This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Erik's Workout Log, Take 2

Started by Erik Sjolin, August 5, 2011 · 134 Replies · 8,082 Views

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

bottom half of Bower (3x4 on rings)

locust (3x5)

Erik Sjolin

I need a shock collar. Something that will read my thoughts and knock me out whenever I think to try something stupid. Darn MU-BL...long story short, this workout blew chunks. My bicep curls were bad, my weighted pull ups were...well, weak to say the least. Then I went and did some straight bar muscle ups and straddle HS presses...where did that come from?!

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

yewkis (3x5 @ 2.5lbs)

FL pulls (3x5 in false grip)

weighted chins (3x4 @ 90lbs. :( )

stoop HeSPU (4x5)

pelicans (1x4. My wrist and shoulder failed on the second set)

ring flyes (3x5 @ 45 degrees)

weighted dips (3x5 @ 45lbs)

bicep curls (3x4 @ 45lbs. Ugh)

skullcrushers (3x7 @ 55lbs)

shoulder band warm up (2)

straight bar shoulder prehab

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 190lbs)

stretching

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (Straddle L, MSH)

HS pike press against wall (3x3 @ 2.5lbs)

bottom half of Bower (3x4)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body lever (3x10)

side lever half pulls (3x4 half layout)

cast wall walks

PL leans

Erik Sjolin

Had to cut it short today. Ah well.

wrist series

FSP (FL (I think this one may be suffering lately), L-sit, BL)

MU (3x4, wide and narrow)

FL rows (3x4 straddle)

OAC assist (4x2 each side)

stooped HeSPU (3x7)

PPP plus (3x5)

pelicans (3x4 these ones really made my forearms ache)

XR bicep curls (3x3)

scap series

front squats

hamstring curls

Planning on building myself a stand for my pull up bar this weekend, something I can set up in a room should the need arise.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH, PL with light toes on ground)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

HS pike press wall assisted (3x3 @ 2.5lbs)

bottom half of Bower (3x4)

Turns out I won't be able to build that stand this weekend, so I'm kinda bummed. Oh well.

Really been working on external rotation, playing around with other things (ring HS, one arm elbow lever, etc). I'm not really sure when to start lifting the legs in the manna variation, but mastering the rotation is tough enough.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

stooped HeSPU (3x7)

XR dips (3x7)

weighted dips (3x5 @ 45lbs)

Russian L-dips (3x3)

OAOLPU (3x3 each side, index finger assist)

weighted chins (3x3 @ 120lbs)

yewkis (3x7)

FL pulls (3x5 in false grip)

straight bar prehab

shoulder series (band)

bicep curls (4x4 @ 105lbs)

tiger pushups (3x8)

leg extensions/curls

stretching

This took a really long time to do. It was one of those days where it's really hard to get motivated to do anything. Hopefully things will get better in the next few days.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH, PL with toes assisted)

cast wall walks

HS wall runs

These took a little while to get through (but the handstand work went surprisingly well).

Erik Sjolin

Okay! Finally had a day that felt good!

wrist series

FSP (FL, BL, L-sit)

HS pike press against wall (3x3 @ 2.5lbs)

locusts (3x5)

V-ups lift (3x4)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x10)

side lever half pulls (3x4 half lay)

My front levers have sort of plateaued in the last little while. I've been working a lot to close the straddle and make it a full layout, but that little bit is pretty hard to do. Since I have to do them on a rafter surrounded by ceiling tiles, lowering in from a negative is impossible (though it does sort of help with self spotting).

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH kinda playing with elevated, toes assisted PL)

MU (3x4)

FL rows (3x4 straddle)

OAC assist (4x2 each side)

stooped HeSPU (3x7)

PMP (3x5)

PPP plus (3x5)

ring flyes (3x5)

XR bicep curls (3x3)

reverse MU (1x3 negatives)

skullcrushers (3x7 @ 55lbs)

shoulder series (band)

scapula series

front squats (3x5 @ 145lbs)

calf raises (3x14 @ 145lbs)

stretching

Manna work felt really strong today. Still trying to get back to where I was for my reverse MU.

Also, I've been having a lot of trouble getting the chalk to "stick" to the rings. Any suggestions, or just keep applying it?

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-lifts (3x5. Started doing these with fingers back, trying to focus on pressing forward rather than just lifting)

HS pike press w/ wall (3x5)

bottom half of Bower (3x5)

locusts (3x5)

cast wall walks

Things are feeling pretty good today. Might play around with ring HS and PL leans later on. Definitely gotta keep doing the (reverse) planks.

Erik Sjolin

standard workout for me. I wanted to take the post to discuss an exercise I developed/modified based on something I saw in one of ts00nami's videos.

Sitting on the ground, I hold a barbell with an overgrip and, bending forward in a pike, I lift it behind my back in an upside down manna. Both rotation and pressing where very present in the motion, and I felt it may actually be a decent exercise to help develop the manna, like weighted pull ups for front lever.

