This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Falcon's Log

Started by Falcon, March 6, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,808 Views

Falcon

Going light

Stretching session

5x10reps plank Jacknife - scaled

5x8reps Archer

3x8reps biceps curl 14kg - 2x8reps hammer curls 14kg

Biceps rehab/prehab session, strenght hyperthorphy oriented. felt good.

Falcon

Watched my handstand on tape, this was the last bit, I'm on myo hypethrophy routines, even if gaining mass would mean only improvement of my self-confidence.

5x8 XR Pullups 5kg

5x6 HeSPU lower free, up wall.

2x2min 5kg wall HS

Falcon

Yesteday:

Four rounds:

30 sec Jump Rope

10 Broad Jumps

30 sec Jump Rope

8 Jumping Squats 10kg

30 sec Jump Rope

20 SL Calf Raises 20kg

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to total loss of motivation because of personal problems I'm not working out till Monday, until then I will recover, study periodization, which I'll be using from monday on, and trying to fix everything I did wrong. I can be such a stupid idiot sometimes.

Josh Schmitter

Hey falcon. It's the raven...ah, I mean the blue canary...I always mess that one up. Alas, but I jest. Anyways, just finally getting around to checking out most of the 1st page WO logs, and you are #2 for me. You have a lot of stuff especially in the pre/rehab that I want to eventually incorporate as well(pike comp, more band work, etc.) so I'll definitely be stopping in every now and again. Also that GVT workout was nuts. I hope it was hard as crap, 'cause you didn't have enough 'hard as crap' inflection in your writing :).

Falcon said:
Due to total loss of motivation because of personal problems I'm not working out till Monday, until then I will recover, study periodization, which I'll be using from monday on, and trying to fix everything I did wrong. I can be such a stupid idiot sometimes.

I hear this x10. I imagine they are different personal problems(although who knows, perhaps we are soul mates, ha) but I was debating on doing this as well. Still might, but as of now I'm going to rock it tomorrow and Saturday if all goes well. I need to retest my FSP pre reqs(not even working on regular ones yet, unless in WOD) to see if I'm pushing too hard as well. Too many words, verbosity is my closest enemy.

Falcon

Yesteday light legs:

4x10 SLS (assisted) alternating legs

4x7 NLC (getting better as hell!!!!!!)

Hardcore stretching.

Thanks man for stopping by!

As for the GVT, I still don't know what was that, but I have one crazy theory!:

Those were 2 workouts I did in Italy on my vacation, I was pretty much rested, I had some sound nutrition (Meat + tons of rice and veggies), a lot of water, and some whey + glucose, although I think I ran out of whey when I did that second GVT, that would mean I used only milk post workout.

Some other things to consider - I did that workout on terrace, my pullup bar was some angular (I dunno if this is the right word for that - it just wasn't round) bar from sunblind (Same here, it was the large... oh whatever http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/sunblind.jpg/ this is the photo of the terrace, just so you know, I worked out on the right side, using the white wall for HS and the bar which is not visible from here for the pulls. (ignore my father lying on the bed)

So, I was on an OK-diet, meaning reasonably paleo, I was lightly supplemented, and well rested, but, even though, I threw two workouts which would be hard even now, almost or exactly two months later, and yes, I did sweat, grunt, and fatique back then, but it wasn't impossible, and I enjoyed it. How?

I have a very dark skin, compared to my other kids around here or in my school, so I tan easily, and I don't burn much. At that time everyone of the people, my father and his girlfriend included, were using sunblocks, (I don't think my dark skin is in my father's genes, as long as I can remember, I've never seen him tan, only red :lol: ) After some time, I stopped using sunblocks and started sunbathing a LOT! During that time, I threw those two GVTs, and after that I had some shocking results, It almost litterally looked like I made progress overnight. This is the photo from one of the days in Italy, I guess it was even BEFORE I started to spend hours in the afternoon sun. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/54 ... italy.jpg/ as you can see, I'm pretty lean, I loke pretty much like that even now, I was lean for my whole life, but I digress.

