Back in the groove with an f7 at lunch today! Moved up in a couple of core excersizes but died when I got to the upper
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
It's Finally Time
Started by Adam Porter, September 29, 2016 · 251 Replies · 7,314 Views
Yes! Awesome job, Malcolm!
I got my F7 in today, too. I started SLS/PE2 and then also upped the step for SL/PE1 and RC/PE1.
Even though the SLS/PE2 drops to 3/3r, I'm worried that upping SL and RC at the same time might wipe me out on my next F7. We shall see! ![]()
17 hours ago, Adam Porter said:Yes! Awesome job, Malcolm!
I got my F7 in today, too. I started SLS/PE2 and then also upped the step for SL/PE1 and RC/PE1.
Even though the SLS/PE2 drops to 3/3r, I'm worried that upping SL and RC at the same time might wipe me out on my next F7. We shall see!
The RC gets me, that's for sure!
Finished my 2nd f7 of the week. Btw where is our buddy @Daniel Taylor-Shaut?
Word! Just finished my 2nd F7, too. The two bump-ups were a bit tough today, but I made it!
Great thread here! I'm on PE2 for most movements now except for scapular shrugs, where I fail the iM, so I've just added reps so it's tougher. I've been doing the entire workout split up over three days (Core, Upper, Lower) and averaging 5-6 workouts per week, so almost 2 full cycles of the F7 per week. I'm also adding in extra stretching that I learned from fundamentals. It's great so far! Strength increasing and flexibility increasing. I love this program and applaud your awesome documentation here, Adam.
My stats - age 42, 5'10" and 165 lbs.
23 hours ago, Chris Umiastowski said:Great thread here! I'm on PE2 for most movements now except for scapular shrugs, where I fail the iM, so I've just added reps so it's tougher. I've been doing the entire workout split up over three days (Core, Upper, Lower) and averaging 5-6 workouts per week, so almost 2 full cycles of the F7 per week. I'm also adding in extra stretching that I learned from fundamentals. It's great so far! Strength increasing and flexibility increasing. I love this program and applaud your awesome documentation here, Adam.
My stats - age 42, 5'10" and 165 lbs.
Awesome. Glad to hear you're being consistent and making progress! And I have to admit that Scap Shrugs remain my weakest exercise, so I'm feelin' ya on that one.
I just needed to have a place to keep myself accountable. And I'm super happy it's helping others.
I just finished my first F7 earlier this evening. Let's keep it up!
Got my f7 workout in yesterday. Im feeling a little sore today, it's a good feeling. I'm thinking about switching the upper to its own day to see if I can get past a couple of these progressions. I'm stuck on 9x5 push-ups and the 4x6 RC pe2. Even staying at the same level it's a really great workout.
Malcolm, I'm at the same steps as you for push-ups and ground rows. They are tough!!! I just (maybe) passed 5 sets of 9 push-ups today pending video review of my form, but the rows are destroying me. I slowed them down for proper form and had to move down a level. I've added some static holds at the top of the movement to hopefully build strength in that range of the movement. Patience definitely required here.
3 hours ago, Chris Umiastowski said:Malcolm, I'm at the same steps as you for push-ups and ground rows. They are tough!!! I just (maybe) passed 5 sets of 9 push-ups today pending video review of my form, but the rows are destroying me. I slowed them down for proper form and had to move down a level. I've added some static holds at the top of the movement to hopefully build strength in that range of the movement. Patience definitely required here.
Yea I've completed the 5x9 a bunch of times in a row but the last few reps are a killer, not ready to move up. I'm thinking of going back to pe1 of the rope climb and splitting the difference between the ground rows and incline rows
I have been following this thread for a while and thought it would be good to join. I like the way you keep each other accountable. I did my F7 this morning (doing it twice a week, with the three stretches and handstand each once a week).
I am at the following steps:
FL PE1 Step 9 (attempted PE 2, but decided to stay here for a while)
SL PE1 Step 9 (same thing)
MN PE1 Step 9
SLS PE3 Step 9
HBP PE2 Step 6 (Getting through, but struggling on last reps in last two rounds)
RC PE1 Step 7 (Struggling on this one. Losing weight will help a lot!)
SL PE1 Step 9 (I moved on to PE2, but after a break found I struggled with the scap shrugs and decided to stay there for a while as well.
