This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Razz's log, video p. 63

Started by Razz, August 24, 2009 · 1,193 Replies · 52,662 Views

Animalonfire

When not dipping it in vinegar you can cover the area with sugar paste/honey to suck the water out of every motherfungi(poor pun?) there. Same mechanism as the salt, but it should stick for day to day wear http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmosis . This is an old school Chinese way of keeping out infection from open wounds. And of course unless there is defiantly a bacterial infection antibiotics will be as useful as an inflatable darts board :wink: . Let us know how the competition goes!

Razz

I healed it :mrgreen:

Hot soap water followed by some 'exploring' of what was actually wrong. Started cutting the blister like thing with a knife and found out it was just infected like hell..yellow fluid running out for 10 minutes or so. Half a roll of toilet paper later I did salt water again.

2 days later with regular salt water baths it still hurt a bit and I squeezed my foot during 'exploring' of what the hell was wrong. While Squeezing/pinching the foot a 1cm splint of some sort came out. Now it's all good again :mrgreen: Thank god I didn't get antibiotics for that!

Joshua Naterman

WOW, that's frikin huge man!!! You trying to smuggle toothpicks into jail or something?! :P

Razz
slizzardman said:
WOW, that's frikin huge man!!! You trying to smuggle toothpicks into jail or something?! :P

HAHAHA yeah I was like what the hell is that when it came out.. :mrgreen: Thank you very much for the tips btw!

note: that comment so called for a 'thats what she said' but i...kept it in :mrgreen:

Joshua Naterman
Razz said:
i...kept it in :mrgreen:

THAT'S what she said!!!

Quick Start Test Smith

Rofl! :lol:

Razz

Hahaha :mrgreen:

Today did 3x my routine for rings and some tsukaharas on vault. Should be good next weekend :D

Christian Sørlie

Good luck on that!

Svend

Good luck! I'd love to see a video of your ring routine! :)

Razz

Thanks guys :D I'll film the whole thing..well that's my plan at least :P I'll put it up if it goes well haha

Svend

Haha, well, let's hope you do well then. Which elements do you include in your ring routine? MU to BL? Cross?

Razz

It's: MU to BL--> kip to l-sit-->cross-->cross to BL--> dislocation (or inlocation??)-->swing to support-->l-sit-->backwards dislocation-->layout backflip

It's a bit too hard for me the strength part but it's not such a serious competition so it's more for showing off :mrgreen: Also note that it would never count as a real routine as theres missing some swing to strength and swings through handstands, but since it's a lower division that doesn't matter :D

Animalonfire

How's the front lever?

Razz
Animalonfire said:
How's the front lever?

I suck at front levers :lol: Can hold a good straddle for about 5s but if I do full lay it gets too hollow

Joshua Naterman

Hahaha, that's crazy! Do you have an easy OAC?

I am pretty sure my progress on the FL came primarily from triceps strength due to strong weighted dips and retraction (and possible internal rotation) strength due to strong weighted pull ups (different from chins). It seems like the OAC/weighted chins benefit straight arm stuff like PL and maltese and cross, but not FL so much. It seems like pull ups are more beneficial for FL to me, at least so far.

I say this because despite my large strides forward in OAC work I do not see much carryover to FL, but when I was doing more PULL UP work I did see a large carryover. I've switched to OAC for shoulder purposes right now, but I am making good enough progress to where I should be able to get a more even spread of training in a month or two.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. Any comments on what you think?

Razz

Narh I can't OAC, but I'm pretty close, should get it after the competition.

I definately think pullup strength correlates with FL strength, would explain why I'm quite weak in both aswell :P Most people who are strong in FL are also strong in pullups, and most people who are strong pullers seem to get FLs easier.

I don't have much experience with how OAC can affect cross and PL but I'm hoping to find out soon :D

AlexX
slizzardman said:
Hahaha, that's crazy! Do you have an easy OAC?

I am pretty sure my progress on the FL came primarily from triceps strength due to strong weighted dips and retraction (and possible internal rotation) strength due to strong weighted pull ups (different from chins). It seems like the OAC/weighted chins benefit straight arm stuff like PL and maltese and cross, but not FL so much. It seems like pull ups are more beneficial for FL to me, at least so far.

I say this because despite my large strides forward in OAC work I do not see much carryover to FL, but when I was doing more PULL UP work I did see a large carryover. I've switched to OAC for shoulder purposes right now, but I am making good enough progress to where I should be able to get a more even spread of training in a month or two.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. Any comments on what you think?

My experience with the OAC and front lever is the same. I can do a OAC but front lever is still not too solid (OAC feels more of bicep/lat move whereas the front lever is upper back and lats).

Joshua Naterman

Yes, I am impressed with how much lat involvement there is with OAC, and it seems like my brachialis is growing a LOT! It seems like all of the smaller muscles are the ones that are really growing on me right now.

Animalonfire

Well I'm glad I focused on pull ups more than chins against the advice of various authors. Ignorance is bliss as they say :)

Razz, have you had any success with ido's scap pull>fl ? I don't think its a sacred seminar only secret because Robb Wolf discussed it on a podcast :wink:

Razz

Scap pull ->FL? Like a hanging shrug and then lifting into FL? I can do the arched scap pull all the way into a FLish thing, and I can pull straight body to a momentary FL with scaps retracted.

Joshua Naterman
Animalonfire said:
Well I'm glad I focused on pull ups more than chins against the advice of various authors. Ignorance is bliss as they say :)

Razz, have you had any success with ido's scap pull>fl ? I don't think its a sacred seminar only secret because Robb Wolf discussed it on a podcast :wink:

I didn't know Ido said anything about that, cool! Are you talking about starting in a hang and doing a straight arm pull into FL variation or are you talking about doing FL scap rows? I like FL scap retraction rows as well.

Animalonfire

From a dead hang > scapula pull up > head back, pull as far as you can into super arched FL and hold for reps.I'm seeing nice results with it, but no advancement from flat tuck yet

Joshua Naterman

Ah, so we're shrugging the scaps into depression first. Gotcha.

Razz

Ah yes that exercise, I like it a lot but haven't been consistent enough to see results lately. Training starts now though.

Won the 3rd division championship :D Had a decent floor exercise, rings were fine too except my cross was too high, probably got a ,1 or ,3 deduction on that one which I'm a bit disappointed with, buuuuuut what the heck, time to get stronger now :D

Thanks to mrnielsjorgensen for a great competition!

There was the strongest most insane guy ever competing on rings.. he had like 2 months of gymnastics backround but could do no false grip cross and cross pullout like I can do muscleups..damn it was insane. He could also full planche on pbars, rarely do you see guys with weight lifting experience who can transfer it to gymnastics like that :S I felt weak!

Tarun Suri

Congrats Razz.

That guys sounds crazy, but I guess there will always be a stronger guy out there.