This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FLeXi's Workout Log

Started by Bryce Warren, November 29, 2010 · 226 Replies · 13,023 Views

Bryce Warren

Feb 18

Morning Workout:

WU:

Run - 10:00

3 Rounds:

PB Dip - x 5

Weighted PB Dip (+25 LBS) - x 5

Swinging Dips - x 12

Evening Workout:

Wide Planche Leans (2s Hold) - 3 x 5

HS Training

Shadow Boxing

Bryce Warren

Run/Jog/Sprint - 2.5 Hours (Couple minutes for breaks / water every once in a while)

Bryce Warren

Feb. 21

Morning Workout:

WU:

Skipping - 5:00

Light Stretches

Pull-Ups - x 5

Elbows To Ground Push-Ups - x 10

4 Sets Ring Series:

Muscle-Up, L-sit (5s), Support (5s), Dips x 3, Back Roll To Flat Tuck BL (5s), Pull Out To Flat Tuck FL (5s)

XR Support - 3 x 15s

XR L-sit - 3 x 15s

XR HS - 3 x 20s

Pre-Hab:

Victorian Presses - 2 x 10 (10 LB DBS)

Cuban Presses - 2 x 5 (7.5 LB DBS)

Evening Workout:

Stretching - 1 Hour

Bryce Warren

Morning Workout:

Finding Max Bench Press - Ended Up At 165 LBS

Finding Max Chin-Up - Ended Up At 90 LBS

Evening Workout:

Stretching - 1 Hour

Kip-Up Practice

Bryce Warren

Needing some help with my nutrition plans now. So advice please! I'm currently 158 LBS, the height 5'11, and age 20. The goal is to keep the strength gains coming, adding DECENT size, and leaning out as much as possible while still maintaining a healthy weight. I'm stressing the leaning out part at the moment because it doesn't seem to change, my strength keeps increasing, and the size increases are slow at best. I'm not too worried about size but if I can eat for size gains along with strength and leaning out that's awesome. Here's what my plan was, I need it to be perfectly fit so I stick to it.

1-2 Hours After Waking:

3-4 Eggs cooked in canola oil

Couple strips of bacon

5g Creatine

2nd Meal:

Tuna (With a tsp of mayo plus seasoning)(Usually like to make tuna salads, but that includes some feta, cranberries, and balsamic dressing, if this works then let me know cause I prefer it over just tuna and mayo)

1 Piece of fruit (Usually the choices are: Mangos, Pears, Apples, Blueberries or Bananas)

Post-Workout:

1 Scoop Whey Protein in coconut milk

Handful of cashews

5g Creatine

45 Min-1 Hour After Post-Workout Shake:

Stir fry (Consisting of store bought stir fry sauce, raw veges, 1.6 kg beef (or) pork. All cooked in canola oil)

1 Piece of fruit

Last Meal:

Chicken (Spiced up a bit, and usually have some ketchup with it)

1 Sweet potato (or) White rice (or) Brown rice (With a small amount of butter)

5g Creatine

If the meals need re-arranging as well by all means let me know. Anything that can be fixed! I want to be top physical performance no matter what it takes. If there's any other supplements that would be beneficial feel free to throw em at me, natural ones of course. Usually I do loading phases with creatine but this round was off so I just started taking 5g 3 times a day, in about a week I was planning on going off it for 2 weeks and starting over again, unless there's a more beneficial way of using creatine. Thanks in advance!

Bryce Warren

Well, since I'm very on and off I'll just post my major changes such as right now I'm starting a new cycle. Will be consisting of higher volume as I'm trying an approach for hypertrophy that I've seen mentioned around the forums here, slightly adjusting it.

I'll be mixing up the following exercises throughout each week. Also giving basic ranges of reps/sets for each.

FBE: Upper Body

Wide Pull-Up - 12 x 3

HeSPU - 10 x 3

HLL (Top Half) - 4 x 3

XR OAC (Assisted if necessary, have yet to test my strength on this) - 10 x 1 (each arm, 5s hold at top, least assistance possible)

XR PPPU (Palms in, working towards getting them forward) - (?) (Test required)

XR MU - 10 x 2

Body Lever (Half Lay) - 4 x 5

XR Row - (?) (Test required)

FBE: Lower Body

Squats (Front and back) - 4 x 4

GHR (Piked, no touch) - 4 x 5

Shrimp (Beginner variation) - 4 x 5

Leg Extensions (Not machine, using a weight for this, standing and seated positions) - 4 x 4

RLL (Test required) - 4 x 5

FSP:

XR Support RTO - 6 x 35s

XR HS RTO (Legs on straps) - (?) (Test required)

Tuck Planche, Adv. Tuck Planche (Ground and pb, I'm way stronger on pb for some reason though, any ideas why ground is so hard let me know) - 10 x 5s

XR L-sit - (?) (Test required)

This is the rough idea of how one day would look.

