This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>iM - shoulder joint rotation

Started by vartik, March 1, 2013 · 5 Replies · 802 Views

vartik

Should i externally rotate shoulder joint in the top position of HS/PE1>iM? Im not sure if i said it correctly but by externally rotating shoulder i mean the motion that shoulder naturally do during dislocations.

phrak
ewethestuff said:

I assumed it was the first half of a dislocate as well.

 

It's probably the first portion of an overly narrow dislocate - such that you can't actually do the dislocate. This is my feeling from the pictures

Coach Sommer

- At shoulder width to only slightly wider there is very little dislocation that is going to occur, regardless of how hard you try.  Nor is rotation something you should pursue with this particular exercise.

 

- Focus on maximizing the shoulder flexion.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Rachid Tahri

I see Coach's reply so

I included a

of me demonstrating HS/PE 1 > iM. At the moment I can not go any narrower. Is this correct form?
FredInChina

Looks okay to me Rachid. :)

Except maybe that your first 2 holds are more like 6/7 sec & not 10, and that you are moving a lot (trying too hard? your hands are turning outside of your bar)... this is supposed to be a static hold ;)

Rachid Tahri

Thanks Fred for the feedback!