This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Falcon's Log

Started by Falcon, March 6, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,808 Views

Falcon

4 rounds:

4 PB Dips +16kg

3 18kg Wrist curl + 5 10kg reverse curl

4 XR Dips

3 18kg Biceps Curl

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D HELL YEAH - added 1 round coz it wasnt enough.

Now I understand meaning of word beastmode :D seems like good things are going to happen :D

Next time:

More weight on Dips

Do "something" with wrist curls

XR Dips??

Falcon

Maybe this isn't the right place to write this, but anyway, this could have interesting influence on my training.

I broke up with my GF, this time it's finally completely over, last few weeks were like "Your dog is dead, but you can still keep it.".

Last time this had happened to me, pushed me this far. Because of the motivation, drive, everything. From nothing, to here. Let's see what will happen now.

5 Rounds:

4 Tuck FL Row 4kg

4 Tuck Planche Pushups

5 Ring Fly Kneeling

5 XR PPP

Falcon

Squat Clinic

Cossack Hip Mobility

4 Rounds:

10s L-sit 2kg

8 SLS

4 Half GHR

4 Dragon Flag SL

Finish with: Pike/Straddle Compresion, Weighted Pike, Leg Extensions, PNF Splits.

Falcon

Am I getting weaker at BLs or something? Everyone got 10+ full holds, but I think it's the grip, I can hold it only palms down.

Warmup

5x 2-3s Full BL

Cluster HeSPU

3 sets:

5 - 3 - 2

Cluster Weighted XR Pullup

3 sets:

17kg, 17kg, 17kg, 17kg, 17kg

18kg, 18kg, 18kg, 18kg, 18kg

20kg, 20kg, 18kg, 18kg, 18kg - 15 seconds - 20kg

Falcon

News!

Tried some tuck planches today, still problems with keeping my hips in line with shoulders, damn those shoulders.

But.

My right forearm is healed, and my left is absolutely destroyed, that pain is still persisting, seems like I have to find out what is keeping that forearm from healing.

Falcon

5 reps x 3 sets Half BL pull

4 rounds:

4 PB Dips +18kg

3 18kg Wrist curl + 5 8kg reverse curl

5 XR Dips

3 18kg Biceps Curl

HELLYEAH

One theory - my weaker statics could be because of the weight gain in the last month, Im now 65-66kg by day, month ago I was about 64 (It really feels like having 2kg plate attached to myself)

Parth Rajguru

Some good work being done here. If I may, I'd like to make a few suggestions though:

1. Your weighted work seems to be be without a purpose. Why are you working weighted PB Dips when you could be working XR Dips? You should focus your energy and recovery on one or the other. Weighting a tuck FL row will not help you advance to a flat tuck FL row and so on. Build proficiency(work capacity) with a movement, then progress to harder movements. PB Dips to XR Dips to RTO Dips and HeSPU to HSPU. Same for weighted pull ups. After you are proficient with it, move on. From chin ups and pull ups, to muscle ups and front lever row variations, to assisted OAC work and rope climbs. Build volume with a skill, then intensify.

2. Focus on Tuck Planche Push Ups instead of PPP's.

3. Alternate Accumulation and Intensification phases, and deload regularly. Search for posts from the user 'Ido Portal' on the subject.

Making these simple changes should allow you to make some faster progress. Again, you're doing great work, and hard work and consistency are the most important ingredients for progress. Good luck.

Falcon

Thanks for visiting. You seem to know lot about this stuff.

1. I'm just doing weighted PB dips to get stronger overall in the shoulders, as my pressing is really bad. I want to hit pullup with 70% of BW before I move on to direct OAC work, as it's not my primary goal.

2. Any experience from benefiting more from tuck PL pushups than PPP? I like to keep both in my workouts to progress faster with planches, my goals for the next 6 months are only straddle planche and full FL.

3. I'm already on this kind of periodization :)

Will edit in today's workout later.

60s Tuck Planche

60s SL FL

(6x10s)

4 Rounds:

5 Tuck FL Row 4kg (some unweighted in adv tuck)

5 Tuck Planche Pushups

5 Half Ring Fly Kneeling

5 XR PPP

4 sets:

4 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 6kg

5 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 8kg

5 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 8kg

4 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 8kg

Parth Rajguru

Get stronger for what? Have a goal in mind, for example, if you want more overhead pressing strength, you would build strength differently than if you wanted horizontal pushing strength. If your goal is pressing strength, you'll get more out of HeSPUs, Ring Dips, and Tuck Planche Push Ups than you will with weighted PB Dips and PPPs. PPPs are easy to cheat on and engage the wrong musculature with, which is why I prefer Tuck Planche Push Ups. Neither will get you to a straddle planche. Bent arm strength(push ups) will not improve straight arm strength(planche) to any significant degree. They are progressions to planche push ups however, for which a static planche hold is required. I don't see a whole lot of planche work being done. If it's a goal, you should be working it 2-3 times per week.

