This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Erik's Workout Log, Take 2

Started by Erik Sjolin, August 5, 2011 · 134 Replies · 8,082 Views

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (PL, straddle L, Manna)

cast wall walks

I decided to push my wall runs to Monday so I have a legitimate day of rest today...not really cuz I still did the wall walks.

New cycle coming up. Changes to implement:

FSPs- more time on layout in FL. Still gonna just be playing around with it, but if it's a good day it will be trained. Increase time in BL, PL is pretty much a day by day thing, and Manna work...I dunno. It feels okay, but I've spent a lot of time just working on slowly moving my hands from fingers forward to fingers backward. I think I'm in a good spot now, so we'll see how things progress. Straddle L will be moved between floor and rings.

FBEs- Pulls have been feeling okay. It's difficult to train straight bar MUs since I don't have a straight bar anymore, and the cable machine at the gym I go to has a flat top, so that's kinda cheating. Gonna try and stick to wide grip, though.

The strap on one of my rings has been slipping lately, so I need to find a solution for that. Dips are still a major problem for me. I can do them easily, but they really aggravate my shoulder. HSPU is gonna progress in the fashion I found on a youtube video (user geoffcraft, I think). I really need to focus on keeping my shoulderblades against my ribcage the whole time, and holy hell that is difficult. Press handstands are going to keep on being a casual focus, hopefully a stalder press will be within reach in a few months (negatives are trainable now).

Other things of focus will be inverted MU (slowly increasing ROM), ring HS (not enough room to do them properly, so mainly working on getting into it), and upper body flexibility. This is a huge one. My shoulders suck. No nice way to say it. Problem is, I need to find a way to stretch them without hurting them again.

More to come later on, but I'd say that's decent for a 100th post.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

V-ups lift (3x5)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

pseudo planche locust (3x3)

shoulderstand to pseudo planche (3x5)

cast wall walks (10)

HS Wall runs (10 minutes, new PB on time)

Ag walks

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

knee series

Dillon's band series

FSP (straddle L (FX and XR), PL, MSH)

yewkis (3x5 @ 5lbs)

FL pulls (3x5)

elevated stoop HeSPU (3x7)

dips (3x5 didn't hurt quite as bad)

PMP/PPP plus (4x7)

XR bicep curl (3x4)

inverted MU (2x3 partial ROM)

weighted chins (4x4 @ 90lbs)

Strange barbell (3x4 @ 40lbs, henceforth known merely as Strange)

standing military press (3x5 @ 95lbs)

tiger pushups (3x8)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 210lbs)

stretching

There was some other stuff, but I can't quite remember what it was. I added the military press after a post by Slizzardman on another thread. I've been using barbells to help build some supplementary strength with other movements, so this may help with full ROM instead of just to headstand. Still need to find a proper hand position, since the straight bar makes it difficult to maintain perfect elbow position.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, Lsit, BL)

HS pike press wall assist (3x3 @ 5lbs for all but last set)

support to pseudo planche (3x4)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

HLL (3x8 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x8)

side lever half pulls (3x3 each side, layout)

The body levers and pseudo planche to shoulderstand were particularly difficult lately. Kind of a bummer.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, Manna, PL)

OAC assist (3x3 each side)

MU wide grip (3x4)

FL rows (3x5 straddle)

XR dips (3x5)

ring flyes (3x5)

PMP (3x5)

bicep curls (barbell, 3x4 @ 115lbs)

military press (3x5 @ 95lbs)

skullcrushers (3x10 @ 80lbs, supine)

scapula series

knee series

front squats (3x5 @ 135lbs)

stretching

I think I've been doing a lot more barbell work lately.

Erik Sjolin

Totally forgot yesterday.

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, manna, PL (couldn't even manage a tuck today))

yewkis (3x5 @ 5lbs)

FL pulls (3x5)

weighted chins (4x3 @ 125lbs)

one arm chin on pulley machine (3x2 each side @ 136lbs)

PMP (3x5)

ring flyes (3x5)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

XR bicep curls (3x4)

inverted MU (3x3)

strange (3x4, tough today)

standing military press (3x5 @ 95lbs)

straight bar series

Dillon's band series

Erik Sjolin

Nothing done today.

