Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When will I get huge arms?

Dominic Marella

Dominic Marella

This is written half in jest... But I am also genuinely curious.

At what point in the GB training will a dedicated individual experience an increase in arm size?

Full disclosure, I am very excited to begin (again) the Fundamentals course and sincerely want to increase my mobility and body function. But I also want some super beach muscles.

Any insight would be appreciated. 

- dom

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

When a person can handle straight arms rings strength training.

• Upvote 3

Toni Laukkavaara

Minimum of few years i'd say. I dont see a reason you couldn't work your beach muscles (arms) earlier. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with rest of your training

Arms chest and back certainly get built somewhat on Foundation level training. They will explode on Rings if and only if proper physical preparation is in place to capitalise on the significant tension and loads involved :)

Dominic Marella

Thanks for the honest responses to a question I left wide open for serious trolls :)

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!

Felix Schreiter

Hey there,

I have been working only on Foundation 1 and Handstand 1 strength wise since about 2 years and my arms are 38cm. I don't know if that is huge for you, but compared to the general public its not small either :) And I am still working mainly on mobility. Either way you will experience great improvements physique wise from push up, dip and row/chin up work, unless you mastered them already. Dialing in your diet also makes a difference.