4 hours ago, Daniel Lehnberg said:Quick question: I don't seem to be able to find a "daily limber" box to log this warm up in.
Our developer is currently working on the daily limber issue Daniel. Thank you for your feedback and patience.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Gorjan Trivic, September 19, 2016 · 288 Replies · 18,798 Views
4 hours ago, Daniel Lehnberg said:Quick question: I don't seem to be able to find a "daily limber" box to log this warm up in.
Our developer is currently working on the daily limber issue Daniel. Thank you for your feedback and patience.
1 hour ago, Emil Dembinski said:I loved the counter of days "all tasks done". It is left as only the nutritional tasks and due to all confusion I missed it yesterday and did not logged that I actually had done it. The counter is down from above 100 to 1 now ;-)
Hi Emil,
Please put in a support ticket for this and we can correct it for you. We don't want you lose that many days of Thrive task completion!
On September 20, 2016 at 3:58 AM, Emil Dembinski said:Guys,
I appreciate the changes you made and a lot of thought that went with it. The interface looks great and probably will help the 70% people, who were struggling with the previouse setup.
On the other hand the 30% who were progressing just fine with the previous more advanced features will be disappointed. These are the people who are also the most engaged and who probably were the most happy and spreading the word around "the GST is great, come and check this out".
As I understand from reading, the advanced features are still there. They are just locked away until we unlock all of them gradually. The process lasts till we reach Foundation 4. In my case it probably would take a few years.
Please consider putting those features into settings (buring them deep
) for us to unlock if we feel we can cope with it. There are quite a lot of us, I think, who would really appreciate it.
- Deload weeks - I just cannot imaging myself without it, after having been doing the program for the last 4 months. I push myself and this is a welcome breather, that I think I need.
- Weekly workout schedule
- Weekly template
- Logging the exact number of reps/seconds
All of those things can be done in Excel or notebook. The question is do they have to be. It would be great if we could get some more freedom with how many features we would like to use.
Thank you again for the effort and tremendous care that you give to the community and your customers. Do not forget the 30%, though.
3 hours ago, Emil Dembinski said:Coach,
I joined after listening to you talking with Tim Ferriss in May. I bought Fundamentals first. It was an “OK” experience, not great, but a month later I took the plunge and bought Foundation 1 plus Stretches… and that was great, really great. The structure, progressions, ability to plan ahead a week
The whole program is so well thought through. Something I had never had before. Superb.
Two days later after reading the amazing forum and GST introductions Handstand 1 and Movement 1 and Thrive a month later.
Since getting my hands on Foundations 1 I have not skipped a workout. Started from PE1 Step 1 on every exercise. Additionally, I was running and doing some fitness 3 times a week, then some 2 months ago switched to just GST - again after reading the advise on the forum. It has been a great journey and I plan to continue.
I loved the counter of days "all tasks done". It is left as only the nutritional tasks and due to all confusion I missed it yesterday and did not logged that I actually had done it. The counter is down from above 100 to 1 now ;-)
I understand the reasons behind the change.
- Your business has grown probably severalfold since the podcast. Congratulations and you absolutely deserve it. The program and the team are in a class of their own
- You have different customers, more beginners, people starting from scratch with little or no preparation
- 70% of people do not get the best of the program and complain
- 30% of dedicated people will stick with the program anyway
- You cannot make everyone happy
Coach I am not negotiating, I am just writing than for me personally the changes are for the worse. It looks better and overall is great, but lacks the features I found very useful.
If there are 30% of us following the program without failing, why not give us the option to have this functionality back.
I will get to F2 eventually, anyway
I second Emil. I have a ton of respect for you Coach and appreciation for this special program and the wealth of knowledge and skill you have made available to the public.
I personally never got into the the online tracker as when it first popped up I was used to logging in my own info and checking in with the program when I needed to update or verify a progression. I like having the accountability and independence to create my own training sessions as I work in fitness and your GST program provides amazing value as I use it both as complimentary training and a study/inspiration source.
Count me among those would love to be able to choose between the new format and the old! Also, thank you for hearing us out and taking the time to respond, it is appreciated. Keep up the great work GST team.
Hi All,
I've adjusted to the new interface and and have a few feedback items.
1/ Currently there is no way to access the Thrive Tasks from the Dashboard directly, you need to first click an exercise to bring you to a interface which has the side bar. Not sure if this was intentional but it feels a little awkward.
2/ Will the hours sleep, soreness and mood scales be returning? I enjoyed logging the information and feel this metric will be useful for future analysis. Otherwise, I will need to use a additional app.
I love the new interface as a beginner and feel the flexibility is working for me at this time. Thanks for all of your work and responsiveness!