For pulling, atleast work on muscle ups or build some volume with front lever rows. Start with false grip pull ups and russian dips for a couple weeks. Work in slow negatives after. Shouldn't take more than 6 weeks with your level of strength. Sternum chins and muscle ups are good goals to have. From there, work rope assisted OACs. If it's not a primary goal, don't train it as often as planche and front lever.

I pulled +75# in a chin up at 145# bodyweight within 3 months of training from simply training chin ups and tuck FL rows with intensification and accumulation cycles.

You may benefit from doing supersets instead of circuits. An example would be:

A1. False Grip Pull Ups 2-4 reps/ 6 sets/ 40X1 tempo/ 60s rest

A2. Russian Dips 2-4 reps/ 6 sets/ 41X0 tempo/ 60s rest

B1. Ring Dips 3-5 reps/ 5 sets/ 31X2 tempo/ 90s rest

B2. Tuck FL Rows 3-5 reps/ 5 sets/ 31X2 tempo/ 90s rest

Falcon

For straddle planche and FL, and overall stronger.

I already can do false grip pullups, muscle ups, and sternum chinups...

I like your idea but it didn't work for me, I need to work on basic strenght sets, or cluster sets, shifting volume and intensity, on basic exercises, I progress much faster this way.

As for today I won't do legs, because yesterday I did some hard tricking on mats, and today's DOMS are pretty brutal, moves:

Standing BF

Standing Webster

RO-BF

Back Handspring

Hook Kick

Tornado Kick

Punch Frontflip

Tons of these, today DOMS:

Quads, Calves, Lower Back (S. posterior?), Maybe traps a little bit.

I'll maybe go through rehab/prehab/stretching session today, if I do, I'll edit it in later.

Squat Clinic

Cossack Hip Mobility

Hip Extensions

XR Power Splits

Weighted Standing Pike + Straddle Compression

Splits Transitions

Contrast baths - legs only - 8 minutes, start with cold, end with cold, switch every minute.

DOMS in legs are less painful after the baths, but lower back is still on fire (Because Im a such a pussy and can't do whole body contrast showers) (maybe later, haha :D)

Falcon

Cluster HeSPU

5 - 3 - 2

2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2

1 - 1 - failure

Cluster Weighted Pullups, true 1RM - 20kg

2 (F*CK YES, went for 3, but failed at 90°) - 1 - 1 - Failure at 90°

1-1-1-1-1

1-1-1-1(went for 2, missed)-30s-1-15s-1(debt from the first set)

I really don't like HeSPUs, same way I don't like everything that could be easily done in bad form - as for HeSPU, excessive arching. I will have to build up into freestanding HeSPUs WITHOUT doing Wall HeSPUs at all - they don't help.

Ideas as for now:

Weighted HS holds

Long Freestanding holds

HS Runs

Heavier One Arm presses

Falcon

Hell yeah, got about 3kg of Scitec whey from my friend for a ridiculous price (about 10$), Will save that for mon and tue, and then for another accumulation phase.

Plans for the next week:

Monday - Workout, shoot for 4x 20kg dips

Tuesday - Workout, harder straight arm presses, better planche pushups

Wednesday - Tumbling, focus on websters, try to straighten RO-BF, harder punches after roundoffs.

Thursday - Deload, easy legs, maybe just stretching

Friday - Deload, freestanding HS work, some light pullups.

Saturday - Video - Ring strenght series 3

Sunday - Measuring new maxes

If I'll do any (p)rehab today, I'll edit it in here.

Falcon

Warmup

5x5s BL

4 Rounds:

4 PB Dips +20kg

5 (8 L) 18kg Wrist curl + 5 3kg Rev. Wrist Curl

4 XR Dips (Perfect form)

3 18kg Biceps Curl (Again strictest form possible)

Finish with 2x10 Stick Dislocates

Noticed few things:

Wrist curls - my left arm is significantly weaker

Biceps curls - left forearm hurts after dropping the weight

the conclusion: it's in forearm flexors. No other possibility!

Falcon

90s Planche Lean (second line)(my own marking)

70s SL FL

(6x10s)

4 Rounds:

3 Adv. T. FL Row

5 PB Tuck PL PU

5 Half Ring Fly Kneeling

4 XR PPP

10 Wrist Curls 14kg

4 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg (pause 3s in each position) - 1:30 min. rests.

4 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg

4 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg

4 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg

Falcon

Moving slightly 66ish KG in the morning, seems like we're going in the right direction.

