This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New York City

Started by IcedDante, July 7, 2014 · 112 Replies · 12,930 Views

Randeep Walia
9 hours ago, Neema Fotoohi said:

Randeep, look forward to it as well.

After closer inspection of your avatar, I noticed it's of capoeiristas. While I've "retired" from formal training, I still do the movements and train by myself here and there so I'm not fully out of the game.

I'm over by Harlem. Where do you train?

Cool- sent you a PM!

MATTHEW LOBACZ

Great to see some GSTers making it work in NYC! I was surprised there's no affiliate here yet and google brought me to this thread. I've been doing foundation, stretch series and handstand for about 5 months now at home, would love to get some work in a group setting. Gonna check out some of Nick's classes soon and hope to meet up with some of you guys at parks when it's warmer!

Michele Bonds

Hello everyone!  I'm brand new to GB and would love to hear about pointers, give or receive support, or check out meet up opportunities.  Any plans to connect?  And any appetite to talk about starting an actual gym of our own that does this work?

Christopher Denzer

Hi Michele:

welcome to GB. I'm also from NYC (queens and brooklyn) and been on GB for around a year and a half. Feel free to reach out with questions or if you need a stall bar to work out on!

Nick Ebner

@Michele Bonds& @Christopher Denzer @Chris Garay & I want to plan a meet-up for this summer w. @Paul Watson. It may be in NYC or somewhere else in the north east, we haven't decided yet. Message me on FB for more info and I can add you two to our GB North East group.

Mavreen Smiel

Hi Everyone!

A GB newbie here as well. I live in Crown Heights and work in FiDi. Definitely up to hangout and work on things together. Also, count me as another shocked person we don't have a GB affiliate gym in NYC. 

Christopher Denzer

Agreed! If only I were further along in my own training and had the resources, I'd open up a facility here in Brooklyn. This kind of training would be super-popular and is absolutely necessary for the population.

Michele Bonds

Nick, sent you a friend request.  Please do add me to the group.  Christopher, if you know where I can find stall bars, I'd love to hear about it.  I know the guy who started the CrossFit Wall Street and FiDi.  I could check with him to see if we could have a weekly meet up at one of his spaces.  I'm confident they have rings.  Could also ask about stall bars.  Anyone interested?

Christopher Denzer

 Nick,

i sent a friend request.

Michele,

ive got stall bars at my place in queens, but the only other place I know of that has stall bars is Crossfit park slope in Gowanus.

Nick Ebner

@Christopher Denzer - are you CW GD on FB?

Michele Bonds

Christopher, where are you in Queens?

Christopher Denzer

Yep

Christopher Denzer

Jackson heights

Dwayne Jones

Nick,

I'm not on FB, so I guess I'll keep track of this thread for any updates on that. In the meantime, I live in Crown Heights and work in FIDI as well. My friend and I have been organizing training sessions at Tompkins Square Park this summer if anyone is interested

Robert Troia

@Nick Ebner I'd be interested in something in NYC as well. Is there a link to join the FB group? Also, you might want to speak with the folks at Brooklyn Athletic Club located in Williamsburg/Greenpoint. They sometimes open up their main training floor for outside groups. Need to check if they have stall bars, though.

Nick Ebner
On 7/5/2017 at 0:19 PM, Robert Troia said:

@Nick Ebner I'd be interested in something in NYC as well. Is there a link to join the FB group? Also, you might want to speak with the folks at Brooklyn Athletic Club located in Williamsburg/Greenpoint. They sometimes open up their main training floor for outside groups. Need to check if they have stall bars, though.

One of my best friend's trains himself there. Larry run's that place right? He's was a Poliquin guy right?

Nick Ebner
On 7/5/2017 at 0:19 PM, Robert Troia said:

@Nick Ebner I'd be interested in something in NYC as well. Is there a link to join the FB group? Also, you might want to speak with the folks at Brooklyn Athletic Club located in Williamsburg/Greenpoint. They sometimes open up their main training floor for outside groups. Need to check if they have stall bars, though.

also, robert, whats your email? You can FB message me if you prefer. I'll add you to the group.

Robert Troia
On 8/17/2017 at 0:55 PM, Nick Ebner said:

also, robert, whats your email? You can FB message me if you prefer. I'll add you to the group.

@Nick Ebner I just sent you a Facebook message. Thanks.

Juan Martinez 246408

So I recently encountered on Instagram transformgst with Paul watson. He's in nyc and I am taking my first handstand course with him. Anyone here live in New york city? Hooe you all have a blessed day

Nick Ebner

Hey All,

  I would like to announce that myself and Paul Watson are joining forces! Starting Oct 2nd, all of Nick Ebner Integrative Fitness's group classes will be merging with TransformGST. This means all the NYC GST classes will be unified under one roof. We're starting off with 22 classes and 4 hours of open gym, the schedule is pretty awesome. Here it is... Class Link . Feel free to follow up with any comments or questions. Hope to see some of you in classes!

Robert Troia
17 hours ago, Nick Ebner said:

Hey All,

  I would like to announce that myself and Paul Watson are joining forces! Starting Oct 2nd, all of Nick Ebner Integrative Fitness's group classes will be merging with TransformGST. This means all the NYC GST classes will be unified under one roof. We're starting off with 22 classes and 4 hours of open gym, the schedule is pretty awesome. Here it is... https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/admmainclass#an1 . Feel free to follow up with any comments or questions. Hope to see some of you in classes!

Hey @Nick Ebner, the MindBody link you posted isn't working?

David Rosenberg

Hey @Nick Ebner that link doesn't seem to work. 

Kingsley Cross

I can still count on my hands the amount of years I've been training with GST.  Here are some of my results:

instagram: kingzLoFitness

youtube: kingzlo

In my spare time I'm practically learning programming JavaScript to compliment my Web and Graphic skills (sketchwork on instagram: racketINK).  

I'm 39 years old at a level of Foundation 1 (some of F2 (Planche and Legs (and no problem with doing pullups))) and Handstand 1.  

Looking to freelance mentally and physically as I'm continuing my journey learning and teaching.