P
On 9/21/2016 at 7:34 AM, Samin Ishtiaq said:There seems to be a line of thought in this thread that you *have* to watch the video to tick off your exercise. Someone earlier said that they used to watch the video before-hand and then do the exercise in their own time+space. (Personally, that's what I did too. I can't really watch a video while doing incline rows, but maybe some people have extendable eyeballs!) But we still can do that, right? I can just check-in my smiley without the watching the video in real time?
Of course, if we want to really grock the form, then we could follow along to the video.
You can access tasks directly from under the nutrition menu anywhere on the site.
Not immediately, but yes and in a way that does not interfere with the nutrition counter.
14 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:Our developer is currently working on the daily limber issue Daniel. Thank you for your feedback and patience.
Wohoo! You guys rock.
Sending the developer (only one person?! wow) some appreciation, it's never easy to roll out this kind of change to a group of users, let alone one as opinionated as a community of heavily active forum users! ![]()
2 hours ago, Cory Fair said:You can access tasks directly from under the nutrition menu anywhere on the site.
Not immediately, but yes and in a way that does not interfere with the nutrition counter.
Hi Cory, I'm confused about your reply to my question that answers it with the Nutrition Counter? Did you mean to say Dashboard?
Also, I've just noticed that the Fitness item in the menu bar on the top has a direct link to Settings. Thank you to those hard-working programmers! Maybe I was used to the old interface (hell, what am I saying, *of course* I was used to the old interface, I held on to it like a drowning sailor), but the new one has less direct links. Being able to go Fitness->Settings is good. Thanks.
In this vein, maybe the Dashboard should just show My Available Workouts on the landing page. And there should be a separate item in the menu bar on the top that links to Lessons And Progressions. After all, I'm mostly going to use Dashboard for what I need to do right now; but I'm going to study/browse the Lessons And Progressions in my own time. Or, at least, that's the way I plan to work.
I were really glad of all the changes, but now you made some more.
I feel you made it harder now to find the right level when easy only moves the progress of one level. The three were better. Why? Because there is no way changing the settings after logging information this week.
I think the changes are ok, takes some time to get used to thats all...But I missing the fixed templates/programming which made you choose between 2-3-4 times a week, upper/lower body split, It was also part of why i recommended the program to friends and family, who where unfamiliar with training programs. It was there for you from the start, didn't have to think to much!
And yes the system bumped me up to Elevated rows in RC, how do i get it down to ground rows?
And thanks a lot for increasing the reps nr to 15...
I was also on the previous SLS 3, its gone now so which nr is that on the SLS now, dont have the F2 yet so just wondering?
5 minutes ago, Roman Jakob said:Today I finished and logged the core workout and the lower body workout. Earlier this week I did a handstand session and logged that as well. For some reason the handstand sessions is not checked/green anymore in the "My available workouts" overview. It was checked/green when I finished the workout, I'm sure about that.
Shouldn't the workout stay checked/green for the rest of the week until it resets on Monday?
If this is a bug, where can I submit it?
Actually there is a support link included in the dashboard. Sorry I overlooked it!
https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/help/
I think this one is specifically to submit tickets for the workout planner.
Coach Sommer and tech crew. Wanted to offer some feedback on the new system.
Progress and change is always something I'm up for... especially if it's in the direction of providing better info, more clarity, and improved results. I see the possibilities in the new system and really like where it's going.
I've used it for 3 workouts this week and while it is definitely usable in the form it's in, there is one thing in particular that was incredibly helpful in the old system... the weekly planner / schedule. When I see the week planned out, I have a sense of what I need to accomplish for the week. I know where there harder days (and easier ones), longer and shorter, where there are holes, and it allows me to shuffle things around, as needed, to make them work, so that by the end of the week I get all the week's work done. In order for me to do that - both in GST and in my life, it requires having a place that I actually see it.
I see how flexible the new system is and there are some things that I really like about it... but for me (and I know a lot of people), too much flexibility and not enough structure is actually not supportive to continued progress and growth. I don't like having to make decisions every time I show up to the site for a workout. It feels like a bit of a mystery to me now - I can't see what I did... nor can I see what is coming up.
My request/suggestion is that a weekly planner/scheduler is added to the new site UI that is either populated by the system, or is manually populated by users... this would help us put together our own weekly practice schedule and give us a good place to see it all, right where it matters - inside of the GST system.
Hi Andy,
We are working on a history view. This will show you the schedule you have been on and give you an idea of what could happen during the present week if that schedule has been working. I am pretty excited for this as it allows for flexibility in the present week while showing what previously worked.
The planner was DEFINITELY valuable. Less decision-Fatigue!