Does this sunbathing and sudden improvement in peformance ring a bell? It could be vitamin D. Yes, it could be also the rest, proper amounts of sleep, but I wasn't eating that much, I was eating about 2000 calories a day. But after some truly crazy long sunbathing, when I ended up tan as hell, I had this performance spike. That is my latest theory and I shared right now everything I had recently in my mind. That's for the GVTs.

Now for the prehab stuff... This is just basic layout, I don't do it exactly like that anymore, but I still do Ido's routines in my warmup. I like them. I will be writing a new post on Sunday or Monday for the stretching and prehab.

I also am 8 weeks in my SSC and I'm still not deloaded. I will wait another month, also, my new workout plan starts on monday, I'm going to return to my previous workouts, and enhance them in some ways.

As for the personal problems, well, that will clear up on Saturday, hopefully everything will be better, so I can focus on my workouts and performance again.

This was kinda long but I had to write down everything I had on my mind :D Again, thanks for stopping by :) I will have a look on your log as soon as my schedule allows me, which will be probably today's evening! :D

Josh Schmitter

Not long at all. Always appreciate a full response without the filler. I have been taking about 6000iu of Vit. D myself for a little while now. I might have to rock the Poliquin protocol like Slizz and others of the mega-dosing...you're story just adds to my reasons to try it out :). Hope the personal problems are resolved, as they always effect training no matter how you try to separate them.

As far as the deloading, I believe I was working too hard this past cycle as it has been about 12 weeks and I had to deload manually by taking out some volume/intensity this week. Everything felt really good doing this...it could be that I had some sleep issues during this cycle as well. I also believe I was hitting the WOD's too hard, max effort too much. I am pretty sure that the WOD's have deloads worked if scaled correctly, but I might be wrong. I'll have to check through the forum/make a post about it if I don't find anything. Testing 3 FSP pre-reqs tomorrow, 3 Tuesday. We'll see. Thanks again for the thorough response.

Falcon

You're right, I have to find vitamin D pills with more than 400 IU that I have now.

Ah, Saturday, drinks, party, and my personal problems are solved, well, in the good way :D Motivated and happy once again.

Accumulation start:

Dipping/curling

8x6 PB Dips +11kg

6x6 Negative Inverted Muscle Up

4x5 XR Dips

8x6 16kg Biceps Curl

effed.

Josh Schmitter
Falcon said:
You're right, I have to find vitamin D pills with more than 400 IU that I have now.

Ah, Saturday, drinks, party, and my personal problems are solved, well, in the good way :D Motivated and happy once again.

They are super cheap, mine are 2000iu and they go a lot higher I believe in single pills even. Glad to hear all is well.

Falcon

Legs/Core/Lower back:

5 sets:

15s FX Lsit

10 SLS

5 3kg HeS RLL

6 Half GHR

10 tuck Windshield wipers XR

Falcon

Strenght fluctuation, even after rest day (?!)

No workout, just prehab/rehab session, light exercises, I think this is almost first time in my life I do this instead of workout.. I hope it's normal :(:D

Falcon

4 Rounds:

6 XR Pullup 8kg

10 Box HeSPU

8 XR Pullup

7 PPP

Uh well... I guess it was enough.

Just for the record:

1st November

1RM Pullups: 20kg

1RM Dips: 20kg

Counting 18kg as 1RM, just for safety.

EDIT:

It is official, I can planche again! almost 20s tuck hold today.

With using special backwards grip, which I've seen Yang Wei was using, I can put all of the pressure on biceps tendon, which has been well prepared, and my forearms get a rest, before I strenghten them. Need more deltoid strenght ASAP.

Falcon

9x5 PB Dips +10kg

6x5 Negative Inverted Muscle Up (switched to XR curls -- less ego, more strenght)

20s rest

10x5 PB Pseudo Maltese Lean Dip

8x5 14kg Biceps Curl (10 if I'll handle it(did 14kg 8 reps, left my ego outside the room)

2min rest

Falcon

3 rounds:

20s Hollow Hold 3kg

12 SLS

5 HeS RLL 3kg

7 Half GHR

10 SL Dragon Flag

24 SL Calf Raise 17kg

Falcon

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=230 ... =2&theater

Decent

Someone please come over here and kick me in the face so I'll stretch myself today... won't do it anyway...

