Hi everyone,
I am curious what have happened with announced F1 updates? They supposed to be active from this morning.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Gorjan Trivic, September 19, 2016 · 288 Replies · 18,798 Views
Hi everyone,
I am curious what have happened with announced F1 updates? They supposed to be active from this morning.
Hi Gorjan,
The update should be taking effect tomorrow.
Thanks.
I am sooo curious.....!

Exciting stuff!
It's now working
My kudos for the more elegant layout and mainly for placing pictures of every exercise in a progression tree without the tabs. Awesome to have the needed information at sight and each of the tec videos with name links!
I still have some doubts:
Hi,
I'm pursuing foundations 1 in parallel with the three stretch courses. My workout schedule looked like:
Monday - rest
Tuesday - front splits
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - side splits
Friday - F1 (30 minutes)
Saturday - thoracic bridge
Sunday - F1 (30 minutes)
The previous interface created the sets of exercises to accomplish for the F1 days that had a mixture of the focus areas (lower body, upper body, core). This made it so I did not have to choose what exercises to perform on a given day.
The new interface confuses me because I don't know how to split the F1 exercises on the two F1 days in my schedule. Will this feature return when the calendar view is launched?
Thank you!
Jennie
Igor,
Those are some great questions! I would like to know the answer to those also.
Thanks!
Can't see anything on my phone, the workout scheduler has disappeared.
Hi Jennie,
To accomplish that same schedule, you would do the following:
Monday - rest
Tuesday - click Front Splits
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - Click Middle Splits
Friday - Click Core and Legs
Saturday - Click Bridge
Sunday - Click Upper Body
You can swap the upper body and core or legs if you prefer.
It would be useful to have the particular progression name/level listed on the Workout Details page (where it has the pictures of the workout you're carrying out). Without these, it makes it very difficult to know what you are to select in Settings if you wanted to adjust them.
For example, it just says "Bent Hollow Body Rock 4x48r", but I do not know without checking whether this is SL/PE2 step 9 or sPL/PE1 step 9 or some other one. If you get what I mean.
Hi Igor,
1. Think of them less as strict days as more as options. You can do a stretch series after working out, there's a ton more flexibility since you don't have to "put in on the schedule" before the system allows you to do the workout.
2. Start by getting in all your available workouts at least once per week. The biggest frequency issue with many students has been "no frequency".
3. The ordering is meant to be very beginner and time friendly.
4. Yup, just don't click the smiley for that exercise. There's no penalty and there's no being held back if you don't do everything like before.
7 minutes ago, Gary MacLeod said:It would be useful to have the particular progression name/level listed on the Workout Details page (where it has the pictures of the workout you're carrying out). Without these, it makes it very difficult to know what you are to select in Settings if you wanted to adjust them.
For example, it just says "Bent Hollow Body Rock 4x48r", but I do not know without checking whether this is SL/PE2 step 9 or sPL/PE1 step 9 or some other one. If you get what I mean.
That is a great idea to add the step. We will look into doing it in a way that still keeps things simple.
Fantastic. Thanks, Cory. Also, is there no Mastery option any more? I just progressed to the third exercise in the SLS series and it's starting on 2 reps. I can squat comfortably, so it might be too easy. Normally the first attempt at a new exercise when you move on is a test for mastery I thought?
3 minutes ago, Cory Fair said:Hi Igor,
1. Think of them less as strict days as more as options. You can do a stretch series after working out, there's a ton more flexibility since you don't have to "put in on the schedule" before the system allows you to do the workout.
2. Start by getting in all your available workouts at least once per week. The biggest frequency issue with many students has been "no frequency".
3. The ordering is meant to be very beginner and time friendly.
4. Yup, just don't click the smiley for that exercise. There's no penalty and there's no being held back if you don't do everything like before.
Thanks, Cory!
Another feedback:
In the "Techinique tip", explicit if it's the PE or iM. Two equal links for different videos is confusing.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with the changes so far. Kudos again!
1 minute ago, Gary MacLeod said:Fantastic. Thanks, Cory. Also, is there no Mastery option any more? I just progressed to the third exercise in the SLS series and it's starting on 2 reps. I can squat comfortably, so it might be too easy. Normally the first attempt at a new exercise when you move on is a test for mastery I thought?