My stats: Age 52, Height 5'6", Weight 205 lb (yes, losing weight will help a lot with progress!)
Nice progress @Hermann Thiel. Can I ask what your split is for the week? As in, what days do you do each F7, stretch, and handstand course? I'm getting close to adding the stretch series, so I'm just looking for insight on what works well.
As for me, I got my second F7 in this week. Feels good, man.
Good work Adam, I had a meeting yesterday during my F7 time. I was able squeeze in the upper and lower workouts later though. I have found it very hard to get in the stretch series workouts. I've been really consistent with the middle split but not as much for the other 2. Gotta make more time
15 hours ago, Adam Porter said:Nice progress @Hermann Thiel. Can I ask what your split is for the week? As in, what days do you do each F7, stretch, and handstand course? I'm getting close to adding the stretch series, so I'm just looking for insight on what works well.
At the moment it is Sunday F7, Monday Front Split (plus some cardio - 30 min run or so), Tuesday HS and Thoracic BRIDGE, Wednesday F7, Thursday Middle split (plus cardio). I usually do a little cardio over the weekend as well (I currently live in Cairo, Egypt, so my weekend is Fri/Sat). I hope to be adding movement as well. I will be traveling over the next three weeks, so it may be difficult to keep to this schedule.
Got my first f7 in this week. Good workout. I hate the tuck rocks in pe2 btw
Looks like I have some fun times to look forward to. haha.
I got an F4 in today, due to an oddball schedule. The F3 will come tomorrow. Then shoot for the full F7 on Thursday.
I got my F7 in today (plus extra 15 minutes of Handstands from the GB Handstand Challenge). I too have been stuck on the push-ups PE2 4x6r and the rings PE2 4x9r… But even if the number has been the same for a while, I feel stronger and better. So I just patiently do the work. My absolute favorite of all my exercises is the Side Lever PE9, Stall Bars Reverse Leg lift… It's so powerfully hard. I am on 5x10r (mastery), but staying on it to make it look really pretty :-)
I had a nice discovery in my last upper body workout. I had been listening to music through my headphones rather than the audio of the follow-along workout video for the last while. I knew the exercises and figured I didn't need to do follow-along every single time. Turns out I was going too slowly on the ground rows, which probably made things harder. So while it's fine to work harder, there is no point holding yourself back on a progression if you're ready to move on. I am almost ready to go to 4x9 ground rows now. Just a bit more work!
Also not sure where you guys / gals are at on the core workout, but I'm at bent knee hollow body rocks and I felt I was ready for mastery but was NOT. I was flattening my back and flopping onto the mat instead of keeping my back in the shape of a rocker. I was probably also moving too much (amplitude), as I have a hard time rocking at the same tempo as the follow-along demos. Going faster is easier, but maintaining perfect position in the rock is much harder! Burn, baby burn !!!
Thanks for sharing this Chris. Keep using the follow along videos from now on and take advantage of the form checks to ensure execution is on point. The sooner you can begin perfecting your form the better!
F3 in the books. I forgot to record my HBP/PE1 form check again tonight. Oh well. There's always next time!
Happy to report my F7 got done today. I was a bit worried, since I only had one rest day since my Upper F3 on Tuesday. I was gassed, but I made it!
I was in a bit of a rush, so I left out the recording that I wanted to do, too. Perhaps next week.
17 hours ago, Adam Porter said:Happy to report my F7 got done today. I was a bit worried, since I only had one rest day since my Upper F3 on Tuesday. I was gassed, but I made it!
I was in a bit of a rush, so I left out the recording that I wanted to do, too. Perhaps next week.
I got my 2nd f7 in today. I got an extra day rest this week. Guess what.....it didn't make it any easier
Got a late start, so I just got an F4 in today. However, I did get a recording done for SL/PE1 (step 9) and SLS/PE2 (step 3). I'll post those in the Form Check forum in just a bit.
F3 tomorrow. Bring it!
...and there's the F3. I recorded and posted my HBP again (finally). We'll see what that looks like.
Meanwhile, the SL has a few points I need to work on, and the SLS is looking good so far.
Daughter brought home the flu this week, not terrible but definitely don't have the energy I need, hopefully will get a couple workouts in tomorrow and Friday