Front Squat - 4 x 4

GHR - 4 x 5

Wide Pull-Up - 12 x 3

HeSPU - 10 x 3

XR Row - 6-7 x 5

HLL (Top Half) - 4 x 3

XR Support - 6 x 30s

XR HS - 6 x 30s

Any comments let me know :D I've been doing this the last few weeks but sort of scattered on the exercises, but usually keeping the general idea the same and not wandering too much, I've seen some decent improvement so far so I figured I'd organize it a bit more and see how it goes.

Bryce Warren

Thought it was time to post up my current progression to see if there's anything to fix when I start my next cycle. Almost time for me to take my week off training then start up fresh. I haven't worked on planche for a while and am going to start again when my rest is finished. This is what my L to adv. tuck planche looks like so far, even though I haven't worked either of these in a long time, they're a lot stronger than they used to be, must be doin' something right :D

Also just recently looked up the proper positioning for the planche, with the depression and protraction of the shoulders, feels way better when I focus just on doing that.

EDIT: I'll just use this post for the videos that I'm going to post, just to get a check on form for each.

crQIiinnrYc ebeizTZ-jf0 wWMI_Gs2BVo 4xPF8bwGCo8

Bryce Warren

Over the next week I'll be testing all the basic exercises for my maximal strength in each, fbe and fsp will both be tested. So far, here is what I've done.

Fitness Tests:

Bench Press - 180 LBS (Improved from 165) - July 14, 2011

OAC - 2 Fingers assisting (First test) - July 14, 2011

Chin-Up - +80 LBS - July 15, 2011 (Suffered this decrease due to injury, quit training these for a few months, will start next cycle!)

PB Dip - +105 LBS - July 15, 2011 (Improved from +85 LBS)

Deadlift - +165 LBS - July 15, 2011 (First test)

Uphill Sprint 54 yards - 10.28 (First test) - July 15, 2011

Uphill Sprint 54 yards +30 LB Vest - 11.50 (First test) - July 15, 2011

XR Flat Tuck FL - 13s - July 16, 2011

XR Adv. Tuck Planche - 8s - July 16, 2011

XR L-sit - 14s - July 16, 2011

I feel fairly well today, not sure what the layout will be, but I'll be focusing on max FSP holds to get them finished and see where I stand.

Bryce Warren

Alright, hopefully I can find the time to start posting consistently, helps to have criticism or assurance that I'm creating my routines the best way possible, so I'll try to keep everything posted. If anyone is going to ask why I don't do the WOD, it's because I have certain goals to work to and many of the WOD I can't do either because of the weather or lack of equipment. So I have to go day by day usually to see what I can work with. Anyways, here's what went on today.

Afternoon:

Muscle-Up Transition Press - 4 x 4

Tuck FL Pull Half - 4 x 4

Skin The Cat Half - 4 x 3

Completed as a giant set:

XR Support - 5 x 15s

XR Tuck FL - 5 x 15s

XR Tuck BL - 5 x 15s

Evening:

Muay Thai - 60:00

MMA - 60:00

Bryce Warren

Not a bad day of training, explosive supersets felt good today so that's what I did. Other than the pain I'm in from martial arts yesterday, everything went smooth. Here's what it looked like.

Pull-Ups - x 7 followed by BB Bicep Curls - x 8 (50 LBS) / x 3 sets

HeSPU - x 6 followed by DB Shoulder Press - x 8 (30 LB DBS) / x 4 sets

PPPU - x 8 followed by Incline Bench Press - x 8 (85 LBS) / x 4 sets

BB Bent-Over Row - x 12 (60 LBS) / x 4 sets

Full HLL - x 7 followed by DB Lateral Raise - x 8 (15 LB DBS) / x 4 sets (Just wanted to get these in so I just threw em' together)

At the moment I'm just focusing on explosiveness in each exercise when I hit the gym, and focusing on strength when I hit the XR and get the chance to train outdoors. A lot of my focus is training different pull-ups/chin-ups to increase my reps and be able to move my body weight easily.

One question, explosive exercises requires smaller weight which means more reps, this will help with hypertrophy right? As well as setting up my supersets like I did for this last workout here. I want to keep building functional strength and explosiveness, along with some decent hypertrophy.

