This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New York City

Started by IcedDante, July 7, 2014 · 112 Replies · 12,930 Views

Luke Searra

Hello Michael, thank you for your post. I recommend you start with GST Fundamentals, and then move onto Foundations, after that perhaps tumbling one. I would prefer you were at least half way through foundations one and handstand before you started our tumbling course.

Michael Badalov
Quote
2 minutes ago, Luke Searra said:

Hello Michael, thank you for your post. I recommend you start with GST Fundamentals, and then move onto Foundations, after that perhaps tumbling one. I would prefer you were at least half way through foundations one and handstand before you started our tumbling course.

 

Any place you recommend or know of in the NY area that's not too pricey, I'm just a not so well of grad student lol

Luke Searra

Hi Paul,

TransformGST is located at 133 E58th street suite#902, mobile: (917) 804-1866
email: paul@transformfitnessnyc.com
 

 

Nick Ebner

Transform is great and Paul is an awesome coach and person. 

I also teach GST & Stretch/Mobility classes out of Complete Body on 19th. More info here - http://www.nickebnerfitness.com/

Also, I suggest we schedule a Sunday Meet-up in August @ Tompkins Square Park. I will be busy either the 7th or the 14th and should know which it will be sometime this week. What works for everyone else?

I set up a FB group with a few other GB Coaches and Athletes in this area and will conference with them as well. 

Luke Searra

Thank you for posting Nick

Christopher Denzer

Count me in!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Count me in

Eva Pelegrin

Sunday mornings I teach and I'm not available until noon.

How do meet-ups work? Is there an agenda?

I'd be interested in tumbling elements. It would be a plus to meet in Central Park, if possible.

Richard Wolff

I'm in as well! Glad to see we have GST certified coach in town. Look forward to dropping in soon!

Dorian Brown

I'm  interested.

David McManamon

Sunday meetups won't work for me because I teach a 2 hour flexibility & strength class in Flushing but on Saturday's I could walk over.  Actually you might catch me there or at other nearby parks during the week to, last time I went I hit 20 consecutive korean dips, today I'll be there doing mostly handstands but I'll go for 25 and see.

Robert Troia

Just getting started with Foundation as well - if anyone knows a good GST-friendly facility in Williamsburg (BK), please let me know!

I've been bringing rings to my gym and using the Smith machine/rack but looking ahead will eventually need access to other equipment such as stall bars (I asked them about purchasing some but doubt they'll do it). Also, I found a park nearby that has outdoor parallel bars:

IMG_8450.JPG

It's on Marcy Ave. between Metropolitan Ave. and Hope St.:

Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 3.29.56 PM.png

Christopher Denzer

David:

What class in Flushing? I'm in nearby Jackson Heights and would like to join.

Nick Ebner
I am proposing 4 dates for the NYC meet up: Sat 8/13 or Sat 8/20 around 1/1:30pm meet up or Sunday 8/14 or 8/21, starting any time before 1pm.
I assume not everyone will be able to make any one date or time, so let's see what everyones working with and we can move forward from there.
Nick Ebner

i'm not sure why the font spaced that way, I tried editing it down. Sorry.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
14 minutes ago, Nick Ebner said:
I am proposing 4 dates:
Sat 6/13 or Sat 6/20 around 1/1:30pm meet up
or
Sunday 6/14 or 6/21, starting any time before 1pm
 
I assume not everyone will be able to make any one date or time, so let's see what everyones working with and we can move forward from there.
 

I think you mean August? The dates mark the month as 6 or June. Just a small side note. The first weekend works for me. The second weekend I'm out of town.

Jin Liu

I'm in too! Just signed up for the Foundation courses, and i'm excited =]

Luke Searra

Enjoy Jin

Randeep Walia
On 7/14/2016 at 11:39 PM, Michael Badalov said:

Hey Guys! I've never done gymnastics before or any gst. I just go to the gym weights and cardio. I don't even know how to do a cart wheel or a hand stand but I really want to learn. Any advice on where to go? I live in Queens.

Michael- Chelsea Piers has a beginner Adult Tumbling that is really great (albeit a little pricey). There's also Brooklyn Zoo which you can check out.

Randeep Walia

Nick, I'll make myself available for any of those 4 dates. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Nick Ebner

Since it is supposed to rain all this weekend, lets aim for Saturday 20th at 1/1:30pm. Let's meet at Tompkins Square Park at 10th St & Avenue B where the bars are. 

If by chance it ends up being rainy on this day, I can possibly have us meet at Complete Body & Spa on 19th St as back up. We won't have stall bars or P-Bars there but we can make do.

Let me know who plans to attend so I know how to prepare for everyone. BRING WATER, a yoga matt if you want one and a towel for sure. I may have a friend who is interested in doing some GST videography/photography come as well.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Damn. I'm out of town the 19th and 20th. Well, enjoy everyone. Wish I could attend. Also good looks on the weather forecast, guess I won't be attending that Food festival this weekend then, either.

 

Robert Troia

@Nick Ebner does it matter what GB level(s) people are at? I'm only ~1 month into Foundation.

Nick Ebner
3 hours ago, Robert Troia said:

@Nick Ebner does it matter what GB level(s) people are at? I'm only ~1 month into Foundation.

Nope. We can make it work.

Dorian Brown

I should be able to make it on the 20th.