This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Over thinking alert!

Started by Riku Calderón, October 26, 2013 · 34 Replies · 1,371 Views

Riku Calderón

Cory says this in FAQ

How do the repetition counts in the Integrated Mobility elements work?

For single-limbed elements, eg) RC/PE1>iM, complete the repetition or time count on each side.

For elements which alternate directions, eg) RC/PE4>iM, complete the total rep count on each side (unless explicitly indicated, as in sPL/PE2>iM). That is, left + right = one complete repetition.

For other elements, complete a single set as instructed.

So do we do 20 total reps of skiers in SLS/PE1>IM

And yes i know that the athlete does 10 total in the video.

Sorry :(

Bipocni

The way I've been counting it is for odd numbered rep schemes, do the total number for each side, and for even numbered rep schemes, do half the total for each side.

 

I've been doing it this way because people have told me to do it that way for SL/PE1>iM and HBP/PE1>iM.

Adriano Augusto

If with skiers you do:

 

"That is, left + right = one complete repetition."

 

Yes, you're doing 20 skiers; 10 to left, 10 to right.

 

What's the problem? :D

 

It doesn't matter what athlete does, because they don't complete the total scheme in many exercises; becase that's not the point, the point is they show tempo, form and the exercise itself.

Riku Calderón

Have to do the mastery test again :D

Have everybody else really done it this way? Last time i asked i did get different answer

gohei_

I'm only doing 5 on each side. Damn it  :angry:

Riku Calderón
gohei_ said:

I'm only doing 5 on each side. Damn it  :angry:

What i have understand is that most are.

Riku Calderón

Im sorry but it is impossible for me to believe that in PE1 it woud be 35 "squats" x 5 to master.

Riku Calderón

Sorry. But this is just WHAT!

unless explicitly indicated, as in sPL/PE2>iM

spinelli

I've always found it easiest to think of a rep as when you come back to the start of the movement. So for the above im it goes middle> left> middle> right > middle and there I am at the start of the next rep. 

 

SlS/pE1 im is 10 per side for a total of 5 sets so
5*10 =100 
So for master you will do 50 squats but the way you count each rep means you're actually squatting down 100 times. Does that make any sense? 

 

James Taylor

Wow..  I guess I somehow missed the FAQ.  I thought I was getting closer to SLS/PE1 mastery but I guess not, may have to move back one month.  Those skier squats kill me.  

dritar

Those 10r per leg are nasty. Damned straddle Donkey Kick...

 

  • For elements which alternate directions, eg) RC/PE4>iM, complete the total rep count on each side (unless explicitly indicated, as in sPL/PE2>iM). That is, left + right = one complete repetition.

I think this needs clarification. If left + right is one rep then why would you say that sPL/PE2>IM states otherwise as that one is "stating 10r per leg" which is essentially the same thing...

 

100 twisting squats ? Really... guess I have to test that one again :huh:

Coach Sommer

Five reps per side for a total of ten reps.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Riku Calderón

Thanks Coach!

 

So things that alternate have the total count on them unless explicitly indicated, as in sPL/PE2>iM

 

Hooray!!!

Bro'

Praise the lord ! I mean Coach... I mean... Aren't they the same person anyway ?

Jon Douglas

Man, it was supposed to help this... maybe I need to write a FAQ about the FAQs...

Riku Calderón
Jon Douglas said:

Man, it was supposed to help this... maybe I need to write a FAQ about the FAQs...

:D

when can we expect the FAQ correction?

Jon Douglas
RiQC said:

:D

when can we expect the FAQ correction?

Immediately after F3 release.

ausswe

So next year? :P

Somalie

I was about to scream at ten skiers per side... That's just crazy!!!

-MR

This has been addressed a few times before, but it's buried in old threads. If I'm not mistaken, the rule went something along the lines of:

 

When exercises alternate from one side to the other in videos (eg. skiers, cossack squats etc...), split the total reps between each leg. For a goal of 10 reps, you would do 5 on each side.

 

When exercises do not alternate sides in the videos (eg. speed skater squats), do the total amount of reps on each side. For a goal of 5 reps, do 5 on the left and 5 on the right.

bso

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but it seems to me that sPL>PE4 became 10 reps PER LEG with the recent upgrade... Was it not just 10 reps (5/leg) before?

-MR

If you're talking about sPL/PE4>iM, I think you're right. A private message to Cory Fair would get you the official answer as he may not read this thread. Let us know what he says. 

IcedDante

This is has gotten annoying. I've read different things on different threads about how much time/reps we should be doing on different mobility movements. It really is just not clear and I think the course text should be modified to clarify this. I already see it in some places, why not make it universal: "X reps per side" or "X seconds per side"

Adriano Augusto

I'm revisiting sPL/PE4 along with the iM and now the iM seems to me harder than before... maybe because now we have to do 10 reps more :D

IcedDante

Adriano- you must mean sPL PE4 iM, right? I started off doing 5 reps per leg as well. Fortunately I realized it was 10 reps per leg early in the process and started working up to it. Not easy.