This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

It's Finally Time

Started by Adam Porter, September 29, 2016 · 251 Replies · 7,314 Views

Chris Umiastowski

Hey guys - I added the stretch series to my library yesterday.  I did the side split workout only yesterday, separate from my F1 workout because I needed another rest day from my last F1.  The split workout was amazing, and I totally recommend adding this to your plan when you can.  I just wanted to keep February spending as low as possible so March 1st I immediately bought these :)

I had been doing the full F1 rotation about twice per week and I was adding extra exercise in after my upper, lower and core workouts. I think I'll continue on that same track but once per week I'll do each of the stretch workouts instead of the miscellaneous other exercises after the F1.

My calves are on fire today from 3 sets of 60 calf raises. Coach knows how to teach stretching!

Adam Porter

That's awesome @Chris Umiastowski! I'll be picking up Stretch soon, too. Can't wait to get started.

I had to do another F4 today, with an F3 tomorrow. Work threw me a curveball this week and I just don't have the time to take my time and do the full meal deal.

Hopefully back to a full F7 next week!

Chris Umiastowski

I am impressed that you are cranking out the full F7 in one workout, Adam.  Wow!  I like doing just one of the segments at a time, and now with the stretch series it's a great way to have that for after.  I did middle splits yesterday.  Absolutely devastating.  Coach isn't kidding when he says it's tough. Today I'll do upper body and thoracic bridge.  I'm scared :)

 

Adam Porter

Forgot to report that I did get that F3 in yesterday.

Yeah, the F7 can be brutal at times, especially with several progressions reaching full reps x 5 sets. With the stretch sessions, I can definitely see tacking one on after each segment. We'll see how I adapt, once I'm able to pick that series up.

Malcolm Watters

Missed the whole week!!  Hate it but I'll be back tomorrow, will probably hit a stretch today.  @Chris Umiastowski What element are you doing on middle split day?  Mane I'll do a core or lower and middle split today.  @Adam Porter I think you will really like the stretch series.  I haven't found a way to be consistent with all 3 yet but I have the middle stretch and it's awesome.  

Adam Porter

F4 in the books. Yep. Another tight schedule today and tomorrow.

Adam Porter

...and the accompanying F3 is in the bag. It's neat to see how much "better" I do on the Upper segments, when I'm not gassed on Core and Lower first. haha

I'm not advancing on those until I'm sure I can do them in a full F7.

Malcolm Watters

I'm back and let me tell you, taking a week and a half off doesn't do you any favors.  Killer f7 today

Adam Porter

Nice work, Malcolm. I can't imagine the challenge that was.

I got an F7 in today, too. Wiped. Out.

Adam Porter

F7 on a Monday...gotta start things off right!

Malcolm Watters

F4 and middle split today 

Adam Porter

2nd F7 for the week. Feels great to get it done.

Adam Porter

Hoookay. A bit of travel this week and next. I forgot how much I had yet to wrap up before then.

So, I got an F3 in today and probably won't get the F4 in until Wednesday...and unfortunately I probably won't get the 2nd set in for the week. :\

We'll see how this goes!

Chris Umiastowski

I confess ... I didn't do any GST from March 8th through 19th. We were on a road trip / vacation. I did a lot of walking and bike riding, but certainly nothing muscularly challenging.  Back at the gym yesterday and I did F1 upper body plus the middle split series workout.  Happy to report I didn't lose strength in the pushup department but felt a bit weak on a couple other exercises.  I'm confident that the stretch courses will help me move along in F1 when it comes to some of the mobility limitations (mostly hips for me).

Today I'm gonna crank out core and front splits.

Malcolm Watters

I hear you both, I got an f4 in today (upper and lower) gonna try and get the core tomorrow but I've really been slacking the last 3 weeks.  Just gotta try and get at least 1 round of every element per week while this busy time is here.  Plus really want to keep up with the middle split.

Adam Porter

Awesome. Keep it up, fellas!

Malcolm Watters

Got my core f3 in today.  Not as much as an f7 but still kicks my ass

Adam Porter

Right on Malcolm! I just got my F4 in. Ding ding!

Adam Porter

Hello guys and gals. I'm finally back from travelling. Needless to say, I was too busy to put in some quality workouts, so I opted for a fair amount of walking...to and from various events and such.

This week, I'm back. I've gotten an F4 in this evening, with an F3 to follow tomorrow.

Adam Porter

F3 is complete.

Joshua Hibbert

Did my first full F7 after about 6 weeks due to injury, I tore my rotator cuff.  I dropped the upper bodies back a couple of steps and am performing the shoulder mobilities without weight.  Pleasantly surprised I haven't lost as much strength as I thought I would.  I am just happy to be training again. 

Chris Umiastowski

I'm making some decent progress! I managed to move on from single leg squat PE2 (was stuck on hip swivel mobility) and now feel I should move faster through PE3-6.  I feel I'm CLOSE to passing the 4 x 6reps of ground rows on my upper body day.  Also on upper body day I'm doing pushups and I've been stuck at 4 x 12 reps but the last 2 workouts I actually completed all sets / reps with difficulty so I'm staying on that just until I feel SOME element of ease.  I think I'm super close to getting beyond scapular shrugs (the iM movement has me stuck, can't get knees down without buttock coming off ground, but middle split workouts are helping a lot).  

As for the core workout ... I'm stuck on bend knee hollow body rocks.  5 sets of 60 reps AT TEMPO is brutal.  Absolutely brutal.  But I'm nearly at mastery for the side over-arches and I'm just about passing 4 x 12 reps of straddle ups.

Every time I feel stuck on something I look back at what I actually accomplished.  I was not able to do most of these exercises in good form at the start.  Major progress here.

Adam Porter

That's great to hear, @Chris Umiastowski. Nice work!

I got an F4 in today. The second F3 is slated for tomorrow.

Adam Porter

Well, Friday's F3 didn't happen. I just got that done this morning. No harm, no foul.

Hey @Malcolm Watters, how've you been? I know this is a busy time for you. Just checkin' in.

Adam Porter

Today I got an F3 in. Got home late from work. F4 is on the agenda for tomorrow.

Let's keep this train movin'!