This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Things that only fellow GBers would understand

Started by Jennifer, June 4, 2014 · 92 Replies · 4,260 Views

Jennifer

Today I did a second week  of 4x36r  ABR  and though I felt like I had more in the tank, at the end I burst out weeping.    It was just that awful.     My son asked if my workouts are becoming a kind of religious self-flagellation.    All I can say is thank goodness it's deload next week.

 

What's your story?

Keilani Gutierrez

stretching my HF's are a royal pain in the ass. #nuffsaid 

ChrisUK

Self-flagellation is definitely an accurate term to describe GB workouts. I guess S1 is going to be literal torture. (Rumor has it the US special forces use it to train their guys to be desensitized to torture, in fact  :P )

dritar

When, all other things being equal, you schedule a vacation week so it falls on a deload week.

Sascha Faltinger

Next week is deload for me too. So much exercises with high volume at the moment. Need some regeneration time.

Duff
Keilani Gutierrez said:

stretching my HF's are a royal pain in the ass. #nuffsaid 

+1

 

#firstworldGSTenthusiastsproblems

RJS

My whole back is sore from ABR right now. Im at 5x 30 and 5 months in. Very tough for me, my weakest element yet

Michael Taylor

I get it.

ABR are awful. As I get close to failure, first my breathing starts to go and then my lower back and shoulders refuse to work anymore.

It's not a grit your teeth and push through exercise (like hollow body rocks) - when you start flapping like a fish out of water the set just stops!

Sascha Faltinger

i recently saw a video of a gymnast jumping on the back of another lying on the floor and surfed on his ABR.

this exercise will be practiced the next years for perfection. :-)

Joshua Slocum

Friends saying "oh you're working out today? How about you come lift weights/do yoga/play soccer/etc" and not understanding why that's not an acceptable substitute.

m6shifter

11 months in on this 1. 5x44 is where I am at. Might be another year on this 1. Frustrating at first but now my patience is a lot better now then when I started F1. 3 pe2's that are lifetime exercises and we know which 1's they are. You have to be disciplined to stick with the foundation course. Now it really does not matter to me if a PE or IM takes a year or  a month.  I struggle throughout the day keeping good posture. So f1 is just a little part of our lives but, At least I am aware of good posture now.

 

  Enjoy the ride everyone.......

Nash

Ouaou! Great job on your progress. You mastered ABH not too long ago!

 

 

-Nash

emilianop
saschali1979 said:

i recently saw a video of a gymnast jumping on the back of another lying on the floor and surfed on his ABR.

this exercise will be practiced the next years for perfection. :-)

Link or it didn't happen

Jennifer

He means this one I think:

 

 

Alan Tseng

That one exercise in a deload week lasts 5 minutes

emilianop

that's great!

 

...BUT, I pictured in my mind a scene where the guy in ABR was sliding on the floor... :)

I'm a bit disappointed... a bit

NoHiddenCosts
ChrisUK said:

I guess S1 is going to be literal torture.

Wait, what?

Cory Fair

...the significance of midnight AZ time  :ph34r:

Jennifer

LOL  

Cory Fair said:

...the significance of midnight AZ time  :ph34r:

NoHiddenCosts
Cory Fair said:

...the significance of midnight AZ time  :ph34r:

Wait, what?

RJS

The great thing about this move is its carry over strength. As we struggle with ABR, things like FL get better without trying actual front levers.

I notice from time to time my front lever holds get better and better with each new attempt at progressing with ABR.

Mark Collins

When one year at an exercise is not that long anymore.

Sascha Faltinger

yes jennifer. i meant the video you posted. sorry for my confused writing when i said surfung ABR. My English isn't so good. Anyway, as most of the people here I noticed the carryover of ABR Strength into my general Strength.

This is a basic strength element which will take a very long time to master. Maybe never? it dosn't matter.

Riku Calderón

When people claims they can do handstand and shows you the banana style :D

Stephen Majerle

Spending more than a year on handstand training without doing any actual handstands.