This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Reps per side or total? Foundation 1 question.

Started by Guest, March 29, 2013 · 3 Replies · 345 Views

Guest

For example, in SLS/PE2, the mastery calls for 5x10. I am assuming it means 10 reps per side, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Peekay

5 reps each side, 10 in total.

MvdB

This has been answered several times :)

 

The idea is that when a movement alternates from side to side, each time you perform it counts as one rep. Example: sPL PE4 > iM. So a total of 10 reps prescribed in such a case means 5 right, 5 left.

When a movement is performed with the whole body, first do the prescribed number of reps on one side, then on the other side. Example: MN PE1 > iM. A total of 10 reps prescribed in such a case means 10 right, 10 left.

Stephen Greer

Good to know. Guess I've been overtraining a few movements; I was wondering why it was so tiring to do 10 skiers to each side! :)