This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Falcon's Log

Started by Falcon, March 6, 2011 · 224 Replies · 10,808 Views

Falcon

Currently 141lbs., 5ft11", 16 years old, Parkour practicioner for almost year and a half, looking like an underfed kid (although its better than few weeks before :roll: )

As of today, my 3rd week of my first SSC is over, I'm currently using the Killroy template, slightly altered.

Goals, trying to achieve them before the summer holidays, that means I still have 4 months, and a few days:

Add muscle mass

Gain strenght

Keep low % of Body fat

-Full BL

-Straddle FL

-60s Full L Sit, preferably on floor

-Muscle up, no kip

Day 1 - Monday

FSP - BL, FL, R.Support, HS, Lsit. 8 sets of each

--------------------------------------------

6x5 XR Pushups

4x5 XR Bulgarian Pushups

4x5 FX PPP elevated

5x5 XR elevated Row w. false grip

3x5 XR Bulgarian Row

Day 2 - Wednesday

FSP - BL, FL, R.Support, HS, Lsit. 8 sets of each

--------------------------------------------

6x5 PB Negative Dips

4x5 XR Curl in tuck

3x5 PB Dips

3x5 XR curl in pike

Day 3 - Friday

FSP - BL, FL, R.Support, HS, Lsit. 8 sets of each

--------------------------------------------

4x5 XR Pull Up

4x5 Tiger Push up

3x5 Negative HeSPU

4x5 Negative Pull up w. 5s hold

Day 4 - Saturday

FSP - BL, FL, R.Support, HS, Lsit,AdvFrgstnd. 8 sets of each

--------------------------------------------

5x5 Wall Walks

3x5 PB Dips

3x5 Pull Up from dead hang, 5 s. hold, then negative.

3x5 Negative XR Muscle Up

FSPs

Low L-sit...............15 sec. hold - 25 sec. rest (PB)

Back Lever tuck.......20 sec. hold - 30 sec. rest

Advanced Frogstand..8 sec. hold - 20sec. rest

Ring Support.......... 15 sec. hold - 20 sec. rest

Front Lever tuck......8 sec. hold - 15 sec. rest

Handstand.............20 sec. hold - 15 sec. rest (wall)

Warmup:

Some general dynamic stretches (arms)

60s Arch

60s Hollow

a few HS

10 FX pushups

Wheelson

Falcon I looked over here in order to get an idea of what your current strength level is.

You have more than enough strength to complete the WOD's with appropriate scaling. It's up to you whether you want to do them or not, but I had almost the exact same strength level and workout plan as you a year or so ago, and I can say through experience that it was not the correct schedule for me. just my .02 again

-Will

Falcon

Is WOD working like a steady state cycle? Because I'm afraid of overtraining, or getting tendonitis.

I will think about switching to WOD in about 5 weeks, when I finish this steady state cycle.

I also think that I can't develop static holds so fast with WOD's than with my current template, but I'm new to this, so maybe you're more experinced in this, as I posted, my goals are non kipping MU, Full BL and at least straddle FL in 4 months, do you think that is realistic or not?

Newguy

Nope, because you scale the WOD's every time you do them they vary, a SSC is where it is the exact same workout everytime. However in a sense you can make the WOD's into a SSC if you want to by everytime a workout comes up repeatedly (They repeat eachother periodically) You do the exact same thing, scaled to the exact point that you did before. And if you do this for 8-10 weeks, it will work under the same concept as a SSC.

Falcon

I'm off today to one of the biggest gymnastic facilities in this country, unfortunately I can be there only for 2 days, and 2 hours of gym everyday. I hope I can re-learn my roundoff backtuck, and hopefully learn some new tumbling and bar moves 8)

This is 5th week of my SSC, I think I can already hold tuck BL very easily for 60 or more seconds, but I'm still not moving to the flat tuck, my FL is totally crap, it's much harder than BL. Ring support is getting solid now, can hold 8 sets of 15sec. with rings turned out, pretty hard on my pectorals and biceps.

I haven't changed my plan yet, and I'm not changing it for the next 3 weeks till the SSC ends, and then I'll see if I switch to WOD, or not.