I'm only in my fourth week of doing GB (F1/HS1/T1/SS), so i didn't have a lot of experience with the old system.. that said, on Monday, when the new UI rolled out its first iteration, i put together a weekly plan on a mini post-it after considering Coach's recommendations and my previous schedule for the components, pictured below.. not too tricky and
so far, so good
57 minutes ago, Judith Newton said:I'm only in my fourth week of doing GB (F1/HS1/SS), so i didn't have a lot of experience with the old system.. that said, on Monday, when the new UI rolled out its first iteration, i put together a weekly plan on a mini post-it after considering Coach's recommendations and my previous schedule for the components, pictured below.. not too tricky and
so far, so good
Props for not overthinking
1 hour ago, Judith Newton said:I'm only in my fourth week of doing GB (F1/HS1/T1/SS), so i didn't have a lot of experience with the old system.. that said, on Monday, when the new UI rolled out its first iteration, i put together a weekly plan on a mini post-it after considering Coach's recommendations and my previous schedule for the components, pictured below.. not too tricky and
so far, so good
Hmmmm. How does this technology interface with my smartphone? I assume, due to colour, its Bluetooth?
The history idea sounds very interesting. Makes a lot of sense. I personally love that the workouts are more adaptable to the day. Personally, I don't use the follow along video for my workouts. I just downloaded a metronome a long time ago and have it on in the background, while watching the original athlete video's executing the exercises. I just watch the old element videos and maybe the tip videos for certain elements. But past that I just focus on what I'm doing to the rhythm of the metronome. Developing that internal clock is far more valuable than watching a video and keeping up. If you're doing group workouts outside, then there's value there. But past that I recommend Metronome : D. Plus, you'll know exactly how long certain exercises take.
History view, YES!!!! That's what what so useful to me about the pen and paper method. My 3 year anniversary is in one month people!
My progression with the new format:
Day 1
Kicking 4 sets 15 reps
Screaming 4 sets 30sec
Whining 3 sets 36sec
Day 2
rest from day 1
Day 3
Tried it, I like it ![]()
To my fellow 30%ers still stuck on day one, or two, move forward ![]()
9 hours ago, Tom Feldmann said:My progression with the new format:
Day 1
Kicking 4 sets 15 reps
Screaming 4 sets 30sec
Whining 3 sets 36sec
Day 2
rest from day 1
Day 3
Tried it, I like it
To my fellow 30%ers still stuck on day one, or two, move forward
LOL. That was great, Tom. Thank you.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Hi all,
I am in F1 and an still seeing that I am going to de-load next week, and cannot change it. Should I expect my workouts next week to de-load? I would like that to not happen.
Thanks!
3 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bailey said:Hi all,
I am in F1 and an still seeing that I am going to de-load next week, and cannot change it. Should I expect my workouts next week to de-load? I would like that to not happen.
Thanks!
Cory has stated a couple times that come Monday that won't happen. They've clearly scheduled a lot of fixes and updates to happen Sunday night when people's workouts switch over. I fathom that their trying to do it prior to this systematic reset would screw up a lot of people's current week and lead to a lot of griping and smaller, subjective fixes. Mine says it, too: 3 weeks to deload. But it also says that I'm still on elements (today) that it said will progress up next week when I performed them earlier in the week. So just hang tight until Monday.
10 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:LOL. That was great, Tom. Thank you.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Wow! My first post ever and I get a nod from Coach, thanks. Happy to offer some comic relief, but not sure you should encourage me in that regard ;-)
When I saw the new interface I had a mild dose of 'Grumpy Old Man' syndrome. (Which is incurable and only gets worse). Why dumb it down for the 70%? I'm a 30%er dammit! No more deload? I've been guilty of overtraining in the past, and the deload forced me to have a break where the pressure to go 100% wasn't there and I could really focus on form. I have complete blind faith in the Coach and assumed deload had some science behind it, then I see it's removed because some slackers from other countries (Aussies never slack off) don't work out hard enough? What?
I'm a stats man, I get a warm nerdy little satisfied buzz putting in my stats, FLPE1 60, 45, 40, 40, 39. Mmmmmm. Let's add them all up, oooooh, a new total best time! Better write 'PB' next to that....... I write them on paper in the shed then bring them inside to put on the computer. So I get to write them down twice. Nice.
Now I only get to click a face? What?
Now, a few days in, I like this new set up. I've calmed down. Numbers don't matter I tell myself. I either do the required amount or I don't. I can choose move me up, move me down, or stay the same. No BS. Forget your little PB's.
Also I'd just completed MNPE1 and was about to move onto MNPE2 so dodged a bullet there.
Internet doesn't work in my shed. So I wrote down the length of the video, watched it, did a few reps inside to get a feel for the speed, then hit a stop watch and try to complete the workout within that time. Struth it's fast! I was way guilty of a 'little' break after mobility before the next set...... you know, extra stretch, sip of water..... anything to try and recover...... now my reps have dropped down that I'm doing it at the correct pace.