Mastery is still Step 9. Coach's preference is to progressively attempt mastery with steps 1-5-9. Clicking on the easy smiley face will accomplish this by bumping you up a few steps each week. You can still fiddle with your available progressions in the settings if you wish to finely tune it.
Cory,
is a workout log something that will appear soon? How do we record that we did the workout twice in a week? For example I do F1 on Monday and click in the smiley face, then how do I record that I also did F1 on Thursday?
Would you consider adding an optional way to record reps, so that I can easily see from the log if I'm doing micro improvements week to week for some difficult elements? I know I can write them in the notes, but a selector would be handy...
Thanks,
Giovanni
2 minutes ago, Cory Fair said:Mastery is still Step 9. Coach's preference is to progressively attempt mastery with steps 1-5-9. Clicking on the easy smiley face will accomplish this by bumping you up a few steps each week. You can still fiddle with your available progressions in the settings if you wish to finely tune it.
Hi
I can´t adjust my progressions. When I try to do that it only says "Please make sure all exercises are set". What do you think I´m doing wrong?
Thanks,
John
Just now, Giovanni Garcea said:Cory,
is a workout log something that will appear soon? How do we record that we did the workout twice in a week? For example I do F1 on Monday and click in the smiley face, then how do I record that I also did F1 on Thursday?
Would you consider adding an optional way to record reps, so that I can easily see from the log if I'm doing micro improvements week to week for some difficult elements? I know I can write them in the notes, but a selector would be handy...
Thanks,
Giovanni
-Yes, workout history calendar very soon
-Smileys are for whichever day you are on. So log it today and come back tomorrow and you'll be able to click smileys again to log that day as well.
-Sets and reps become available in place of smileys once you have started F2 on three elements. We'll discuss whether there will be an option to enable it earlier (though it won't be required by default).
Technical issues should go to support tickets guys. We're going to help everyone as fast as we can.
8 hours ago, Jeffrey Bailey said:Sorry, meant to be asking Cory that. Want to know if there is somewhere to read about all the changes to both the program itself and the portal.
I will post something along that lines as the flurry calms down. Short version:
F1 -> Hinge Rows are now PE5, everything else got bumped back a level. RCPE6 is now only 30s mastery
F1 -> Brand new SLS progressions and mobility. Deck Squat is now the last progression in F1 to make progress smoother.
All of the content and progress is still retained.
12 minutes ago, John Persson said:Hi
I can´t adjust my progressions. When I try to do that it only says "Please make sure all exercises are set". What do you think I´m doing wrong?
Thanks,John
We've received this report and are looking into it.
2 minutes ago, Trevor Lewis said:What about having pre-built workouts as options on homepage like we already had selected? I was in the middle of a F7 three days a week progression and now it has completely different exercises and none of the exercises I was doing are located together now. This is an incredibly frustrating new rollout...
F7 is not Coach's recommendation for a beginner, which is why workouts have been broken up. To do F7 you'd just do Upper Body, Core and Lower Body all on the same day. You can do that as many times a week as you prefer.
First I were like f***
Now i´m like NIIICEEE!!!
It does not matter what you did before and how you used to schedule things. Just have faith in the system and give the new structure a couple of weeks of fair chance and I can promise you will be happy and making progress.
10 minutes ago, Riku Calderón said:First I were like f***
Now i´m like NIIICEEE!!!
It does not matter what you did before and how you used to schedule things. Just have faith in the system and give the new structure a couple of weeks of fair chance and I can promise you will be happy and making progress.
I agree, I certainly found myself going wow this is different and feeling slightly uncomfortable that the way I was doing things could change quite a bit.
But then, just thinking about it a bit I'm guessing there's been a lot of thought gone into the new approach, which I assume is the latest thinking from all the data Coach Sommer and his team have recorded from the site, i.e. which people progress the quickest, which people stall and don't progress etc. There must be a whole heap of data mining that could have been done and again I'm guessing this is what has happened.
I'm looking forward to 'taking care of business' as he says.
Im liking the changes so far, and Im guessing once the calendar gets implemented they will make a ton more sense.
One thing that called my attention though is the lack of the whole "GB Course Structures" and such section. You know, the chunks of text that explained how the courses work, lists of rep schemes, etc. I know most of them by heart now, but Im guessing some newcomers could benefit from that. Also, what happened to the training schemes? I was doing the F1 2day split 3 times a week, but now the course suggests I do each "area" once a week? Im kind of confused by that...