Falcon

The pulley system is great! I've managed to pull out full BL, FL, strap HS, iron cross (kind of) and a wide muscle up... really fun.

Today's training was quite dissapointing, its almost end of 5th week of my SSC, and my pulling strenght is tragic, when I'm absolutely fresh, and warmed up, I can manage to do one, non kipping pull up from dead hang, but on the other repetitions I have to kip, always, however today my pullups were really tragic, my biceps was absolutely weak, I don't know why, but in the last set I had to do assisted pullups, because I didnt have any energy left :roll: . I often like the last two sets, as I can feel that I'm pushing my limits, but today I was absolutely out of energy, and the pullups totally demotivated me.

I think this is due to my long hands, do you guys have any tips about increasing my vertical pulling strenght?

Seiji

Personally, I'm backing this with opinion, not necessarily fact, 8 sets seems like a lot. Especially if you're doing 8 sets of everything. How long does one of these take you to complete? I noticed that you don't rest very much either. You should try switching exercises for each set instead of doing 8 sets of the same thing at once. Dunno if you're already doing that, but I would recommend it.

Looking at your log, you've only got one day in a week where you do pull ups? You do them in an interesting way too, up - hold - negative. That's a lot of work. I think you should just stick with positive pull ups. You don't really get much out of negatives if you're capable of doing the motion positive. The hold isn't too bad of an idea, but I personally wouldn't do it. Oh, and add them to the day where you do negative muscle ups :D

Falcon

I'm doing 8 sets of FSP and 5 sets of dynamic exercises.

I do pullups on Friday and Saturday, it's getting slowly better but I think it will be a long time before I'm going to be able to do a few strict pull ups. I'm also doing them on day when I do negative muscle ups. Thanks :)

Falcon

Less than 2 weeks till 8th SSC week, everything is becoming too easy, I don't even need to drink much water or rest that much between sets.

Yesterday I've felt some discomfort/pain in my left shoulder after HS sets for the second time, I just hope this is because my shoulders are too tight :roll:

I've also reduced my post workout supplementation to:

~40g whey protein

40-50g maltodextrin

Falcon

Today's workout was an abosolute disaster, I've almost felt asleep during the dynamic part, I'm somehow out of energy.

On the brighter side, I did my first seated Muscle ups yesterday :!: :!: :!: 8) After 7 weeks of training from almost absolutely nothing! :D I feel that I'll be able to do MUs from hang like in 3 weeks.

I can definately see that my muscles have grown in the chest area, but still I have very long arms so they still look really skinny, but I think this is more kind of long-distance run, it takes time to build muscle, especially for somebody with arms like mine :roll:

Falcon

Tested my FSPs few minutes ago, results:

Back lever tuck – 90 sec. - Maybe I'm holding it little above the vertical level, but I feel strong in it at any angle.

Front lever tuck – 37 sec. - I'm dissapointed. My FL was always mess, but sticking with tuck for another 8 weeks is just awful!

Ring support with RTO – 60 sec. - Suprised to say the least, I've almost died trying to hold this after the clock was at 50, to failure.

L sit on paralletes – 18 sec. - Same as FL, dissapointed...

That's for the FSPs, I'll test FBEs and muscle ups on sunday probably, because I'm really busy this weekend

Tips and advices appreciated

pogo69

My only tip is not to test every FSP on the same day. Two per day max, I reckon; preferably paired such that they overlap as little as possible. Taking any FSP to failure is very taxing on your CNS and will negatively affect subsequent attempts.

Actually, I have another. Your L-sit and FL times are possibly linked by more than just your level of disappointment. I'm moving my next cycle of L-sit to the floor, as have many others, to help ensure proper form, adequate abdominal compression and no shrugged shoulders. It's been hinted at often enough around here, that the L-sit is the foundation of almost everything else; I'm finally starting to listen.

Falcon

My L-sits were always tragic, I think I know why now. I'll do them on the floor from now on, thanks :)

Also, in Lsit on the floor, I have a very uncomfortable feeling in my quads, it's something like muscle spasm, I don't know if its because I'm not stretched or my legs are too weak, my quads are really fatiqued today.

