Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foot Behind Head

Philip Chubb

Philip Chubb

Haha I totally understand how you feel about the bars! I am okay with giants and dismounts but there is no hip contact for me with another bar ever. It is like when people are afraid to do a back tuck. I freeze and just can't do it.

Was your dad doing PH when the horse was shaped differently? I do PH and haven't had too many problems. The only one I can think of is being careful with the technique during scissors work. Same for PB.

I occasionally train on the beam as well so I can understand what the girls are having problems with when I am coaching. One time, there was a resi mat under the high beam. I went for a cartwheel and nearly straddled the beam. Fortunately, the resi saved me from never having kids. Needless to say, it ended that session of beam work. I am pretty sure the only competing I will be doing is tumbling and rings. At least until I have kids.

Never do BB with socks. Saw a young guy try it (he was a dumbass) and of course, bam. We found it very amusing. In general CW on BB for guys is risky. Heck, it's not very fun to split a beam as a girl either though.

No, PH has been pretty much the same for 50 years besides the shape of the pommels. He's not that old, hahah.

Philip Chubb

That is just the perfect example of on of Coach's quotes "There are old gymnast. There are dumb gymnast. But there are no old dumb gymnast."

Really? I thought the PH was changed recently. I may be thinking of the vault though. Yeah I only do beam just above the ground for that reason. Not like I will ever compete on it so what does it matter LOL. Haha CWs, turns, failing a straddle press. It all seems dangerous!