Bryce Warren

Another good day of training, one thing I noticed is my arms get real tight in the elbow/forearm when I'm doing any type of pull-up exercises, obviously I've been neglecting stretching out my wrists so I'm going to be focusing on that quite a bit. Other than that area my flexibility seems to be getting better and better since I remember everything else :lol:

Anyways here's what today looked like :

7s Push-Ups - x 5 sets (7s = 7 wide, 7 shoulder width, 7 diamond, all done in one set no rest)

HLL - 4 x 8,10,10,10

Wide HeSPU - x 8 followed by BB Wide Shoulder Press - x 10 (60 LBS) / 4 sets

Wide Side To Side Pull-Ups - x 4 followed by Chin-Ups - x 4,4,5,5 / 4 sets

DB Chest Press - 3 x 8,10,10 (50 LB DBS)

Bench Press - 1 x 1 (105 LBS), 1 x 3 (125 LBS), 1 x 3 (145 LBS), 1 x 3 (155 LBS), 2 x 2 (165 LBS)

Right now for nutrition I'm just eating a lot more than usual, every meal is protein rich along with veges and fruit. No matter how much I've eaten in the past it's always been insanely hard to gain mass, so I'm going all out for the next month to see where it gets me, maybe a bit longer if all goes well. Here's the basic list of my daily food.

Protein - (ALOT of each of these, except the shakes) Eggs, milk, greek yogurt, chicken, pork, protein shakes. Here and there I'll have ribs, beef, and tuna.

Carbs - Sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, fruit, veges, bread :roll: (can't seem to eat enough without it, so screw it for now), whole wheat pasta.

Fats - Assorted nuts, extra virgin olive oil, eggs, some meats.

I had a question in my last post that hasn't been answered so hopefully someone will get to that soon. Any words on today's post would be greatly welcomed as well.

Bryce Warren

Ahhh yes, such a long/random workout yet very fun. Here it is:

Towel Pull-Ups - x 10 followed by PB Dips - x 10 (35 LBS) / 4 sets

Clean And Upright Row - 1 x 8 (35 LBS), 1 x 8 (55 LBS), 4 x 8 (75 LBS)

Hanging Tuck Windshield Wipers - x 12,14,14 followed by Knees To Elbows - x 6 / 3 sets

Close-Grip Chin-Ups - 3 x 9,7,7

PB Dips - 1 x 5 (45 LBS), 4 x 5,7,7,7 (55 LBS)

Upright Row - 1 x 5 (35 LBS), 3 x 4 (85 LBS), 2 x 3 (95 LBS)

Body Lever Negatives - 4 x 3 (5s descent)

Top Half Partial Chin-Ups - 5 x 6 (25 LBS)

V-Press - 4 x 3 (3s descent, 2s hold, 2s ascent) (17.5 LB DBS)

I'm becoming obsessed with every type of pull-up so I'm getting the feeling I'll be working on these in mass amounts until I can do any type without a problem for a good amount of reps/sets. Biggest problem is wide-grip for me at the moment being stuck around 5 reps, all others I can usually bust out 10 reps or more, just not for many sets.

Philip Chubb

To answer, it could mean more reps, but you have to stay explosive. If you start to slow down, you won't be teaching your body explosiveness if you slow down.

Bryce Warren

Well I've done a decent job keeping most of it explosive, I'm still testing each exercise and the weight to use to it's a little off the odd time but it's pretty much all set. Feel so weak doing explosive movements, gotta use such a low weight lmao, it's all good though, nice to switch it up.

Philip Chubb

Depending on your goal, you can also develop that by attempting to lift a heavy load as fast as possible. That is hard with bodyweight sometimes though. :D

Bryce Warren

I always seem to change my repetition style, sometimes I'll go heavy, sometimes light, sometimes mixed up. The main point of focus throughout all of it is controlled/slow descent and powerful ascent. So I'm always trying to keep the explosiveness, pull-ups are a tad hard for this though lol, everything else I can manage.

Bryce Warren

Ah right, todays routine. I felt my energy was lower today for sure, yawning at some points lol, but I managed to keep going strong throughout and push myself before my rest day which will be tomorrow. Here's what happened.

