This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Erik's Workout Log, Take 2

Started by Erik Sjolin, August 5, 2011 · 134 Replies · 8,082 Views

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL straddle, L-sit, BL layout)

pseudo planche locust (3x3)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

V-ups lift (3x4)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x8)

side levers (3x4, various variations)

AG walks (2 rounds, about...thirty feet?)

Felt absolutely dead today, so today's workout was really long, and not even all that great. Still, glad I did it, and looking forward to tomorrow.

Erik Sjolin

Bah, this was spread out and sketchy. Felt really good at first, but then I just lost it.

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH, PL)

scap series

band series

bicep curls (105lbs 3x5)

skull crushers (3x7 @ 55-60lbs)

weird barbell ones (3x4 @ 30lbs)

MU (3x4)

FL rows (3x5 straddle)

PPP (3x5)

elevated stooped HeSPU 93x7)

Very short, very scattered. Oh well, I guess the slight break won't completely derail me...still, don't want to make a habit of it.

Erik Sjolin

Simple stuff today.

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

cast wall walks

HS wall runs

Erik Sjolin

Dang, I have no clue why I've been feeling so tired lately. This one was a bit of a pain.

Pretty standard core work day, with the addition of the bottom half of some hollowbacks presses. The wrist pushups are getting better at least, and I think my OAOLPU is as well, but my form may be a little off (still have to get a decent camera). Started doing some scapula pulls in a one arm hang to try and get strong in the bottom half of the OAC, and I think it's been working alright.

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH, PL)

V-ups lift (3x5)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

pseudo planche locust (3x4)

pseudo planche press to shoulderstand (3x5 on rings)

XR support to pseudo planche (3x4)

a few rounds of AG walks across my home.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

weighted chins (3x3 @ 125lbs)

yewkis (3x5 @ 2.5lbs)

FL pulls (3x5 in false grip)

OAC assisted (5x2 pinkie assist)

XR dips (3x7)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

PMP (3x5)

XR flyes (3x5)

bicep curls (3x3)

tiger push ups (3x8)

weird barbell (3x4 @ 35lbs)

front squats (3x5 @ 135lbs)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 190lbs)

stretching

Should I keep writing out my whole workouts like this? I want to keep the journal going, but I'm wondering if doing these lists is really helping me out at all, or if I should just post comments about my workout in general.

Erik Sjolin

Blah blah, core workout today.

Standard series done, as with FSPs. Think I gotta start doing the planche first, since I'm weakest at it and it takes the most out of me. Played with a press from straddle L as well. Made it so my feet were a few inches ahead of my hands. Wriggled up into a stand and continued the press. ... :shock: ...well, we'll see how things progress.

Cast wall walks as well as AG walks. Probably gonna do some more ring handstands and PL leans later on.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

MU (3x4, wide grip)

FL rows (3x5, straddle)

OAC assisted (4x2 each side)

elevated stoop HeSPU (3x7)

PPP plus (3x5)

XR dips (3x7. These ones kinda hurt)

band/scapula series

bicep curls (3x5 @ 105lbs barbell)

knee series

leg extensions/curls

stretches

A little briefer today. I figured I'd give myself a bit of a breather since my forearms were still kinda crying for respite. Well, I'll put the little buggers in their place once they're feeling better.

Erik Sjolin

Felt a little better today.

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, PL, MSH)

support to pseduo planche (3x4)

pike press wall assist (3x3 @ 2.5lbs)

pseudo planche locust (3x3)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

AG walks

PL leans

Might start doing the ten minute round of MSH to swap out my usual runs of it. I really want to see where I can go with this one.

Also, as it turns out, working in a job that requires manual labour is a great warm up.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL (didn't do so well this time. But managed a few seconds of full layout. go figure), L-sit, BL)

weighted chins (2x3 @ 125lbs, 2x3 @ 90lbs)

yewkis (3x7)

FL pulls (3x5)

PMP (3x5)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

ring flyes (3x5)

PPP plus (3x5)

bicep curls XR (3x4)

half ROM reverse MU (2x3)

weird barbell (3x4 @ 35lbs)

band series/straight bar series

NLC (3x4 one finger each hand assist)

could've been better, could've been worse.

On an unrelated note, one of the straps on my ring setup has been slipping. Might just order another set (unless I can just get extra straps) and use these ones for a dream machine. Breaks' (I think that was who it was) design looked pretty awesome.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, PL, MSH)

cast wall walks

HS wall runs

Looking back, I probably should've done a few PL leans, AG walks or XR HS...dang, I'm slacking.