Falcon

This is my second SSC, first week... still making changes... everything is like 10 times harder, esspecially the FSP :?

Full muscle up - DONE, however my pull strenght is rather crappy, I cant do absolutely strict pull :( I have to lift my legs everytime :(

PLAN BELOW :arrow:

Falcon

Ok, I think this is it, I still haven't figured out reps x sets of the seated MUs included in some of my warmups, I will update it later...

2nd week finished, hard as hell, but I'm suprised I'm not getting any muscle soreness on the rest days after my workouts, nor immidiately after my workout :shock: I hope I'll progress with this plan :?

Technical work:

Working on my BF Fulltwists on trampoline, they're crappy as hell... My legs are still somewhere in 270° after I land, however the body is fully rotated :roll: I guess it needs more time, running FFs are improving, but still I'm landing hardly on my heels, it hurts :D Roundoff backtuck is another problem, I think I already got rid of the fear that's been keeping me from the transition (gotta start rotating into the backtuck after my hands leave the ground, really odd feeling :? ) it's getting slowly better, but my roundoff is still crap and I could block more with my legs...

I'm also starting to force myself to stretch after my workouts, working esspecialy on pike and side split stretches, I HATE IT :!:

I hope somebody can look at this plan and tell me if its really enough, because I still feel like there's something missing in my workouts... I don't know, maybe more core work, upper/lower back work?!?!

Monday - horizontal push/pull

Warmup

FSP

Headstand pike press 5x3

5 min HS Run

--------------------------------------------

1x5 Strict Pullups

4x5 Bulgarian row

10x5 PPP FX

8x5 XR Bulgarian pushup

1x5 Strict Pullups

Do every second strict pullup w. false grip – focus on pointing the elbows up

------------------------

Finish with

2x10 shoudler dislocates

8 Wall extensions

Wednesday - dip/invert curl

Warmup

FSP

Headstand pike press 5x3

XxY Muscle ups, seated, bent arms

--------------------------------------------

9x5 PB Dips

3x5 Reverse yewki

3x5 Curl tuck

3x5 Ring dips

3x5 FL row tuck

------------------------

Friday - HeSPU variations/chin/pullup variations

Warmup

FSP

5 min HS Run

--------------------------------------------

1x5 Strict Pullups

6x5 Negative HeSPU

4x5 FL pull tuck

3x5 Wide HeSPU – partial

1x5 Strict Pullups

Do every second strict pullup w. false grip – focus on pointing the elbows up

------------------------

Finish with

2x10 shoudler dislocates

8 Wall extensions

Saturday – Ring Routines, Multiplanes, etc.

Warmup

FSP

Headstand pike press 5x3

XxY Muscle ups, seated, bent arms

--------------------------------------------

2x5 Yewki tuck

3x5 Galimore tuck

8x5 PB dips

5x5 Reverse Muscle Up

------------------------

Finish with

2x10 shoudler dislocates

8 Wall extensions

FSP

L-sit – 10 sec. – 20 sec. rest -6 sets

BL flat tuck – 13 sec. – 40 sec. rest-7 sets

XR Support – 30 sec. – 50 sec. rest-4 sets

FL tuck – 20 sec. – 30 sec. rest-4 sets

Handstand – 35 sec. – 30 sec. rest-6 sets

Falcon

3rd SSC, here we go.

10 sec. straddled half lay BL

7 sec. flat tuck FL

10 sec. PB Lsit

Still updating my workout template, I'll post it by the end of the week :roll:

Got some forearms splints, pretty painful stuff, so no tuck planches for me for the next few weeks, damn I hate this.

Falcon

Topic with my video:

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=6580

Plan:

It goes something like this, it's fluctuating, depends on my mood or stuff I need to improve, sometimes I do WODs...

