This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another PE1-iM thread!

Started by kimura, December 18, 2013 · 12 Replies · 529 Views

kimura

So yesterday my mind got blown when I read a thread about this iM, realizing I don't have to dislocate my shoulders while I do it.

I actually stopped doing H1 aside from working this iM because the rest was very easy for me and this was just so far behind. It seemed like a waste of time until I got this iM under control.

Anyway now that I've read through all the threads talking about proper technique I have changed my form and am no longer trying to dislocate or rotate the humerus, and I feel my traps working very hard while I do this. I think I have the form down, but I wanted to see what people think and how far you think I have to go until I master this. My hand width is narrow enough for mastery based on what I've read (hands just outside of delts), and I added a weight right after this.

Keilani Gutierrez

nice! eventually you'll notice that leaning a bit farther forward will become easier with time making the weight feel a little heavier.

keep at it! ^_^

kimura

Thanks Keilani! Some of your posts helped me get a good feel for what I should be doing with this so a double thank you

Keilani Gutierrez

I learned it from coach and friends, so honor to them foremost ^_^

thecolin
kimura said:

So yesterday my mind got blown when I read a thread about this iM, realizing I don't have to dislocate my shoulders while I do it.

 

Yeah, it happens. I'm in the same boat as you, back working on PE1 after having 'mastered' it.  :P  Don't get discouraged, it looks good to me as well.

ace77

Wait?!  We don't have to dislocate/rotate our shoulders to master this?  If this is true, I might be able to move beyond now which would be exciting.  I've been trying to dislocate/rotate and narrow grip to one handwidth beyond shoulder width.  Lately I've widened grip as I was getting a bit of a pinch in one of my shoulders.  

ace77

Thanks Jennifer!  So glad I saw this this morning... 

kimura

Glad this thread could help someone else. I happened to stumble across a thread that changed the way I do this exercise as well.

I really believe this needs to be changed in the course, it is not clear at all. We really shouldn't have to scour the forum for this kind of information.

Duff

Wait, this is enough for mastery? I have been working it up to hands above shoulders! Isn't that what Coach said, shoulder width for non-dislocate elements and shoulder + one hand on each side for dislocates?

Adriano Augusto
Duff said:

Wait, this is enough for mastery? I have been working it up to hands above shoulders! Isn't that what Coach said, shoulder width for non-dislocate elements and shoulder + one hand on each side for dislocates?

No, that is not enough for mastery.

 

Kimura is wrong on that. Is like you say. Shoulder width for non-dislocate elements and shoulder + one hand for dislocates. Kimura is not shoulder width in his video.

kimura

For the record I didn't say I mastered it! I was just posting the vid for input on my new form. But anyway the video clearly shows that the athletes hands are wider than shoulder width

kimura

Am I wrong there? Is there official word that the video is wrong? It looks to me like his hands are a bit outside shoulder width. It also looks to me like he is dislocating so I don't know