Accumulation Start:

80s Planche Lean (second line)(my own marking)

80s Bar Adv. FL

(10s)

5 Rounds:

3 Adv. T. FL Row

4 PB Tuck PL PU

10 Wrist Curls 14kg

4 Ring Bent-arm Pelican (height: short stick) (my own measurement)

4 XR PPP

4 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg (pause 3s in each position) - 1:30 min. rests.

5 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg

5 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg

11 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg (without pauses)

Falcon

OAC

5x10s each arm top hold

5 Rounds:

6 XR DIPS

4 Bulgarian Pullups

5x2 One Arm Press 18kg

Finish with 2x10 Stick Dislocates

Forearm totally drained me today, no motivation to work out, and saving most of my energy for another PL/FL workout.

Falcon

Mobility Warmup

4 Rounds:

10s L-sit 2kg

SLS - 7L negative, 3R

7 Half GHR

2kg HeS RLL

SL Calf Raises 30 each 16kg

Finish with Hip Extensions, PNF Splits.

said and done.

forearm is totally crushed, hurts even when Im pressing my hand into the floor. I'm such an asshole.

Falcon

80s Planche Lean (second line)(my own marking)

80s XR Adv. FL

(10s)

5 Rounds:

4 Adv. T. FL Row

4 XR PPP

10 SL Dragon Flag

5 Ring Bent-arm Pelican (height: short stick) (my own measurement)

5 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg (pause 3s in each position) - 1:30 min. rests.

5 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

5 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg

5 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

5 Maltese - Planche Dumbbell press 7kg

5 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

Max out BL-ML-PL press 7kg (without pauses) 10 reps

Max out Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press 14 reps

Feels good man.

Falcon

80s Planche Lean (second line)(my own marking)

80s XR Adv. FL

(10s)

5 Rounds:

5 Adv. T. FL Row

5 XR PPP

8 Negative Body Lever

5 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg (pause 3s in each position) - 1:30 min. rests.

5 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

5 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg

5 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

Max out BL-ML-PL press 7kg (without pauses) 12 reps

Max out Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press 17 reps

Had to remove one set of presses, time schedule broken :P

Falcon

5 Rounds:

6 XR Dips

4 Tuck L-Sit XR Pullups

6x2 One Arm Press 18kg

HS Run 60s x 30s rest, 10 sets

Some just HS holds, some half runs, some full runs...

No Dislocates, forgot about them :(

Falcon

Ehm so.

Food poisoning. Abdominal cramps for more than 2 days, it started on Wednesday morning. Still eating though. I don't want to stress my body with excess of POW food, so today only leg mobility + leg stretching, hopefully my condition tomorrow morning will tell me if I can bang out another workout.

BTW.

Held about 3s Straddle FL today, pretty nice. Decent for the training I've been through in the last 2 weeks.

Falcon

80s Tuck PL (Yang Wei grip)

80s XR Adv. FL

(10s)

5 Rounds:

4 Adv. T. FL Row / 4 T. FL Row (dropset, basically)

8 XR PPP Kneeling (Humble Pieeee! :D)

10 Negative Body Lever

5 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg (pause 2s in each position) - 1:30 min. rests.

5 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

5 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg

5 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

5 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg

5 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

Max out BL-ML-PL press 7kg (without pauses) 13 reps

Max out Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press 20 reps

Falcon

Damn it! 65.4kg after breakfast... Diarrhea is doing it's job, hopefully that wasn't all muscle since I was eating like hell :D + woken up at 5 AM with brutal cluster headache on left side of my head, had some paracetamol to let me sleep, cos I was decided to knock myself unconscious if it didn't stop :D

Gotta work extra hard next week, I'll try straddle FL today and film myself, video in 5 hours hopefully.

Falcon

Held a bad straddle FL, no video.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I can do muscle ups, and lean forward with little to NO pain in my left forearm, MUs are completely painless. Maybe Ring strenght test and video tomorrow!

100s PL lean

100s XR Adv. FL

6x4 Ice Cream Makers

(10s)

6 Rounds:

5 Adv. T. FL Row / 4 T. FL Row

8 XR PPP Kneeling

5 Body lever as low as possible

6 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg (pause 2s in each position) - 1:30 min. rests.

6 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

6 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg

6 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

6 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg

6 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

6 Maltese - Planche - Back Lever Dumbbell press 7kg

6 Victorian - Front Lever 7kg Dumbbell press

Falcon

Two Ring Series

mx8RzZo5MZs

Three Rounds:

8 XR Dips

2x5 Tuck L-Sit XR Pullups (broken set)

8 Partial Undergrip Koreans (Legs touching wall at end of the rep) (safety 1st)

6x2 One Arm Press 18kg

Oh yeah :P Back in black.