The unbearable sadness that come when you see that your vacation week will not align with your deload week (and there is nothing you can do about it... you think for a moment to adjust your workout schedule, but then a small Coach Sommer head appears over your shoulder and shakes his head "no" and so you aquiesce and accept)
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Things that only fellow GBers would understand
Started by Jennifer, June 4, 2014 · 92 Replies · 4,260 Views
HamdiC said:but then a small Coach Sommer head appears over your shoulder and shakes his head
Is this a special add on when you buy the whole foundation series together? I just wanna make sure as I only have F1 so far...
I might have vomited a little when I saw that surfing ABR
Jennifer said:My son asked if my workouts are becoming a kind of religious self-flagellation.
Jennifer you must have missed the Foundation warning to parents in the introduction, i can quote it here for anyone else...
"Parents are advised to perform Foundation courses away from family and friends, especially small children, due to heightened levels of emotion, yelling, grunting, crying, and unnatural body postures. In extreme cases small children have been deeply confused and mentally disturbed for almost 3 to 6 months following their exposure."
One young man was asked where he developed his fear of exercise and personal goals of perfection saying "Mom was always twisting and bending out on the porch, or rolling around in strange ways about 4 times a week. Oh, and always counting to 60. After awhile all we would hear was "Mastery week, Mastery week" in a strange dull tone of exhaustion."
When someone asks you where you are stiff/sore and you think nothing of identifying an obscure muscle that is way more specific than they asked for.
Jennifer said:All I can say is thank goodness it's deload next week.
What's your story?
when you say "thanks goodness it's deload next week", but you don't say it anymore WHILE it's deload week
"you'll break your back bro"
Riku Calderón said:When people claims they can do handstand and shows you the banana style
Sometimes I wish I never came to GB and fell in love with handstands. Every time I see a banana handstand I cringe...
meras said:"you'll break your back bro"
You'll screw up your shoulders doing dislocates too ![]()
Jon Douglas said:You'll screw up your shoulders doing dislocates too
I do these in private now. The looks on their faces when you grab a weight and dislocate...
meras said:I do these in private now. The looks on their faces when you grab a weight and dislocate...
I did my first oly bar ones at crossfit. Immediately people who were interested in mobility wanted to try it with the same bar.
An awesome toolbox and a desire to hit things hard as possible is not always a great combination
wonder how that went for them. ![]()
Keilani Gutierrez said:wonder how that went for them.
Well, I said they were welcome to try it, provided they could show me shoulder width on PVC first. The enthusiasm died down after that; deflating exercise.
Jon Douglas said:Well, I said they were welcome to try it, provided they could show me shoulder width on PVC first. The enthusiasm died down after that; deflating exercise.
buzzkiller
The dismay you when you see people doing headstand pushups, back to wall, hands half a meter away from the wall, bodyline a shape that makes most bananas seems straight by comparison, hands placed at width two hand spans wider than shoulder width with elbows flaring out.
I try hard not to care what other people do at the gym as I find that unsolicited advice at the gym is annoying but I had to really bite my tongue when the person doing this was advising his gym buddy, on how to do "handstand pushups".
meras said:buzzkiller
I sacrifice their buzz to save their LIVES /misunderstoodheropose
Actually truth be told my initial reaction was 'Let's see where this goes,' because I'm pretty sure it would've made my point for me, but this particular day my shoulder angel must've been doing his ABRs and convinced me to use my GST powers for the path of light.
Jon Douglas said:Well, I said they were welcome to try it, provided they could show me shoulder width on PVC first. The enthusiasm died down after that; deflating exercise.
We wanted fun tales of dislocated shoulders and blood everywhere, not a story where reason triumphs!
Bro said:We wanted fun tales of dislocated shoulders and blood everywhere, not a story where reason triumphs!
DAMMIT BRO WE AGREED WE WOULD NEVER TALK ABOUT CANADA
That feeling of dread during the last workout of deload week 8.
"you'll break your back bro"
Did anyone do Jefferson Curls at a gym?
That feeling when you have multiple items at week 11 in one week.
mcneuen said:That feeling of dread during the last workout of deload week 8.
Holding back on strength progressions while your mobility catches up.
HamdiC said:Wait, so you mean that this never happens to you:
No.jpg
Hahaha
:D you should make that a .gif ![]()