Decline DB Chest Press - 4 x 12 (35 LB DBS) (someone was using the squat rack so I threw this in front)

Squats - 1 x 10 (85 LBS), 4 x 7 (105 LBS)

Wide-Grip Pull-Up - x 3 followed by Pull-up - x 3 followed by Close-Grip Pull-Up - x 3 / 4 sets (no dropping in between grips)

7s Push-Ups - x 4 sets

Kipping Pull-Ups - 2 x 10,8

Decline Chest Press - 5 x 8,10,10,10,10 (45 LBS DBS) (Wanted to heavier but it's awkward on the crunch bench, gotta get used to it)

Bench Dips - 1 x 12 (45 LBS), 4 x 15 (50 LBS)

Straight Leg Deadlift - 4 x 10 (85 LBS), 1 x 5 (135 LBS), 1 x 5 (155 LBS), 1 x 5 (175 LBS)

DB Simultaneous Bicep Curls - x 10 (27.5 LBS DBS) followed by Bent-Over Row - x 10 (60,70,70 LBS) / 3 sets

Thank god this day is over, after my rest day I'll be focusing on throwing together giant sets instead of single or supersets. As well as throwing a lot of core work as well, I feel very under worked in that area, as well as legs for sure, squats here I come!

Bryce Warren

Today was a really good day other than tweaking my ankle once again at the last 5 minutes of my 2 hours in martial arts training. It seems fine at the moment, but we will see for sure come morning, last time it swelled up, let's hope it gets better not worse. Here's what today looked like:

Giant Set 1: / 4 Rounds

Box Jumps - x 8

Chin-Ups - x 5

Med Ball Down Slams - x 12 (4 LBS)

HLL - x 7

V-Ups - x 7

Giant Set 2: / 4 Rounds

DB Flies - x 5 (45 LB DBS)

Clap Push-Ups - x 10

Standing Oblique Crunches With XR Strap - x 7

Windshield Wipers - x 12

Supine BB Tricep Extension - x 6 (40 LBS)

Med Ball Forward Throws - x 10 (6 LBS)

Wide-Grip Chin-Ups - x 3 followed by Chin-Ups - x 3 followed by Close-Grip Chin-Ups - x 3 / 2 sets

Muay Thai - 60 Minutes

MMA - 60 Minutes

Overall condition - Tweaked ankle, bit of pain in wrist not sure what caused it, shins still pretty bruised up but getting a lot better. Going to be going day by day because of these little problems, I feel like I might be sore tomorrow, but I might try and tough it out and keep going for another day. We'll find out soon enough!

Bryce Warren

Lighter day today, pretty sore and drained upper body so I just did a bit of shadow boxing followed by a 6k run/walk. Ankle feels alright but I can definitely tell there's still somethin' going on with it so I'll keep taking it a bit slow with lower body work, and hope my classes tomorrow won't be focused on kicks :P Onto the next day!

Bryce Warren

Today was one of the most exhausting days yet. I was gone for a total of around 6 hours walking, running, strength training, martial arts. Even passed out for a bit before my martial arts, I was so tired from the cardio and strength training..I'll try n' post it up as best I can.

4km Run/Walk to the gym

Bench Press - 1 x 15 (35 LBS), 1 x 5 (85 LBS), 1 x 5 (105 LBS), 1 x 5 (125 LBS), 1 x 5 (135 LBS), 1 x 3 (155 LBS), 1 x 2 (165 LBS), 1 x 1 (175 LBS), 1 x 1 (180 LBS)

3 Sets:

Wide-Grip Pull-Up - x 3, x 2, x 1 followed by Pull-Up - x 3, x 2, x 1 followed by Close-Grip Pull-Up - x 3, x 2, x 1

Explosive Tuck HLL - x 12

3 Sets:

Tri Med Ball Balance Partial Push-Up - x 15

Bicycle Crunch - x 20, x 30, x 30

Med Ball Side To Side Push-Up - x 6

Med Ball Push-Up - x 5, x 6, x 6

Single DB Low Row - 4 x 4 (45 LBS)

Wide Top Side To Side Pull-Up With Bicycle Kicks - 2 x 6

5k Run/Walk

Muay Thai - 60 Minutes

Jiu-Jitsu - 60 Minutes

After all that I had to enjoy some Tim Hortons chicken wraps, donuts, and chocolate milk lmao, WHAT A DAY.

Bryce Warren

Another day gone and done, felt pretty good after taking another day off. Unfortunately I started feeling that tendonitis in my elbow during my martial arts classes, so I have to watch it on the pull-ups at the moment and hope it doesn't get too bad. Other than that everything was good, and here it is.

3 Sets:

Squats - x 5 (135 LBS)

Tuck HLL - x 16

Box Jumps - x 7

4 Sets:

Chin-Up - x 5

Tuck FL Half Pull - x 3

BB Bent-Over Row - x 6 (70 LBS)

4 Sets:

HeSPU - x 7

HLL Circular - x 4

DB Shoulder Press - x 7 (35 LB DBS)

2 Sets:

Wide Chin-Up x 2 followed by Chin-Up x 2 followed by Close Chin-Up x 2

Decline Flat Back Sit-Ups - x 10

2 Sets:

7s Push-Ups

Bicycle Kicks - x 40

Shoulder Routine - x 2

V-Press - x 5 (15 LB DBS)

2km Run

EDIT:

Later in the day I got bored and decided to go for a long run/walk, 10k across town. NOW I'm done :P

Bryce Warren

Early morning workout today, seeing what this fasted training feels like. Today it felt exhausted haha, I could still train well I'm just not used to going from sleeping to training :P I'd start to crave food if I waited too long so I started pretty quick after waking. All bodyweight stuff today!

