a week. My body doesn't feel like it needs deloading like it used to when I was doing F twice a week.

 

 

 

-Nash

Jon Douglas
Nash said:

Not since I've switched F to once a week. My body doesn't feel like it needs deloading like it used to when I was doing F twice a week.

-Nash

Of course physical recovery is very important but I often find deload gives me a mental boost, especially if I struggle to make that jump between 2-3 to 4 reps on the third microcycle. Seems to give me enough distance that I don't stick so hard to the habit of stopping at 3.

That of course may not be necessary for this if what you are doing now is working :)

Alexander Egebak

5 reps to go!

 

Can you make it before the new year?

Nash
Last Sunday I tripped on my foam roller and fell head first into my concrete floor. Almost fully recovered. 

 

Today: 15r, 14r, 14r, 14r, 13r

 

Total Reps: 70

 

Notes:

- Set 3 was easier that last time. Maybe one 2 breath pause.

- Set 4 and 5 had several pauses (2-3 breathes) at the top each after rep 7.

- Went about 75% up on last rep of last set, but should couldn't complete it. Even with 3 breath pause.