Gotta do something with my workouts, I think I'm pushing too hard and my body can't take it anymore, I'm constantly at 90%, 100% of power after 2 days full of rest...

Falcon

5 Rounds:

7 XR PPP

10 Kneeling Jacknife

10 Kneeling Ring Fly

8 Hammer Curls 14kg

66.01kg today after school, that means ~64kg (had big lunch today at the school)

The Hammer Curls were kinda swingy and Ring Flyes are hard as hell!

Falcon

5 rounds:

6 XR Pullup 8kg

8 FX PPP

10 XR Ice Cream Makers

10x2 One Arm Press 14kg

Finish with 2x10 Wall Extensions, 2x10 Dislocates

BRUTAL!!! Stuggled with the last round for about 12 minutes. Did feel very good.

Note to self: PPPs easy, more lean or weight next time.

Dislocates and shoulder flexibility rapidly improving, sice I have imported 20 dislocates in my warmup.

Uzeeh

It's fun to see some other young guy's blog! I'm fifteen. You're definitely strong. i find it quite funny how 14kg is like a child's toy for me in one-handed presses, and yet I'm not even close to HesPus, or kneeling ring flies like you are :D How tall are you, exactly?

Oh, and how did you do the ice cream makers - straddle, tuck?

Falcon

I think I'm about 180cm

14kg is light weight for me also, I was using it for about 10 reps, I can press about 20kg with good form and do HeSPUs, the thing is, what always feels light when you're rested, feels harder in your workout. Especially if you have long workouts :D That being 14kg is about 75% of my 1RM.

The Ice cream makers were half lay, it's kinda hard to bang out 10 reps like that, I had to broke the set sometimes.

Uzeeh

Ah, I see. 20-25kg is my max for one-handed presses as well :) I'm 187cm and 73kg, so you're pound per pound way stronger than I am. Perhaps my HesPus will start working when my one-handed presses get to 25-30kg :D

Half-lay ice-cream makers are no easy task, 10 reps is very good in my opinion. It's very inspiring to read how you've come from chin-up negatives to half-lay ICM's in less than a year.

Falcon

I also like my progress! Hopefully it will be the same in the next 6 months.

Today rest day, yesterday, I did fight against heavy DOMS, and did 30s Lsit, 30s Lsit, and 20-25s Lsit (the soreness killed me on that one)

My L-sit max is near or at 40 seconds.

Measuring my BL max maybe today, the DOMS are still there, so it won't be that easy.

I will program my next SSC today and start tomorrow, as of now, my 6 months race to straddle planche begins, if I will be successful, I will bust out S PL in 6 months and one week, exactly on my birthday, man, that would be too awesome.

Tuck planche max at about 20 seconds as of now, I'm still debating using it as SSC every session, or just on rest days.

I need more shoulder and pressing strenght for that, I will construct my dream machine by christmas so I can work harder presses for my shoulders like that.

Also I'm looking for new weight plates, so I will be able to use more weight on one arm presses, that movements feels very good on the shoulders!!!

EDIT: Seems like no max holds today, strange, I can't contract my muscles enough to hold full BL or even straddle or half BL comfortably, same goes for other FSPs, DAMN IT!

Falcon

10x5 PB Dips +10kg

9x5 14kg Biceps Curl

7x5 PB Pseudo Planche Lean Dip

8x5 14kg Wrist Curl + 10x5 6kg Reverse Curl

Ohhh yeah!

Uzeeh

How long do you rest between your sets? Just curious :)

Falcon
Uzeeh said:
How long do you rest between your sets? Just curious :)

Ummm, something like, 2 minutes - 3 minutes max.

OKAY NEW GOALS:

End of April 2012

5s Full Front Lever

5s (Or hold) Straddle Planche

As simple as that. Now let's roll.

Falcon

7 XR Pullup 8kg

8 FX PPP

6 XR Ice Cream Makers - Half

10x2 One Arm Press 14kg

ouch.

Falcon

Need to hit this one quick and hard

Squat Clinic

10x5 SLS

7x5 Half GHR

Finish with Hip Extensions, PNF Splits