Hi!
I'm sharign my attempt of HSPE1>im. Could you please have a look and tell me if is it performed well??
THank you!!
VID_20141125_2012481.mp4
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, November 25, 2014 · 4 Replies · 406 Views
Hi!
I'm sharign my attempt of HSPE1>im. Could you please have a look and tell me if is it performed well??
THank you!!
VID_20141125_2012481.mp4
You're still a good way of yet. If you have anything wider, like a broom handle, try with that and see if that helps you get past 180°.
Also it's necessary to have some weight on the bar, what is it you're currently using?
To make it easier for people to watch it's better to upload to YouTube with privacy settings.
I imagined that this bar I'm using in this video could be too short. But it Weighs about 3 kg , and I can handle it at shoulder width apart, so I thought I could use it to practice. Eventually I could use a wider stick, but the problem is that his weight is too low!Murray Truelove said:You're still a good way of yet. If you have anything wider, like a broom handle, try with that and see if that helps you get past 180°.
Also it's necessary to have some weight on the bar, what is it you're currently using?
To make it easier for people to watch it's better to upload to YouTube with privacy settings.
Anyway, I will try with this stick too and see if I overpass 180 degree. So you mean that once I overpass this angle I can progress to the next step??
Thank you!
3kg is good. You need to be able extends past 180° (see the course video) with your hands a shoulder width apart.
The recommended way to increase your current ROM is to widen your hands until your ROM matches the cost video and over time work on bringing your hands closer together.
Ditto Murray.
Here’s some reading pleasure. Finally got all this together in a permanent copy/paste note. These 3 are worth a full read through:
Keilani Gutierrez, on 02 May 2013 - 8:12 PM, said:
start wide and work your way in, my friend.
this is a movement I was extremely tight in as well and there are days where I am more mobile than others. just start with a workable weight(Coach recommends 3-5 lbs to actively engage the Trapezius.
Coaches athletes are crazy flexible in the video, but that doesn't mean that we can't work it up to that width, from what I've picked up from the forums, get to the point where your thumb is right in line with the outside out of your Delts. move onto PE2 but keep HS/PE1>iM in your warm up and during the course of working H1 rinse and repeat that process.
wide grip, move it narrow, change the weight slightly, start over.
edit: for reference, I started working this with 10lbs and it sky rocketed the Trapezius engagement, but when it came down to active flexibility, it was a little heavy to move with 100% control, so i bumped it down to 6lbs until HS/PE1>iM & HS/PE2>iM get mastered and it'll be bumped up to 10lbs on both. while I work on the Dislocate elements with 6lbs.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11347-questions-on-seated-shoulder-flexion-static-form/
Adriano Augusto, on 21 Dec 2013 - 1:49 PM, said:
No, that is not enough for mastery.
Kimura is wrong on that. Is like you say. Shoulder width for non-dislocate elements and shoulder + one hand for dislocates. Kimura is not shoulder width in his video.
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/14082-another-pe1-im-thread
Coach Sommer, on 01 Mar 2013 - 2:59 PM, said:
- At shoulder width to only slightly wider there is very little dislocation that is going to occur, regardless of how hard you try. Nor is rotation something you should pursue with this particular exercise.
- Focus on maximizing the shoulder flexion.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10410-hspe1im-shoulder-joint-rotation/