10 Minute Chin-Up Ladder - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (Good time for the time to end cause I don't think I could've done 9 hah)

Giant Set: (4 Rounds)

Chin-Up - x 4

Knees To Elbows - x 10

Elbow To Ground Push-Ups - x 7

GHR Half Pike - x 4

50 LB Side Bend - x 12 each side

HeSPU - x 7

EXHAUSTED, don't think I slept enough lol, food was good though :lol:

EDIT: Decided to go out for a 2nd session, the additions are:

Giant Set: (3 Sets)

PB Dips - x 12

Pull-Ups - x 6

Decline Sit-Ups - x 8 (+10 LB Plate)

Hindu Push-Ups - x 10

Hanging L Leg Kicks - x 20

Giant Set: (4 Sets)

Russian Dips - x 7

L Chin-Ups - x 5

Diamond Push-Ups - x 10

Giant Set: (4 Sets)

Bar Dips - x 12

Sideways Grip Pull-Ups - x 6

L-Sit (10s)

Bryce Warren

After my nice 11 hour sleep trying to make up for the 2 hours I had the night before, I woke up feeling excellent, was on the verge of getting sick before I went to sleep so I'm lucky it went away. Today looked somethin' like this:

Giant Set : (4 Sets)

Chin-Ups - x 7

Decline Sit-Ups (+10 LBS) - x 8

HeSPU - x 7

Side Bends (+45 LBS) - x 12 each side

Cast Wall Walk - x 4

Giant Set : (3 Sets)

PB Dips (+35 LBS) - x 12

Pull-Up Side-To-Side - x 6

HLL Tuck - x 12

One-Leg Diamond Push-Ups - x 12

Giant Set : (4 Sets)

Russian Dips - x 8

Half Chin-Up Hold + Leg Kicks - x 26

PPPU - x 10

Shoulder Routine - x 3

Pull-Ups - x 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 x 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

7s Push-Ups - 4 Sets

HLL (+5 LBS) - 4 x 5

Later in the day :

30 Minutes Stretching

Longer routine today but I felt awesome so I didn't feel like stopping, not to mention I take very little rest in between so all of this worked to maybe 1.5 hours or a bit longer, so, not bad. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Bryce Warren

Today focusing more on max strength which I haven't done in a while, feels weird resting for so long now :shock:

Superset : 4 Sets

Deadlift - x 4 (135 LBS)

Body Lever Negatives - x 3 (5s descent)

Superset : 4 Sets

Pull-Up - x 5 (25, 35, 35, 35 LBS)

PB Dip - x 7 (52.5 LBS) (Had to limit the lbs because I was holding the dumbbell between my legs, needing to buy a dip belt)

Superset : 4 Sets

Incline Bench Press - x 5 (115 LBS)

BB Bent-Over Row - x 5 (100 LBS)

BB Oblique Side-To-Side Pull - 4 x 6 (125 LBS)

Bryce Warren

Entirely destroyed my arms today, even got myself to try muscle-ups on the bar today..I failed of course but came really close, I got into the dip position but I didn't bring my elbows up enough to be able to push out of it so I just got stuck there lol. I know I have the strength for it, I just don't know the technique yet, I can do them on rings fine, bars not so fine.

Giant Set : (3 sets) (Very brutal, almost failed my 3rd set of chin-up climbs)

Chin-Up Climb-Up To Pull-Up - x 4

DB Bicep Curls - x 10 each side (20 LB DBS)

Elbow To Ground Push-Ups - x 8

PB Dips - x 10

Giant Set : (4 sets)

HeSPU (Face Wall) - x 6

DB Shoulder Press - x 8 (35 LB DBS)

Top Partial Close-Grip Chin-Up - x 10

Decline Sit-Up - x 8 (10 LBS)

Superset : (4 sets)

DB Lateral Shoulder Raise - x 7 (20 LB DBS)

Weight Plate Front Shoulder Raise - x 7 (25 LBS)

Superset : (4 sets)

Hanging Windshield Wipers - x 10

Weight Plate Side Bends - x 10 each side (45 LBS)

Pull-Up Pyramid - x 1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2,1

Max PB Dips - 2 x 17, 12