Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Inputs for new cycle

Fryk

Thanks! But actually its not MY thinking but comes from Alexander Lechner. He's BIG guy from Bavaria (6' 3", 220 pounds) who wrote a one-arm-chinning-guide together with Jack Arnow.

Yes, he does OAC's :shock: Impossible is nothing :D

Joshua Naterman

Ah I forgot to mention in my log that I did a front and back support hold on a smith machine. Made sure my body was in the proper position. It is pretty tough, I like it! Can't wait to build my swedish bars and try the real deal! I have the wood at my friends' place, just have to make the things.

Fryk,

did you already start your program?

As I wrote I did negative Frontpulls (one leg extended) on monday. I did FL static holds (adv tuck, knees pointing to the ceiling) combined with deck squat jumping for height and distance on tuesday. Yesterday I did those negative Frontpulls + Frontleverpulls (one leg extended, too) and it felt like I could almost hold it! Felt really good although I started yesterday with BL statics and then Supporthold on rings + press to shoulderstand with feet on straps which were quite exhausting.

Before doing negative Frontpulls on monday for the first time I had 9 weeks of FL static holds (adv tuck) + FBE (sometimes abs, sometimes SLS). Hopefully I can hold the FL with one leg in a few weeks :D I'll let you know here.

I am going to start my cycle of tomorrow. This past week has just been a little mixed.

Cool Heinrich! I am still unsure about the FL thing. Why I tried to re-read the BtGB-pages on FL. After reading this I was thinking of progressing to the straddle instead as it is prescribed in the book. In the book the technique is to extend the legs slowly from adv. tuck to straddle. I guess this is not done over one or two work-outs, but as a phase which I have to address sooner or later.

In order to help FL and Planche progress through straddle positions, I will add straddle L work to the routine.

On top of this I will look to do some handstand work most likely 12 cycles of 30work/45rest - perhaps as a second work-out by itself.

Besides rotating the usual exercise I will do a two a week back pulling.