• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introduction and some questions...

Mahmoud Hashem

Mahmoud Hashem

A little update if you guys don't mind.

I've been doing the workouts as mentioned before

Only I'm only doing 3x5 of each not 5x5.

Is that enough? Or too little?

3x5 superset of 2 arm exercises and one core exerise.

3x5 SLS each leg negatives.

3x5 GHR negatives.

I'm tired by the end of the workout and my muscles are sore the next day. (probably cause I'm out of shape from resting a month)

Should I do a steady state cycle for this? Meaning I don't add sets or move to harder variations until I finish 4 weeks of the program as it currently is?

You could use a SSC. I don't think you need to but it's alright if you're a noob and the volume is tasking. For the record, you are a noob. Sorry. 30s hang and 10s hollow hold gets noob status. Hollow is a very specific core exercise though so you'll get better the more you do it. Luckily, when I had started doing them in gymnastics, I guess I had already been doing them for like 5 years.

As you are just getting back into the swing of the things, it might be a good way to ease yourself into it.

You can do a short SSC of 3-4 weeks instead of 8-12 and retest. Try it for a short cycle and see during week 4 which should be your backoff week.

Sometimes, it's just not enough volume or intensity. But that might be for someone who is more intermediate than yourself.

Mahmoud Hashem

A noob I am, no problem mate, else I wouldn't be here seeking instruction.

Thanks for the help so far.

Mahmoud Hashem

Damn with the hang my left hand gives out so quickly, my right hand though could go for hours though.

That's what I get for relying on my right hand only when gripping in Judo.

Anyway to fix that? Or just keep doing the hang?

More grip work in general. Start playing catch up with the left hand with a pair of grippers.

Bucket of sand and sand grabs, pinching plates and farmer walks. Doing pullups just by your fingertips, rockclimbing, fingertip and tiger claw pushups (these have to be scaled as they are difficult, I could never really do them).