This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

It's Finally Time

Started by Adam Porter, September 29, 2016 · 251 Replies · 7,314 Views

Adam Porter

Yeah, I'm on 5 set rounds on several of my exercises. That's when the intensity becomes noticeable.

Believe it or not, I'm happy to hear I'm close to 'the grind.' Tomorrow's my next F7!

Jon Douglas

I have a volume cycle myself this week too- last 4 steps on some 5 elements at once.  I like getting my teeth stuckinto the challenge :) 

Malcolm Watters
13 hours ago, Adam Porter said:

Yeah, I'm on 5 set rounds on several of my exercises. That's when the intensity becomes noticeable.

Believe it or not, I'm happy to hear I'm close to 'the grind.' Tomorrow's my next F7!

Yep I did f7 yesterday like @Mikkel Ravn said it's a mixture of anticipation and anxiety.  So far I've done really good.  I could use a little better mobility in the hip flexors but overall I'm happy with where I am.  It's also exciting that it's really turning into workouts now, when you get finished with a f7 you know you've done something and it's only getting better 

Adam Porter

Felt more solid in my F7 today. Scap shrugs felt really great, so that's encouraging. Still need to keep it where I've got it for a while, I'd say.

Adam Porter

Just checking in. Another F7. Boom.

Adam Porter

F7 in the bag.

The last 2 of the 5 sets of the scap shrugs were a struggle, but the first 3 sets felt better than ever.

I'm using a door frame to do my assisted squats and one-arm lat leans. I think it's improving my grip strength as much as anything else. Yeowtch!

Overall, strength is not the deficit. It's mobility, stability, and balance. I kept everything at the same level again today (per the smileys) to give me more opportunities to improve the mobility.

Adam Porter

Today's workout brought to you by the letter F, for Friday...and F7.

Scap shrugs continue to feel better.

Got my sweatin' in...time for the weekend!

Malcolm Watters
On 11/4/2016 at 5:46 PM, Adam Porter said:

Today's workout brought to you by the letter F, for Friday...and F7.

Scap shrugs continue to feel better.

Got my sweatin' in...time for the weekend!

Scap shrugs are good, they seem real easy till you get to the last couple sets. The rows are what gets me the most.  And the hip swivels are the toughest of the mobilities for me 

Adam Porter

Totally agreed @Malcolm Watters.

Another Tuesday F7 put to bed. Call me Mr. Noodle. heh

I marked everything as Just Right today, but after my second F7 this coming Friday there might be an exercise or two that I'll be ready to bump up.

Adam Porter

I went for a Saturday morning F7 instead of a Friday evening F7. Schedule didn't permit.

I have to say, I'm super tight first thing in the morning. The Daily Limber was much harder than usual, because of it. Plus, I saw more limited ROM on things like hip swivels.

I opted not to advance in any of the exercises. I'll reevaluate advancing next week.

Still going strong.

Adam Porter

A day later than usual, but I got my F7 in. Good stuff.

I upped a couple of exercises for Monday.

Plus, I'm excited to see these new changes coming on Saturday. Bring it!

Everett Carroll

Keep it up Adam!

Adam Porter

Just tried another F7 this morning. Still stiffer than usual, but it went better than my last Saturday attempt.

All the new changes look amazing, so huge kudos to everyone who helped to dream, plan, program, and implement them! I'm really looking forward to learning and using them.

I noticed on the schedule that there are some missing workout days for me. I'd usually mark my first workout of the week with the smileys and then use the second weekly workout to repeat everything before the Monday reset. So without marking the smileys on that second workout, the schedule didn't log it. It's not a big deal at all...just something I noticed. Actually, things will work better now, because I have to click a smiley with each and every workout, since it goes into effect for the very next workout.

All in all, good workout for me and good stuff from the GB crew.

Matic Balantic

Hey Adam, workout only gets logged after you "tell us" that you did it by pressing smiley. Not logging it is the same as not doing it from software point of view :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
1 hour ago, Matic Balantic said:

Hey Adam, workout only gets logged after you "tell us" that you did it by pressing smiley. Not logging it is the same as not doing it from software point of view :)

So, simply saying I've done an F7 workout every day for the last year isn't good enough?! :P

 

Nice work on the update, by the way @Matic Balantic

Matic Balantic

Thanks @Daniel Taylor-Shaut, we do our best to listen and improve! :-)

Sorry for highjacking your topic Adam. ;-) Keep up with your workouts, it is always interesting and encouraging to see other people's progress.

Adam Porter
2 hours ago, Matic Balantic said:

Thanks @Daniel Taylor-Shaut, we do our best to listen and improve! :-)

Sorry for highjacking your topic Adam. ;-) Keep up with your workouts, it is always interesting and encouraging to see other people's progress.

No worries at all about hijacking, @Matic Balantic. I really appreciate the insight!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
On 10/25/2016 at 4:06 AM, Jon Douglas said:

I have a volume cycle myself this week too- last 4 steps on some 5 elements at once.  I like getting my teeth stuckinto the challenge :) 

How does that even work?

Adam Porter

Another F7 in.

I smiley'd a couple more exercises tonight. There's still one or two that I've barely made any progress on, but I know I'm getting stronger and more flexible with them.

We'll see how these next steps feel on Friday/Saturday, when I do the next F7.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Adam Porter

I skipped out on my 2nd F7 last week, due to a busy Thanksgiving schedule.

And I'm back in the saddle with an F7 today. Having those scap shrugs at the very end is just brutal.

Malcolm Watters

@Adam Porter are you sticking with the f7 twice a week with the recent changes?  So for I have.  I've just started pe2.  The first week was really easy but that will change fast.   Seems like the mobility is harder than the strength for this portion.  Although as some of the upper body reps build up I'm sure that'll change 

Adam Porter

@Malcolm Watters Yeah, I'm still sticking with 2 F7's per week. I'm still in PE1 on everything, but I'm at step 8 on a couple exercises, so I'm getting there...

Adam Porter

Happy Friday everyone!

Logged my 2nd F7 for the week, and now it's time for the weekend.

Surprises in store!

Adam Porter

Tuesday's in the books.

That is all.

Jon Douglas
7 hours ago, Adam Porter said:

Tuesday's in the books.

That is all.

That's enough 

(For Tuesday :) )