This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Over thinking alert!

Started by Riku Calderón, October 26, 2013 · 34 Replies · 1,371 Views

Adriano Augusto
IcedDante said:

Adriano- you must mean sPL PE4 iM, right? I started off doing 5 reps per leg as well. Fortunately I realized it was 10 reps per leg early in the process and started working up to it. Not easy.

What? :D

 

Edited.

 

Yeah, definitely not easy. In fact, to me the real exercise is the iM... 

-MR

I have the original version of F1 (the one that could be downloaded and saved to one's computer), and all it says for sPL/PE4>iM is "10r after each work set". 

 

Based on the discussions in the links I pasted below, I always took this to mean that this meant 5 reps per leg as the movement consisted of alternating legs like with skiers, and cossacks.

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10046-slspe2-and-pe3-reps/?hl=%2Bnumber+%2Breps#entry96690

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10869-reps-per-side-or-total-foundation-1-question/?hl=%2Bnumber+%2Breps#entry105137

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11830-number-of-reps-for-slspe2/?hl=%2Bnumber+%2Breps

https://www.gymnasticbodis.com/forum/topic/12492-reps/?hl=%2Bnumber+%2Breps

 

This appears to have changed however, and it's hard to know whether this is a type-o (which has happened before) or a clarification for our benefit. 

 

Has anyone PM'd Cory? If not, I'd be happy to do so myself. I just don't want to overwhelm his mailbox with the same question. It may also be worthwhile getting an email notification whenever a correction is made to the program as I'm assuming most of us are not in the habit of going back and re-examining the instructions for the movements we've already mastered. 

 

 

m6shifter

I'm doing 10 per leg on this 1. A brutal Im that's for sure.

ausswe

Guys it still says 10reps not 10 reps per side. So that would be 10 total reps 5 each side

-MR

Ha ha! Cory must have gotten word and corrected the error; it was clearly 10 reps per leg a few days ago.

I'm glad I don't have to go back and re-test. I'd warn Adriano, but I suspect he's already mastered the more difficult version by now :)

bso

I believe Cory must have corrected it. He replied to me yesterday with this:

 

Sent Yesterday, 12:44 AM

You're right, this looks like it got unintentionally changed. Of course you can do 10 per leg anyways if you want.  :)

ausswe

10 reps per side just means more rest :P

IcedDante

Wow... I actually worked up to 10 reps on each leg. But you know what: I regret nothing!

Adriano Augusto

Me neither. Now 10 reps seems like a real rest compared to 20 reps. Even thought, from time to time I'll keep doing 20 reps just for the sake of the fire on my lower back/glutes.

ausswe

I almost wish it was 10 per leg... Could use that extra rest time and I like the effect this stuff is having on my bum :P