Combination of rest and because around noon I got so dizzy I couldn't stand up. Been a long time since I went a whole day without doing anything.

I don't like it. :x

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, manna, PL)

HS pike press wall (3x3 @ 5lbs)

pseudo planche locust (3x3)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x8)

side lever half pulls (3x3 each side)

cast wall walks (9, 8)

HS wall runs (10 min)

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL (managed a slight sloppy layout today), BL, L-sit)

FL rows (3x5 straddle)

OAC assist (3x3)

MU (3x4)

PMP (3x5)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

ring flyes (3x5)

barbell bicep curl (3x4 @ 115lbs)

skullcrusher (3x8 @ 70lbs)

windshield wipers (3x10)

scapula series

front squats (3x5 @ 155lbs)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 210 lbs)

knee series

stretching

I've noticed that there's certain things that I always intend to do, but only manage to remember to do sometimes (a couple band series, PL leans, XR HS, etc). If I did them all, I might burn myself out, but not doing them is no good either.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (straddle L, PL, manna)

support to pseudo planche (3x4)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

V-ups lift (3x4)

AG walks

It was a little slow to start today. Also did some PL leans and reverse planks.

I feel I should say a bit about my job. Been working as a tire tech for about two months now, and let me say that it's a pretty good way to get some strength. Toss semi tires around for a bit (actually toss them, no team lifting), and you'll feel it!

Erik Sjolin

Phew. This one took a bit.

wrist series

FSP (FL (sloppy layout, but whatever), BL, L-sit)

weighted chin up (4x3 @ 125lbs)

yewkis (3x5 @ 5lbs)

FL pulls (3x5)

stooped elevated HeSPU (3x7)

military press (3x5 @ 95lbs)

weighted push ups (3x5 @ 80lbs)

ring flyes (3x5 in straddle)

Strange (3x5 @ 25lbs)

XR bicep curl (3x4)

inverted MU (2x3 slightly past 90 degrees)

band series (Dillon's and other)

straight bar series

stretching

coercion into wall climbing afterwards

Front lever is definitely feeling stronger. Not "full layout on a monster truck" strong, but strong. After reading about ways to add resistance to push ups, I wanted to test myself. At 80lbs on a weight belt, I felt I still could have gone further, but it'll take a bit of time to really get dialed in to where I should train (or if I should train it).

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (PL, straddle L, manna)

HS pike press wall (3x3 @ 5lbs)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x8)

side lever pulls (3x3 each side, layout)

cast wall walks (9,8)

PL leans (3x30s)

Played around with a few press handstands as well. Not really sure if I should be doing them for reps or trying to do a full Stalder.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL (sloppy layout and straddle), L-sit, BL)

OAC (negatives, assist 3x3)

MU (3x4)

FL rows (3x5)

stooped elevated HeSPU (3x7)

PMP (3x7)

dips (3x7)

barbell bicep curls (3x4 @ 115lbs)

tiger pushups (3x8)

scapula series

Dillon's band series

knee series

front squats (3x5 @ 155lbs)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 210lbs)

stretching

various other things (a few press HS, ring stuff, etc)

Erik Sjolin

Aside from the FSP, nothing.

Did weigh myself, though. 187lbs.

