Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

handstand name and proper progression to it

Oussama KHELLADI

Oussama KHELLADI

Hi all 

am a huge fan of capoeira for its beautiful mouvements and a long time ago i decided that  i have to reaquire my flexibilty in shoulders legs and back so i can learn and play capoeira with no injuries .

i discovered this handstand along time ago someone told me back than that i should do the same assisted with the wall i want to know wish exercice is suitable for it to be mastered, Bridge limber etc ? 

thanks 

Screenshot - 7_20_2016 , 11_10_16 AM.png

Petra Dvorak

I imagine Thoracic bridge stretch course to get the mobility plus the Handstand courses will lead you towards this position

• Upvote 1

Christian Nogueira

I think in gymnastics this would be a Reverse Planche. I believe Coach had a post about this somewhere.

Everett Carroll

Although the video is no longer on YouTube, this may be what you're looking for Christian.

• Upvote 1

Piotr Ochocki

In circus world its name is mexican handstand, you can find some read about it out there.

• Upvote 2

Jon Douglas

For reference one of Coachs boys could brush his toes on the ground in a rev pl then pull back up for reps in warmup :)

• Upvote 1

Julian Aldag

I saw coach's student Dillon, begin in a floor bridge and then PRESS into this.

In the circus world it is both called a Mexican Handstand and also a Hollow back (not to be confused with the gymnastic hollow back press :/  )

• Like 1