Erik Sjolin

FSP (straddle L, Manna, PL)

MU (wide grip, 3x4)

FL rows (3x5 straddle)

OAC assist (4x3)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

Pelicans (basic, 3x5)

PPP (3x5)

ring flyes (3x5)

bicep curls (3x4 @ 115lbs)

skull crushers (3x7)

shoulder series

scapula series

Dillon's band series

SLS (3x3)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 200lbs)

stretching

Skipped the wrist series today (wrists have been killing me lately), and played around with NLC (can do it with two fingers assistance at the hips) and a manna from the elbows. It's nowhere near the amount of strength I'd need to do the straight arm manna, but it was interesting to try and lift my butt off the ground in an pike. Might be fun to play around with.

Erik Sjolin

FSP (FL (played with layout), L-sit, BL)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

HS pike press wall assist (3x3 @ 2.5lbs)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

cast wall walks

AG walks

played around with some Youngs from the book. Not really sure if I'm doing them right, but they were fun to try, anyway.

Erik Sjolin

Ugh...felt like absolute crap today...stuck it out though.

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, Manna, Pl)

weighted chins (4x3 @ 125lbs)

yewkis (3x5 @ 2.5lbs)

OAC assist (5x2 each side, might have been able to do one unassisted right at the beginning)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

PMP (3x5)

ring flyes (3x5)

XR bicep curls (3x4)

inverted MU (1x3, just past 90 degrees)

straight bar series

tiger push ups (3x8)

front squats (3x5 @ 155lbs)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 210lbs)

stretching

yeah...missed a lot today. oh well, i'll chalk it up to my overall condition.

Erich Lin

dude how long are your workouts generally?

Erik Sjolin
erichlin said:
dude how long are your workouts generally?

Usually span from 1.5 to 3 hours. That's including the breaks I take in between certain things, and the meal I have between the stuff at home and the stuff at the gym.

They're long as hell, I know. :roll: I rationalize it by saying "I just like to enjoy myself."

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL (managed to hold a layout for a couple seconds, so...w00t.), L-sit, BL)

XR support to pseudo planche (3x4)

pseudo planche locust (3x3. Tough on the shoulder. Can't do these too often)

Youngs (3x4, or as close as I can get to one)

body levers (3x8)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

side lever pulls (3x4 half layout, half pull)

AG walks (4 rounds)

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, Manna, PL)

MU (3x4)

FL rows (3x5 straddle)

OAC assist (4x2 each side)

elevated stoop HeSPU (3x7)

Pelicans (2.5x5 had to stop on the last one)

ring flyes (3x5)

weird barbell (3x4 @ 35lbs)

bicep curls (3x4 @ approx 115lbs)

skullcrushers (3x7 @ 30lbs each arm)

scapula series

band series (Dillon's)

knee series

leg extensions

stretching

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, BL, L-sit)

cast wall walks

HS wall runs

Found it really hard to summon the strength I needed today. Oh well, guess that's why it was supposed to be a rest day.

Erik Sjolin

Did a bit of a restorative thing today. Got my atlas aligned, so we'll see just how that affects things.

Unfortunately, it also means I have to take it easy for the next couple of days. I'll probably end up doing a lot of research and whatnot, but here's hoping things are better for it.

Also found out that I have major bad posture (as those of you who saw me at the May seminar no doubt saw), so y'know...lotsa fixin' to do.

Erik Sjolin

Getting back to my workouts tomorrow. 'Bout freakin time.

You never realize how much you want something as when you can't do it.

Donar
Erik said:
Did a bit of a restorative thing today. Got my atlas aligned, so we'll see just how that affects things.

Hey,

for what reason did you get your atlas aligned? Did you feel any changes/improvements?

You never realize how much you want something as when you can't do it.

I know exactly what you mean..

Erik Sjolin
Donar said:

Hey,

for what reason did you get your atlas aligned? Did you feel any changes/improvements?

Supposedly it was out of alignment (luxated) since birth. While not debilitating, it did mean I got a LOT of headaches, made it difficult to sleep entire nights, and threw my posture off. I just got it fixed to hopefully relieve these things.

Been too soon to really notice any changes, but my head hasn't hurt quite so much as before,

Erik Sjolin

Back! Yeehaw! Still gotta take it slow for a bit, but at least I can finally work again.

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

yewkis (3x7)

FL pulls (3x5)

weighted chins (4x3 @ 125lbs)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

PPP plus (3x5)

ring flyes (3x5)

XR bicep curls (3x4)

inverted MU (2x3, just past 90 degrees in elbows)

band series

straight bar series

skull crushers (3x7 @ 30lbs)

obscure barbell (3x4 @ 40lbs)

cast wall walks (2x8)

front squats (3x5 @ 145lbs)

NLE (3x5, about 45 degrees)

NLC (3x5, these were tough)

hamstring curl (2x5 @ 200lbs)

stretching

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, Manna, PL)

wall assist pike press (3x3 @ 5lbs)

support to pseudo planche (2x4)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (2x5)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x8, disgustingly hard this time.)

side lever pulls (3x4, half layout)

AG walks (4 rounds)

Erik Sjolin

Nothing special to say this time. Was really tired when I started, and never really picked up pace.