New Website Bugs

Started by Coach Sommer, November 9, 2012 · 94 Replies · 21,174 Views

Cory Fair
Shakyamuni said:

2) I can't search through old posts. Like if I go to Coach Sommer's profile, it says he has been a member since 19 Oct 2012, so none of his old posts show up in a list. I thought this was a little disappointing, since I have made it a habit of going through his posts in order since 2008. I finally got to page 86...hehe. Is this just a consequence of the new website server?

Added to the list. This one will take a couple days, but I'll be able to fix it.

JN12

The new website looks really cool! Great Work!

I have another "bug": if i open a new page on the forum i get a massage "certificate does not match site name" but i can allow this and then it works.

IcedDante

Lists are not displaying their bullets properly.

  • Test here works ok, but posts pre upgrade show some weird characters.

Why are graduate threads being moved to a private forum. I found them to be very entertaining and educational.

kevin78

A couple things.

Youtube embeds work in everything I can test on a mac except for chrome.

The redirection url for logging in/registering with a google account needs updating I think, because google complained that the redirection didn't match.

Apart from that, its looking great

Cory Fair
ewethestuff said:

I might be the only one using this feature, but I was subscribed to the RSS feed that pushed out every post made in the forums, and now it's gone dead. Any chance of it returning? It was an extremely efficient way of scanning everything to see if anything of interest had been posted.

The icon shows at the bottom of the forum. Alternatively, here is the feed url.

feed:https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=rss&type=forums&id=1

Craig

Cory: you're right my chrome was set to desktop mode. fixed it, thanks. i tried to replicate the issues I was having with the overlay from my phone on desktop mode, but couldnt. the issue with the page jumping around seems to be a part of the mobile browser (does it on other pages too, i tested)...kinda just does a super zoom in when you click on a text box (so you can see it i guess?) but doesnt centre it on the text box for some reason. I just zoomed out or panned and it was fine though.

Besides that, from the mobile skin I cant see any way to get back to the front page of the website once you're in the forums, besides deleting the /forums from the address bar. am I missing something?

Craig

Also, just linked my google account, but when I try to link my facebook account it goes to the facebook page and says "an error occurred, please try again later."

Thanks again everyone for all the hard work!

Cory Fair
Craig said:

Also, just linked my google account, but when I try to link my facebook account it goes to the facebook page and says "an error occurred, please try again later."

Thanks again everyone for all the hard work!

Try it now. Looks like Facebook decided to be goofy on their end.

Cory Fair

The issue with Youtube and Chrome is a problem with the browser not supporting flash properly. I'll look into changing how Youtube is embedded.

haui

The forum is very slow now.

The second this is i can not find the "Mark the unread Topics" button!

Rik de Kort

The "Mark All Read"-button is below the forum, in the footer.

Cory Fair
haui said:

The forum is very slow now.

The second this is i can not find the "Mark the unread Topics" button!

Where is it slow for you?

JN12

If i click on "blog" and then "essays", only five of them are displayed and i can click nowhere to see all of them.

Has anybody else this problem or am I just too blind to see it? <_<

Cory Fair

There is a "Next Page" link at the bottom of the articles list. I increased the font size so it should be more visible.

Craig

In Chrome browser on Windows 7 I cannot see the icons for Messages and Notifications at the top (its just grey, I can see the little red number when there is a new one but its not on top of anything). The background has also disappeared from the forum now, its just grey (which looks awesome anyways :))

Can you tell that part of my job is to do UAT? haha

Thanks again for all the hard work Cory. Appreciate you taking the time to follow the issues up. And thanks to Coach for all his hard work too

Cory Fair
Craig said:

In Chrome browser on Windows 7 I cannot see the icons for Messages and Notifications at the top (its just grey, I can see the little red number when there is a new one but its not on top of anything). The background has also disappeared from the forum now, its just grey (which looks awesome anyways :))

Can you tell that part of my job is to do UAT? haha

Thanks again for all the hard work Cory. Appreciate you taking the time to follow the issues up. And thanks to Coach for all his hard work too

I'll look into it. Chrome is being very rude to me this week. :(

JN12

Hey cory,

now it's there, thanks! I really couldn't find it before :)

PaulR

Cory, just to give you a little positive feedback... Opera 12 is working fine ;)

Cory Fair
ewethestuff said:

Apologies if it's intentional, but the fonts on the homepage are rendering differently for me than everywhere else on the site. Default serif?

2nhlwm8.jpg

Running Safari 6.0

I'll check on how it's rendering defaults.

Additional bug: Find content and some search results are not rendering grey.

Cole Dano
Craig said:

In Chrome browser on Windows 7 I cannot see the icons for Messages and Notifications at the top (its just grey, I can see the little red number when there is a new one but its not on top of anything).

I'm having a similar issue with Safari.

Alos, not a bug, but the notifications are somewhat unclear as to if they have been read or not.

haui
haui said:

The forum is very slow now.

The second this is i can not find the "Mark the unread Topics" button!

The last 2 day the forum was very slow it took about 2-3 Minutes to load a page.

But today everything is ok

Joey Frad

when viewing blog pages, if you click on PREVIOUS PAGE it goes to the first page instead

paintrick

The new site looks great, here's the bugs I found:

-I used to have a RSS feed for ALL blog posts, seems that is impossible now, can we get it back?

--this included tutorials, WOD's, success stories, etc..

-Pictures in posts from Coach seem to be broken, example:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/249-bulgarian-ring-dips/

Joey Frad

You have reached your bandwidth limit and can not view this image

<_<

Joey Frad

on the help page, there are two links (intentional or not) that don't work. One leads to an error page and one acts as an anchor.

"your control panel"

"Delete"

ctrl F them for speed ;)