Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm New Here And I Want To Start

Akruze

Hey,

I came here hoping to find guidance to improve my strength.

My ultimate goal is to be able to preform elements such as planche, human flag, lever etc. with all its' variations.

I do not seek to do it in an Olympic level in perfect and un-flawed form but I do wish to learn it and master it.

I've been trying out programs all over the internet and gained little to no progress in trying to get to where I want, and I'm hoping to find it here.

So, as I said, my goal is to learn and master gymnastic elements (not on an Olympic level though). Therefor I'm searching a workout routine/s to gain more strength so I'll be able to preform them (I'm aiming for FBE at first then FSP).

I'm 17 years old, about 1.75m and 64kg. I have a single pull up bar and a dip station as well as rings set (but with little space to the ceiling). Any thing else?

I would love if you guys could help me and aim me for the right path

Boban Ilievski

People here usualy follow either the WoD (Workout of the day - check out the forum) or Killroy70's program https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/1532-killroy-70-beginner-template/

Those are for gaining general all-around strength. You also should start some FSP work to help you achieve your Planche and lever goals. The progressions for these are:

First the 6 prerequisites:

60s plank

60s reverse plank

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Parallel Bar support.

60s chin up grip dead hang

Once you can hold these positions for 60 sec straight (or if you do allredy, I don't know what's your current level of strength) you can move on to doing planche and lever work (front lever, back lever). You can look the progressions for them in Coach Sommer's Building the Gymnastic body book, or I can write them here fo you.

Be consistent, patient, train hard & have fun. Good luck.

People here usualy follow either the WoD (Workout of the day - check out the forum) or Killroy70's program https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/1532-killroy-70-beginner-template/

Those are for gaining general all-around strength. You also should start some FSP work to help you achieve your Planche and lever goals. The progressions for these are:

First the 6 prerequisites:

60s plank

60s reverse plank

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Parallel Bar support.

60s chin up grip dead hang

Once you can hold these positions for 60 sec straight (or if you do allredy, I don't know what's your current level of strength) you can move on to doing planche and lever work (front lever, back lever). You can look the progressions for them in Coach Sommer's Building the Gymnastic body book, or I can write them here fo you.

Be consistent, patient, train hard & have fun. Good luck.

Which of these programs above are more suited for me? or are they the same (pros/cons)?

I would be very happy if you could write down the progression!

Thank you for your reply!

Boban Ilievski

ZRX38 is right. WoD's aren't exactly for beginners, you have to do a lot of scaling down, and even than some exercises might be impossible to do. So go for Killroy70's routine. Search the forums there are couple of threads about it, read the stickies in the Getting started forum. You should also consider buying the book, everyhing is explained there - all the exercises and progressions, about programming etc.

As for the progressions, you really should aim to get 60sec at the 6 ones I mentioned in my previous post. Also a solid L-sit is required. Then you can move on to Planche (Frog stand -> Adv.Frog stand -> Tuck Planche -> Adv. tuck - > straddle -> full Planche) and front lever & back lever (the progressions for both are the same as for the planche, but they start from the tucked position).

Search the forum, there are tons of helpful threads and posts that will answer a lot of your questions.

ZRX38 is right. WoD's aren't exactly for beginners, you have to do a lot of scaling down, and even than some exercises might be impossible to do. So go for Killroy70's routine. Search the forums there are couple of threads about it, read the stickies in the Getting started forum. You should also consider buying the book, everyhing is explained there - all the exercises and progressions, about programming etc.

As for the progressions, you really should aim to get 60sec at the 6 ones I mentioned in my previous post. Also a solid L-sit is required. Then you can move on to Planche (Frog stand -> Adv.Frog stand -> Tuck Planche -> Adv. tuck - > straddle -> full Planche) and front lever & back lever (the progressions for both are the same as for the planche, but they start from the tucked position).

Search the forum, there are tons of helpful threads and posts that will answer a lot of your questions.

Thanks :) I guess I'll search for the topics another day (it's late here).

Could you please refer me to the book you mentioned I should buy?

Also, I forgot to mention this, I don't have the ability to go to a gym but I do have a park near by which includes a pull up bar, paraler dips bar and rings (but they are very close to the top)

Also, a general question about the WoDs, do I need to go to the first WoD or do I simply start from the current WoD?