New Website Bugs

Started by Coach Sommer, November 9, 2012 · 94 Replies · 21,174 Views

Cory Fair

Added these to the to-do list. I have a round of major fixes coming that should resolve most of these visible bugs.

Joey Frad

When you click on "See All" to the right of categories. The CERTIFICATION & SEMINARS shows 0 articles. Which isn't true because there are articles such as this one

The First GB Level 1 Certification Examination

Cory Fair
Joey Frad said:

When you click on "See All" to the right of categories. The CERTIFICATION & SEMINARS shows 0 articles. Which isn't true because there are articles such as this one

The First GB Level 1 Certification Examination

Fixed

Joey Frad

BOOKS

Xtreme Rings

Seminar

books is capitalized . not a bug but wasn't sure if it was intentional

<-- ocd

stefanhinote

Not sure if this is being addressed yet, but people with Chrome seem to be having issues viewing embedded youtube videos, and the reason is:

When you initially load gymnasticbodies.com it uses the https protocol, but all the youtube links are http, and Google Chrome doesn't like using http under https as it poses a security risk.

Proof of concept, view in Chrome:

https no video https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9140-tuck-planche-help/

http video http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9140-tuck-planche-help/

One solution is to go all the way to the right edge of the address bar, and there will be a shield icon. click that, and hit "load insecure content anyway."

This should still maintain the https connection to gymnasticbodies, and allow the http links from youtube.

Cory Fair
stefanhinote said:

Not sure if this is being addressed yet, but people with Chrome seem to be having issues viewing embedded youtube videos, and the reason is:

When you initially load gymnasticbodies.com it uses the https protocol, but all the youtube links are http, and Google Chrome doesn't like using http under https as it poses a security risk.

Proof of concept, view in Chrome:

https no video https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9140-tuck-planche-help/

http video http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9140-tuck-planche-help/

One solution is to go all the way to the right edge of the address bar, and there will be a shield icon. click that, and hit "load insecure content anyway."

This should still maintain the https connection to gymnasticbodies, and allow the http links from youtube.

Already have a fix planned for that :)

Cole Dano

Here's an odd one.

In editing a post, when backspacing rather than deleting the last letter typed, the deletion started from the beginning of the line.

Writing this now backspacing works as usual.

PhilipP

Hi Cory,

I'm using ie8 and every time I try to view a new forum page it gives me the pop up asking me if I I only want to view content that was delivered securely,yes or no? The other issue I'm having is that I can't reply to a topic. The box is dark and I can't see if I'm typing anything. I know futures now had these issues with ie9, not sure if you have a solution yet. Thanks

Phil

Cory Fair
PhilipP said:

Hi Cory,

I'm using ie8 and every time I try to view a new forum page it gives me the pop up asking me if I I only want to view content that was delivered securely,yes or no? The other issue I'm having is that I can't reply to a topic. The box is dark and I can't see if I'm typing anything. I know futures now had these issues with ie9, not sure if you have a solution yet. Thanks

Phil

Could you do a print screen for me? I'm working on the IE, unfortunately it's a literal browser so if I have a single symbol out of place in the css code, it can get whacky.

I'll play with the security settings too--it's been a while since I regularly used IE. I believe that popup is a "feature."

Cory Fair
ewethestuff said:

Using iPhone.

When I change layout to "Full Version" then try to change back using the "Use Mobile Version" button, it makes the forum background white. If I change back using the "Change Theme" menu, it changes it correctly to black background.

Which iPhone and which iOS?

Joey Frad

all of the links on the YOUTUBE videos leading to BTGB or other products, don't work.

Also if you are browsing the forum and click on the PICTURE with the word Seimnar underneath, it brings you to the product page instead.

Cory Fair
Joey Frad said:

all of the links on the YOUTUBE videos leading to BTGB or other products, don't work.

Also if you are browsing the forum and click on the PICTURE with the word Seimnar underneath, it brings you to the product page instead.

Fixed the second item with the links. Which Youtube videos do you mean? Could you give me a link or example?

Joey Frad

for example the featured video. click the link in the description

Cory Fair
Joey Frad said:

for example the featured video. click the link in the description

Good catch! I'll get Coach to update those.

gravy

Mobile Version Issues:

-unable to see the Original Poster of each thread

-automatically goes to most recent post whenever a thread is opened

-no option to go to the first post when opening a thread

-no option to select which page of the thread you want to go to

-instead of having "Pinned" on the right side of each sticky, it would make more sense to have it on the left side. Or have an icon of a tack or sticky note on the left side (icon_news_tack_02.gif)

Cory Fair
gravy said:

Mobile Version Issues:

-unable to see the Original Poster of each thread

-automatically goes to most recent post whenever a thread is opened

-no option to go to the first post when opening a thread

-no option to select which page of the thread you want to go to

-instead of having "Pinned" on the right side of each sticky, it would make more sense to have it on the left side. Or have an icon of a tack or sticky note on the left side (icon_news_tack_02.gif)

Most of these are things that weren't coded into the base mobile version by the forum software company. It's something they've acknowledged, and are working to improve upon; however, if it seems like it'll take too long, I'll consider writing a custom core for us.

gravy
Cory Fair said:

Most of these are things that weren't coded into the base mobile version by the forum software company. It's something they've acknowledged, and are working to improve upon; however, if it seems like it'll take too long, I'll consider writing a custom core for us.

That would be very nice. Many thanks if you do this.

Joey Frad

can't get the forums BACK to regular mode from mobile on my PC

Cory Fair
Joey Frad said:

can't get the forums BACK to regular mode from mobile on my PC

 

Close out from the website and try now.

PaulR

The link on Coaches WOD for today (swinging dips) is broken: http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=860&start=17#p4430

 

It seems to go to the right forum, then immediately redirects to a "Sorry, couldn't find that" page.

 

Browser: Opera 12.

 

Thanks!

Sailor Venus

quote button is problematic. whenever i try to 'quote' someone, the quotation marks doesn't appear as i type my replies.

Jim Murphy

First, Happy New Year to everyone!  :)

 

Next, this isn't a "bug" per se, but, the white text on dark background is just plain horrible for healthy vision.

 

Back when personal computers first came out they indeed had white text on dark background. Ergonomic

studies have long since shown this color combination to be the worst for eye strain.

 

Black text on light background provides a much gentler contrast for human vision.

 

Some more recent studies suggest IF a dark background must be used, a light shade of gray for text

is much more eye-friendly [than white text].

 

Thanks,

 

Jim

Joshua Slocum

Could you link to these studies, please? I would be interested in reading them. 

Cory Fair
Jim Murphy said:
First, Happy New Year to everyone!  :)

 

Next, this isn't a "bug" per se, but, the white text on dark background is just plain horrible for healthy vision.

 

Back when personal computers first came out they indeed had white text on dark background. Ergonomic

studies have long since shown this color combination to be the worst for eye strain.

 

Black text on light background provides a much gentler contrast for human vision.

 

Some more recent studies suggest IF a dark background must be used, a light shade of gray for text

is much more eye-friendly [than white text].

 

Thanks,

 

Jim

 

The text isn't actually white, but let me ask you this: which is more damaging healthy vision--the length of time spent staring uninterrupted at a monitor or the nature of the contrast itself? I'm open to making improvements, but I do have to make sure my limited time is prioritized by what's immediately necessary.