Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(Injury)Bone Fracture -Please Advice

Tee Kanchon

I fall from box jump-WOD. I think it is called distal radius fracture. I'm so scared that cannot come back to do hand balance again. I m 29. Doctor just pull the bone and put the needle in with no open operation.

Please.. Recommend

I take fish oil n vit c for reduce inflammation. N taking calcium for bone. Does msm help? N how much dose all supplement should I take.

Many guru in this forum I follow. Please suggest

Thank u

Tee from Thailand

post-4131-0-64394000-1355320038_thumb.jp

post-4131-0-06071200-1355320714_thumb.jp

There isn't too much you can do now that the bone is set, it's just a waiting game.

The most important thing right now is not to disturb the bone set, so be careful, once the bones are set there is really nothing that can be done other than that. Hopefully the bone was set well and your wrist movement is going to be too different but you won't know until the bone is fully healed. Even in the worst case there are ways to compensate for limited wrist ROM so don't be too despondent.

Inflammation is a natural process, I wouldn't worry too much about it with a bone break. The inflammation will be gone well before the bone is healed.

MSM is harmless and may help with reducing scar tissue, it won't hurt to take some as well as the calcium.

• Upvote 1

Joshua Naterman

Don't worry about inflammation, that's how your body heals.

Do exactly what your doctor tells you, and don't try to rush the recovery. It will take ~8 weeks for that bone to be fully healed, and a while longer for it to be as strong as it used to be.

You're in Thailand, so keeping the bone warm is not a problem I would think :) Don't intentionally let it get cold, that will slow things down. The cast will also help keep it warm.

There isn't much else to say... make sure you are getting plenty of vitamin D, sunlight exposure gives plenty. If that can't be done for whatever reason, a D3 supplement is a good idea. 4000-5000 iu per day is broadly accepted as a reasonable daily dose in all cases. As always, ask your doctor before self-medicating with anything, even Vitamin D.

• Upvote 1

Thank u Cole Dano. The word 'waiting game' just remind me the big picture. Also thank u Joshua for vitD. U two r my first answer in this forum. After they adjust forum just to log in from Facebook is very convenience.

One quote to share because it cheers me up.

"I tell my kids,what is the difference between a hero and a coward? What is the difference between being yellow and being brave? No difference only what u do. They both feel the same. They both fear dying and getting hurt. The man who is yellow refuses to face up to what he's got to face. The hero is more disciplined n he fights those feelings off and he does what he has to do. But they both feel the same. The hero and the coward. People who watch you judge you on what you do, not how you feel.

Cus d' amato