I kinda want to call in a BTTKC, or "bow to the knee cap" since my forehead was on my legs the whole time. :lol:

Anyway, I'd really like to hear any opinions on it, whether it's worth pursuing or if it's more of a contortion exercise than anything.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit (working on compression now), BL)

V-ups lift (3x4)

pseudo planche hold lifting heels up and down (3x3, tough on chest :shock: )

same thing on rings (3x5 to shoulderstand. Would these be hollowbacks? Never been sure on terminology)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x10)

side lever half pulls (half layout, 3x4 each side)

plus one MU to straddle BL. Didn't hurt nearly as much, but I'm still reluctant to do more, partially because of recent history, and partially because a rip on my wrist makes false grips painful. :x

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (Straddle L, MSH, PL with toes assist)

OAC assist (4x3 each side)

MU (3x4)

FL rows (3x4 straddle)

stooped HeSPU (3x7)

PPP plus (3x5)

Pelicans (3x5)

XR bicep curls (3x3)

ring flyes (3x5)

shoulder series

scapula series

skullcrushers (3x7 @ 55lbs)

Whatever those barbell ones I described earlier were (3x5 @ 30lbs. These were crazy challenging)

front squats (3x5 @ 135lbs)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 90lbs each leg)

stretching

Felt alright today. Started earlier, so it took a little longer to get started.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

cast wall walks

HS wall runs

felt pretty wiped today. Don't think I'll be doing much after that.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, PL tuck with toes assist, MSH (played around with elevation, felt surprisingly strong, but I'm just gonna stick with playing with it for now))

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

HS pike press wall (3x3 @ 2.5lbs)

bottom of Bower (3x3 on floor)

top of hollowback (3x5 on rings, to shoulderstand)

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

yewkis (3x5 @ 2.5lbs)

FL pulls (3x5 in false grip)

OAC assist (4x2 pinkie assist)

weighted chins (3x3 @ 125-115lbs)

stooped HeSPU (3x7)

XR dips (3x7)

weighted dips (3x5 @ 45lbs)

PPP plus/PMP (4x5)

XR flyes (3x5)

shoulder prehab (2 band, straight bar)

that weird one (30lbs seems to be a good, challenging weight for now)

tiger pushups (3x8)

calf raises

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 180lbs)

stretching

I really don't know why I did so much today...way more than I should have done, and honestly, I felt dead afterwards. Oh well.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH (not as strong today), tuck PL toes assist)

V-ups lift (3x4)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x10)

half hollowback to shoulderstand (3x5)

bottom of Bower (3x3)

locusts (3x5)

cast wall walks

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL (straddle. Tough to close those legs), L-sit, BL)

HeSPU stooped (3x7)

PMP (3x5)

Pelicans (3x5)

MU (3x4, most wide)

FL rows (3x4 straddle)

OAC assisted/negative (4x2 each side)

partial inverted MU (3x4)

bicep curls (3x5 @ 100lbs)

skullcrushers (3x7 @ 30lbs each arm)

scapula prehab/shoulder prehab (band)

front squats (3x5 @ 135lbs)

stretching

Felt alright today. I've been on some mild anti-inflammatory's for about a month, but I ran out a couple days ago. Shame, cuz I was really feeling good. No pain for the first time in months!

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (Straddle L, MSH, PL)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

HS pike press wall (3x3 @ 2.5lbs)

hollowback (Pseudo planche to shoulderstand on rings, 3x5)

partial reverse MU (3x4, about 90 degree bend)

I think...aside from a couple play things later on, I'm going to take it easy today. I just really don't feel it right now. Hopefully I'll feel more energetic tomorrow.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle FL (felt really weak today), L-sit, BL)

OAC negatives (5x2 each side)

yewkis (3x7 pause at top)

FL pulls (3x5 false grip)

Front pulls bottom half (3x3 attempt to pause)

russian dips L (3x3)

XR dips (3x7)

PPP plus (3x5)

stooped HeSPU elevated (3x7)

bicep curls (2x3 failed on last set)

those weird barbell ones (3x4 @ 30lbs)

shoulder series (band/single rail)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 180/90/200)

I think those stupid inverted MU attempts have been messing up my pulls, I'm usually stronger than this. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH, PL (these weren't as good today))

cast wall walks

HS wall runs

Probably gonna do some PL leans later on, along with plank and reverse plank.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

bottom half of Bower (3x3)

L-sit lifts (3x5 Gotta stop bailing when I fall back)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x10 finally lowered all the way to horizontal, or at least very close. Something that had lost use suddenly gained some)

side lever half press (3x4 half lay)

Playing around in my kitchen, I hopped into a handstand and lowered through a straddle press to a straddle L...how did that happen?!

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH, PL)

MU (3x4)

partial inverted MU (3x3, about 90 degrees)

FL rows (3x5 straddle)

OAC negatives (5x2 each side)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

PMP (3x5)

ring flyes (3x5)

shoulder/scapula series

bicep curls (105lbs, 3x5)

those weird ones (3x5 @ 30lbs)

tiger pushups (3x8)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 190lbs)

front squats (3x5 @ 145lbs)

stretching

Got some pretty epic forearm splints right now. Still, it was a fairly strong day, so I'm not complaining.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL (straddle statics plus full lay pulls), L-sit, BL)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

pseudo planche locust (3x3)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

support to pseudo planche (3x4)

HS pike press wall assist (3x3 @ 2.5lbs)

cast wall walks

a few AG(ONY) walks chest up

did a little more since I felt better today. The pseudo planche locust is basically a Bower without the press to handstand. Seems like a better name than the stuff I've been calling it.

The supplements I've been taking for the past month have arrived, so hopefully it'll help out with the forearm splints and shoulder twinges I've been getting. Listening to my body, but this helps.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, MSH, PL)

yewkis (3x7, unweighted)

FL pulls (3x5 false grip)

OAC assisted (4x3 each side, pinkie assist)

weighted chins (3x3 @ ~130lbs)

elevated stoop HeSPU (3x7)

PMP (3x5)

OAOLPU (3x3 each side, index finger assistance)

XR bicep curls (3x3)

weird barbell ones (3x5 @ 30lbs)

SLS (3x3 each side)

leg extensions (natural and unnatural) (3x5)

shoulder prehab (2 band, single rail)

stretching

Well, my forearm splints hindered me a bit, but not too much. Those weird ones are decent for some rear deltoid/tricep/etc conditoning, and have kinda helped me understand just how my arms should be in a MSH (because with improper form, it's tough as heck to lift up).