This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

It's Finally Time

Started by Adam Porter, September 29, 2016 · 251 Replies · 7,314 Views

Adam Porter

Paid my F7 penance...it must be time for the weekend!

Have a good one, everybody!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I like how you post every time you do your workout, it's good communal accountability. How close are you to mastery on any of the elements? Are you recording your form yet? Or not quite ready for that?

Adam Porter

Yeah, my regular posting was a big part of keeping me consistent when I was doing the Scrawny to Brawny program.

I'd looked at putting these posts in the Workout Logs forum, but it's empty, so I wasn't sure if that forum was supposed to be used or not. I hope I'm not being too much of a nuisance by posting these here in the F1 forum, and I can certainly switch if that's what people prefer.

As for Mastery, I just hit step 9 on SLS PE1 and HBP PE1. I will begin recording my form soon as I get used to the increase in reps for these exercises. Likely this week.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
53 minutes ago, Adam Porter said:

Yeah, my regular posting was a big part of keeping me consistent when I was doing the Scrawny to Brawny program.

I'd looked at putting these posts in the Workout Logs forum, but it's empty, so I wasn't sure if that forum was supposed to be used or not. I hope I'm not being too much of a nuisance by posting these here in the F1 forum, and I can certainly switch if that's what people prefer.

As for Mastery, I just hit step 9 on SLS PE1 and HBP PE1. I will begin recording my form soon as I get used to the increase in reps for these exercises. Likely this week.

 

Donno about workout logs. I posted in there once but nothing came of it, I think it's a relic. About the update annoyance: not at all. If updating this thread keeps you consistent and accountable than by all means man, keep at it. No sense in it. People could unfollow this thread and request not to receive updates if it bothered them. If they didn't know how to do that, well, then they might not internet very well. Anyways, enjoy the weekend. 

Malcolm Watters
6 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Donno about workout logs. I posted in there once but nothing came of it, I think it's a relic. About the update annoyance: not at all. If updating this thread keeps you consistent and accountable than by all means man, keep at it. No sense in it. People could unfollow this thread and request not to receive updates if it bothered them. If they didn't know how to do that, well, then they might not internet very well. Anyways, enjoy the weekend. 

Yea I agree with this, you posting twice a week helps keep me in check for keeping up.  I've started pe2 in everything and hit the really easy button and easy button once now I'm backing up a little.  It's hard to get past the mentality that you need to move forward every week but I'm fine where I'm at for a while 

Adam Porter

Word. I appreciate the support and feedback, fellas. Thank you much!

Everett Carroll

Keep it up Adam!

Adam Porter

Earth to Adam... Come in Adam....

Today I was a space cadet, apparently. I did get my F7 in, but I totally forgot to do my usual Daily Limber beforehand. Oops!

Mobility exercises felt a little off, but I attribute that to not warming up and stretching ahead of time.

Next time!

Adam Porter

I remembered my Daily Limber today, like a good boy should. hah!

I completed my F7 and even bumped up one level for 2 of the exercises.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
11 minutes ago, Adam Porter said:

I remembered my Daily Limber today, like a good boy should. hah!

I completed my F7 and even bumped up one level for 2 of the exercises.

 

Nice, which element?

Malcolm Watters

I got my 2 in this week, I'm pretty much at a standstill in the pe2.  Getting stronger but definitely not flying right up the ladder.  

Adam Porter
3 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Nice, which element?

SL will be moving to PE1, Step 7. MN will be moving to PE1, Step 4. My mobility and balance on the Hip Circles & Windmills has been a challenge.

 

2 hours ago, Malcolm Watters said:

I got my 2 in this week, I'm pretty much at a standstill in the pe2.  Getting stronger but definitely not flying right up the ladder.  

Nice work! You'll get there. I'm finding the same thing...slow and steady.

Gareth Jenkins

Hi all, how long does a typical F7 workout take you? I split my workouts between 4 and then 3 elements but 3 workouts a week, doing 4 of them twice a week. I think an F7 workout would probably take me 90+ mins to complete...

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Gareth, considering warm up and the worst case with long hold and max reps (step 9) probably yes one hour and half. only 4 elements 1 hour.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Gareth, considering warm up and the worst case with long hold and max reps (step 9) probably yes one hour and half. only 4 elements 1 hour.

 

This setup is the main reason I don't do F7, @Gareth Jenkins, adding on a stretch series is just too much for me. But your setup of doing four elements and three elements, twice a week is kind of on the money. If that works, don't switch it up, there's no need. Definitely in F1 at least. 

Adam Porter

@Gareth Jenkins I'm at about 45 minutes for a Daily Limber + F7. Though, I'm only on Step 9 for 2 of the elements. As I move up in the steps (which ultimately adds more sets & reps), the workout definitely gets longer.

Malcolm Watters
12 hours ago, Gareth Jenkins said:

Hi all, how long does a typical F7 workout take you? I split my workouts between 4 and then 3 elements but 3 workouts a week, doing 4 of them twice a week. I think an F7 workout would probably take me 90+ mins to complete...

Yes it takes quite a bit, I usually jog a mile or so then limber and it's getting to be over an hour now.  It's a solid workout for sure.  And the rows and push-ups after the core and legs is a killer.  

 

One think I'll say about these workouts, they leave me pretty whipped out.  I was doing some crossfit type workouts before that I thought were really good but I could do them 4 times a week easy.  With this, twice a week and I can feel the fatigue 

Malcolm Watters

Got in my first f7 of the week today, feel like im getting stronger but im sticking where im at for a while.  The rope climb pe2 is gonna be a long process for me I think as will the manna.  

Good to be keeping at it though!

Adam Porter

Good to hear, Malcolm!

I just finished my first F7, too. I'm trying to move to a Monday/Thursday schedule, from my typical Tuesday/Friday schedule.

Malcolm Watters
2 hours ago, Adam Porter said:

Good to hear, Malcolm!

I just finished my first F7, too. I'm trying to move to a Monday/Thursday schedule, from my typical Tuesday/Friday schedule.

Good deal.  I'm actually thinking of splitting to f4 and f3.  I love the f7 workout but it's starting to take a long time and after the core and 60 squats I'm pretty well spent, makes the upper pretty tough.

Malcolm Watters

Just finished f7, still hanging where I am but doing better.  Gonna feel good going into Christmas after a good workout!

 

merry Christmas everyone

Jon Douglas

Merry Christmas :)

Adam Porter

Thursday F7. That leaves a long weekend open for the Holiday gatherings I've got.

Merry Christmas all!

Suzanna McGee

I did my F7 today as well… BOOM! I still have stuff to do over my long weekend though, H1/H2 tomorrow, FSS Saturday and TBS Sunday… :) 

Happy holidays to you too!!!

Malcolm Watters

Day after Christmas f7 hit everything pretty good today except for the rows, those things kill me.