Came as a bit of a surprise, since I hadn't gained any weight since the tenth grade. Might make me look a little less anemic, but still...shocker.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

V-ups lift (3x4)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

pseudo planche locust (3x5)

cast wall walks (9,8)

HS wall runs (10 mins)

AG walks (4 rounds)

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (PL, straddle L, manna (I think I figured out how to do the MSH properly. Just gotta build now))

yewkis (3x5 @ 5lbs)

FL pull (3x5)

weighted chins (4x3 @ 125lbs)

PMP (3x7)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

ring flyes (3x5)

military press (3x5 @ 95lbs)

Strange (3x5 @ 25lbs)

straight bar series

Dillon's band series

knee series

front squats (3x5 @ 155lbs)

PL leans

Press HS strength and flexibility kinda down today...I gotta start doing some shoulder stuff, since that is a huge weak point for me.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

HS pike press @ wall (3x3 @ 5lbs)

support to pseudo planche (3x4)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x8)

side lever (3x3 each side, layout)

So I need some advice. I may make another thread for it, but hey, if I can get any answers here it'll save space. :)

I really want to strengthen my press HS (working to Stalder press now), what are the best ways to do that? Incrementally increasing the range, working reps of standing, pressing onto something higher than the ground and just working on pressing from a straddle L to a standing straddle are some of my thoughts on how to do it. Also, shoulder flexibility.

It's bad. Really bad. With that "injury" last year, I've been really nervous about working that area, but I think it's time to get cracking. I'm gonna be looking through the notes from last seminar, but if anyone has any thoughts that aren't on the forum, they'd be greatly appreciated. :D

Erik Sjolin

Shoulder twinged today.

FSP (PL, manna, straddle L)

knee series

back squats (3x5 @ 205lbs)

calf raises (3x10 @ 135lbs)

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 210lbs)

running

stretching

Decided to push my planned workout back to Saturday, since I was worried about my shoulder getting hurt again. I think the inlocates/dislocates are gonna have to wait for now. Also, I need to stop mentioning them when talking to people about my exercise program, because they hear "dislocate" and immediately go :shock: :( :cry: and tell me not to do it.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

support to pseudo planche (3x4)

cast wall walks

PL leans

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (PL, manna, straddle L)

HS wall press (3x3 @ 5lbs)

pseudo planche locust (3x3)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x8)

side lever (3x3 each side)

cast wall walks (10, 8 )

HS wall runs (10 min)

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

yewkis (3x5 @ 5lbs)

FL pulls (3x5)

reverse yewkis (3x5)

weighted chins (4x3 @ 130lbs)

inverted MU (3x3 just past 90 degrees)

elevated stoop HeSPU (3x7)

PMP (3x7)

ring flyes (3x5)

weighted push ups (3x5 @ 90lbs)

Strange (3x5 @ 25lbs)

Dillon's band series

straight bar series

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 210lbs)

stretching

Inverted MU are tough. I wonder if I should be working them, or working through the MU to BL instead.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (PL, manna, straddle L)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

support to pseudo planche (3x5)

AG walks

PL leans

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (PL, manna, straddle L)

HS wall press (3x3 @ 5lbs)

pseudo planche to shoulderstand (3x5)

HLL (3x7 @ 5lbs)

body levers (3x8)

side levers (3x3 each side)

cast wall walks

PL leans

played with a few Stalder negatives

Going to be revising my weights in the workout next time around. Turning the partial reverse MU to complete negatives attempting to hold the weak position, possibly work the transition when I get to it, barbell curls become dumbell/cable machine curls, but I'm thinking I'll keep the military presses in tandem with my HSPU progressions. (Hopefully) help build the bottom part of the ROM until I'm strong enough to train that freebalancing as well.

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (FL, L-sit, BL)

V-ups lift (3x4)

L-sit lifts (3x5)

pseudo planche locusts (3x3)

shoulderstand to pseudo planche (3x5)

cast wall walks

HS wall runs

stretches

Erik Sjolin

wrist series

FSP (PL, Straddle L, Manna)

MU (3x4)

OAC (3x3 each side, assisted)

FL rows (3x5)

inverted MU negatives (1x3)

XR dips (3x7)

elevated stooped HeSPU (3x7)

PMP (3x7)

military press (3x5 @ 105lbs)

Bower negatives (3x3)

scapula series

Dillon's band series

hamstring curls (3x5 @ 200lbs)

stretching

PL leans

other stuff, but I forget what it was.