This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

NaterMania

Started by Joshua Naterman, September 8, 2009 · 920 Replies · 532 Views

AlexX

That sounds like one awesome gym. Glad to see the shoulders are feeling better.

Joshua Naterman
AlexX said:
That sounds like one awesome gym. Glad to see the shoulders are feeling better.

Thanks! You'll have to come over once my bumpers get here, it will be awesome! Sorry I haven't been in touch, everything has been crazy. People are dying or shooting themselves... ugh. Best friend's dad and ex-fiance's mom, respectively. Things are ok on my end, and now I shall sleep in my newly blacked out room. You'll have a good laugh at how I did that, Ive got about 14 mils of black plastic duct taped over all the windows in my room. It looks like some sort of bizarre black hole from outside the house!

Razz
slizzardman said:

Things are ok on my end, and now I shall sleep in my newly blacked out room. You'll have a good laugh at how I did that, Ive got about 14 mils of black plastic duct taped over all the windows in my room. It looks like some sort of bizarre black hole from outside the house!

Man that's exactly what I've done here! :D Need to redo though, it's not good enough

Cole Dano

Try aluminum foil! It will not pass light.

I put a couple of layers, simply because it punches through so easily.

If you want the room to be black you can put the black plastic over it.

Mats Trane
Razz said:
slizzardman said:

Things are ok on my end, and now I shall sleep in my newly blacked out room. You'll have a good laugh at how I did that, Ive got about 14 mils of black plastic duct taped over all the windows in my room. It looks like some sort of bizarre black hole from outside the house!

Man that's exactly what I've done here! :D Need to redo though, it's not good enough

And I thought I was obsessed :shock:

Alvaro
slizzardman said:
AlexX said:
That sounds like one awesome gym. Glad to see the shoulders are feeling better.

Thanks! You'll have to come over once my bumpers get here, it will be awesome! Sorry I haven't been in touch, everything has been crazy. People are dying or shooting themselves... ugh. Best friend's dad and ex-fiance's mom, respectively. Things are ok on my end, and now I shall sleep in my newly blacked out room. You'll have a good laugh at how I did that, Ive got about 14 mils of black plastic duct taped over all the windows in my room. It looks like some sort of bizarre black hole from outside the house!

:D whow you should go full paleo and move to a cave instead! :twisted:

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA!!! That's what my friends keep saying! We have started joking around about making a nap tent that's made out of carbon nanotubes so it blocks 99.9% of light.

Seriously though, best sleep ever. 6 hours feels better than 8 or 9 used to and actually getting 8-9 hours in the True Light Void is just ridiculously awesome.

Razz

Mr Brady aluminium foil sounds great too! :D

Seriously, it's not obsession, it's a small easy change that will make a huuuuge difference.

..ok slightly obsessed but what the heck :P

Joshua Naterman

You know, life just isn't as much fun when you aren't a little crazy! 8) :lol::mrgreen:

Alvaro

Crazy is my middle name!!! :twisted: I must recognize is easier for me as the blinds we have can go to almost 100% darkness!, so I only have to deal with my wife´s alarm clock. :D

AlexX
slizzardman said:
AlexX said:
That sounds like one awesome gym. Glad to see the shoulders are feeling better.

Thanks! You'll have to come over once my bumpers get here, it will be awesome! Sorry I haven't been in touch, everything has been crazy. People are dying or shooting themselves... ugh. Best friend's dad and ex-fiance's mom, respectively. Things are ok on my end, and now I shall sleep in my newly blacked out room. You'll have a good laugh at how I did that, Ive got about 14 mils of black plastic duct taped over all the windows in my room. It looks like some sort of bizarre black hole from outside the house!

Sorry to hear about that. That's awesome on the room though, I have wooden blinds that do a decent job at keeping out sunlight but it's far from total darkness in the morning.

Joshua Naterman

Omegant: Man, those must be some awesome blinds!!! My girlfriend has to have her little light lights too, she likes the green LED from the fan to be shining so she can see at night. Me, I like to laugh when I hear the thump hahaha!

Alex: Thanks man. My bumpers are going to be here tomorrow and guess what! I have my massage table AND I HAVE MY GRASTON/GUA SHA tools!!! It's on!

Alvaro

http://youtu.be/_yrmoPnSqTU

when they close all the small holes got shut, so there is only a very small line of dots at the top, depending the blind not even those! :D

Joshua Naterman

WOW! That rules! Where do you find those?!

Alvaro

most houses got them now a days actually!.

Razz
omegant said:
most houses got them now a days actually!.

Another reason for me to move to Mallorca :mrgreen:

Mats Trane

post-111-13531537174841_thumb.jpg

Razz said:
omegant said:
most houses got them now a days actually!.

Another reason for me to move to Mallorca :mrgreen:

I just love this place! A bunch of people that are just as crazy/obsessed/ passionate with training as me! :mrgreen:

The other day I put up a chinupbar+some rings at our office and my colleges thinks I´m nuts. :twisted: First I go all the way to Arizona for a trainingcamp and now this. They just dont get it..

Felipe
omegant said:
http://youtu.be/_yrmoPnSqTU

when they close all the small holes got shut, so there is only a very small line of dots at the top, depending the blind not even those! :D

Here in south Italy pretty much every house have them, so I literally slept my whole life in darkness...exept in travels when I learned how much good it is!

Howerever they are tedious to install and costs more than something like this:

scuri.jpg

Joshua Naterman

Lol, nice!

Yes, this is a great community. By far the most awesome I have ever come across. I think this place is even more awesome than Something Awful.

Parth Rajguru
slizzardman wrote:...As a side note, I have also purchased a complete kit of Gua Sha tools to compliment my functional and cool-looking yet limited homemade tool, as well as two books on theory and clinical application and contra-indications...

Slizzardman, I was curious if you have any recommendations on places to get Gua Sha tools or any particular books that you recommend? I've recently been looking into this as well. Thanks

Joshua Naterman

Hey! Sorry it's been so long without an update. I have been coasting, doing enough to stay fit but not really being hardcore or even medium-to-firm core.

So, I am uploading my very brief straddle planche to youtube right now and it network connectivity issues don't crop up again it'll be here in 10 minutes or so. I talk a bit, press through tuck to a fairly difficult straddle planche with a very very slight bend in the elbows to avoid causing problems since I have no straight arm conditioning under my belt right now, and I can feel it a little in my shoulder. I talk briefly about planche technique but I really have to prepare before making any kind of real video on that. At any rate that is done. I won't touch anything like that again until January probably. I am just not even remotely ready for that! Muscles yes, connective tissue NO!

Joshua Naterman

kLxQ2kqFFFM

I HAVE done some weighted dips, mostly before the May seminar, but I do a few sets for strength maintenance once or twice a week and that's it.

Larry Roseman
slizzardman said:
kLxQ2kqFFFM

I HAVE done some weighted dips, mostly before the May seminar, but I do a few sets for strength maintenance once or twice a week and that's it.

Even though you may be smaller than before, you appear bigger at least on video!

Joshua Naterman

I look bigger in person too lol! I lost fat, not muscle. I probably lost 2-3 lbs in my legs, honestly, maybe a little more but not much strength.

Quick Start Test Smith

Sliz, the last time I saw you in a video you looked liked a powerlifter (kind of "puffed" up, if you know what I mean). Now you look like a bigger version of a gymnast, you're still so thick but also lean and really dense. Looks like I could press my finger into your skin and get barely any give. Wow!