Day 1 - horizontal push/pull

FSP

10 min HS Run

--------------------------------------------

Pull and Press or Horizontal Pull and Press

------------------------

Finish with

2x10 shoudler dislocates

8 Wall extensions

Day 2 - dip/invert curl

FSP

--------------------------------------------

6x5 PB Dips +20kg

5x5 Negative Inverted Muscle Up

3x5 Bulgarian Dips

3x5 20kg Biceps Curl or Russian Dips

------------------------

Day 3 - HeSPU variations/chin/pullup variations

FSP

10 min HS Run

--------------------------------------------

2x5 Bulgarian Pull-up

6x5 HeSPU

3x5 Pull-up +10kg

6x5 HeSPU

3x5 FL Pull

------------------------

Finish with

2x10 shoudler dislocates

8 Wall extensions

Day 4 – Ring Routines, Multiplanes, etc.

FSP

--------------------------------------------

3 Ring Strenght Series

3x3 Galimore tuck

10x4 Bodyweight biceps curl

Russian Dips

------------------------

Finish with

2x10 shoudler dislocates

8 Wall extensions

Falcon

Okay, it's time to start doing things a little bit differently!

From now on, I'm starting to workout every other day, that means medium volume, high intensity workouts with 48 hours in between for recovery

Also, I've created a better template, which is still work in progress, I still need to add auxillary exercises for planche (weights training), some HS press training and joint prehab and flexibility, I think I'm also going to do some of the WODs, or at least alter them a little :)

I'm starting to teach young kids (11-15 y.o.) parkour and freerunning in the next school year which beggins after the main holidays (10-12 weeks) We have 2 parkour sessions in gym with the kids weekly, it's not like conditioning or that stuff, hard to describe! :| I sure will create training plans for them with leg conditioning and handstands to improve their abilities, they always hated my warm-ups when I was the second coach :D

Falcon

Created a new Pullup/HeSPU routine

4 rounds of:

A1 – 6 HeSPU

A2 – 3 Pull-up +10kg

30 seconds rest

B1 – 4 Wide Pull-up

B2 – 6 HeSPU

30 seconds rest

C1 – OAC iso. Hold 10s.

C2 – Shoulderstand iso. Hold (press) 10s.

Rest 3 minutes between the rounds

Falcon

Leg workout today

Skipped the FSPs, My upper body felt kinda tired.

5 rounds of

5 1/2 GHR

5 Jumping Squat + 20kg

6 SLS assisted

10 Begginer Shrimp

5 Jumping Squat + 20kg

5 1/2 GHR

3 minute rest

Finish with 60s total work of Straddle L

Falcon

Yesteday's workout

4 sets

3 PB dips + 18kg (gaining my strenght back)

5 Ring Curl Tuck

5 Korean Dips

4 Negative Half Reverse MU

5 Bulgarian Dips

3 Biceps curl 18kg (my right biceps is... effed.) (mostly only negatives)

3min rests.

Dunno what to do today, maybe WOD :/

Falcon

10 Assisted GHR

5 Jumping Squat + 20kg

6 SLS assisted

10 Beginner Shrimp

5 Jumping Squat + 20kg

10 Assisted GHR

Honey shake! Ran out of glucose so I've made a honey shake, just put few (more like ALOT of) teaspoons of honey into 700ml of water. Whey came after that, I was kinda worried about explosion or stuff when I saw that thing, it looked more like a beer :D

Falcon

A1 – 2-3 HeSPU or negatives

A2 – 3 Pull-up +10kg

B1 – 4 Wide Pull-up

B2 – 2-3 HeSPU or negatives

C1 – 2 OAC iso. Hold 5s.

C2 – Shoulderstand iso. Hold 10s.

I'm losing the HeSPUuuuuuuuus :( what the ef is happening :(

And honey shake again, hopefully my glucose and malto will arrive next week

Falcon

Man I'm sooo going not to work out today, yesterday:

5 rounds of:

4 FL ROW

6 PPP+15kg

5 Basic Pelican

6 XR PPP set slightly above table height

5 Bulgarian rows

+ 10 minutes work time of handstands with open shoulders, which fried my shoulders pretty well, I can't hold even a tuck PL now, shoulders are not cooperating :? + those 3 minutes of wall runs at the end of the workout didn't help either.

Falcon

Forearms are inflamed once again, more rice bucket needed...

Due to that I can't lean forward in the planche, adv. tuck is still at 1 second/press, I have to strenghten my forearms for that... Still, I don't feel any strain on them during the PL leans.