This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

It's Finally Time

Started by Adam Porter, September 29, 2016 · 251 Replies · 7,314 Views

Malcolm Watters

Got F4 today also

Adam Porter

Finished my F3 today. Noodle arms.

Malcolm Watters

Got f3 in today

Malcolm Watters

Getting my upper workout up to 3x per week seems to really be helping, I'm about to breakout of a couple of plateaus 

Luke Searra

Way to get after it guys

Malcolm Watters
On 5/17/2017 at 6:27 PM, Luke Searra said:

Way to get after it guys

@Luke Searra when doing these workouts, if I go to "my workouts" and hit play full workout it runs through the full upper workout with out stopping.  Is this the way we should be working out?  In other words no break at all from start to finish.  I've been doing a little limbering then a 1-1.5 mile jog then starting this and it's a damn good workout!

Everett Carroll
On 5/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, Malcolm Watters said:

when doing these workouts, if I go to "my workouts" and hit play full workout it runs through the full upper workout with out stopping.  Is this the way we should be working out?

Yes, this is the ideal way to train the workouts. Train all three movement pairs from your UB workout in sequence, with no rest. Training this way will build exceptional work capacity. 

Malcolm Watters
2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Yes, this is the ideal way to train the workouts. Train all three movement pairs from your UB workout in sequence, with no rest. Training this way will build exceptional work capacity. 

Thanks Everett, it's funny how I'm so happy to be done with ring rows till I get about 30 sec into my first plank.  I like improving the total work load though

Adam Porter

F4 in. Getting harder as the temperature keeps rising outside. I'm not ready to turn on the A/C just yet. hah!

Malcolm Watters
21 minutes ago, Adam Porter said:

F4 in. Getting harder as the temperature keeps rising outside. I'm not ready to turn on the A/C just yet. hah!

Tell me about it, I workout outside, it was 99 in Florida today

Malcolm Watters

Got the f3 in today 

Adam Porter
4 hours ago, Malcolm Watters said:

Got the f3 in today 

As did I. Keep it up!

Malcolm Watters

Got a F3 upper in today, I moved up on all 3 progressions and all 3 kicked my ass today.  Felt good though 

Malcolm Watters

After a week of traveling I got back to a F3 upper today

Tanya Hill

Nice work Malcolm. That is one thing with Gymnastics Strength Training is you may loose volume with time off but your hard work doesn't just go away. :)

Adam Porter

After just over 2 weeks off, I'm back at it. Busiest two weeks I've had at work and a Holiday weekend between makes for a tough time getting anything in.

Today, I went for the F7. Oh man, my work capacity needs some work, but I made it! :D 

Good to hear you're back at it too, @Malcolm Watters. And thanks for the insight, @Tanya Hill!

Malcolm Watters

Got my f4 in today, looking forward to a solid week of training this week

Adam Porter

F4 today.

Adam Porter

...and an F3 today.

Tobias Karlsson

Sorry I am a newbie. what do you guys refer to when you say  F3 today, F4 yesterday?

Suzanna McGee

@Tobias Karlsson, F3 — you do 3 elements (out of the 7) in one workout. F4, four of them. I used to do F7 (all elements) twice a week… Now I do F6 (upper and core) one day, F1 (legs) +HS1-2 other day, twice a week. 

Adam Porter

F4 today. Gettin' started right, this week.

Malcolm Watters

Missed yesterday did F4 today

Malcolm Watters
On 6/17/2017 at 7:09 AM, Tobias Karlsson said:

Sorry I am a newbie. what do you guys refer to when you say  F3 today, F4 yesterday?

Feel free to post your workouts in this thread.  It's helped me stay somewhat accountable.  Even when I take a week off for whatever reason, I know when I get back,  @Adam Porter will have posted a couple workouts and I'll know I gotta get back to it 

Adam Porter

Right on! It's a real help for me too, to know others are watching and posting what they're up to.

Speaking of which...I got the F3 in today. Feels good man.